• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII PC performance thread

For the guys experiencing stuttering, there's an option to make loading longer but it loads everything at once into ram instead of asynchronously fetching stuff from the harddrive to cache. Maybe the stuttering is an IO issue and if that's the case that option should help.

Here a comparison of what the 'temporal injection' looks like in terms of quality.
75% is pretty good.

vergleichpdzha.gif

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
The way you spoke about it made it seem like it was some huge penalty in input latency given how it should be completely removed from the OP.
If you can notice 7 ms of input latency at 144 frames per second on a Gsync monitor, then more power to you. I, on a non-gsync display, enjoy the frame consistency provided by RTSS over internal game frame limiters, which tend to cause frame pacing issues above and below.

Also, there is no test there for Vsync + frame limit set to refresh limit (which is what I do). Rather, always refresh -1... that would introduce a mismatched frame every second and produce constant stutter.

Well I see your point and agree with the margins, but I just stated what appears to be a fact. Specially given how latency sensitive these type of games are.
Also, built-in tools may vary per game and should be evaluated before assuming they have pacing issues.

dr_rus

The way you spoke about it made it seem like it was some huge penalty in input latency given how it should be completely removed from the OP.
If you can notice 7 ms of input latency at 144 frames per second on a Gsync monitor, then more power to you. I, on a non-gsync display, enjoy the frame consistency provided by RTSS over internal game frame limiters, which tend to cause frame pacing issues above and below.

Also, there is no test there for Vsync + frame limit set to refresh limit (which is what I do). Rather, always refresh -1... that would introduce a mismatched frame every second and produce constant stutter.

This has gone into fairytales territory lately, with people fighting (and loosing at it) vsync lag on 240Hz panels. I mean, I don't really notice any lag on my 60Hz non-gaming one (albeit it's rather fast in gaming mode) so it's kinda hard for me to believe that a lot of people would even notice lag at 144Hz, let alone 240.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 144Hz monitor (Viewsonic XG2401) but the maximum refresh rate is only 120Hz?

EDIT: I've just played a round and the game is terribly soft? Almost blurry, it's using my native res.

This has gone into fairytales territory lately, with people fighting (and loosing at it) vsync lag on 240Hz panels. I mean, I don't really notice any lag on my 60Hz non-gaming one (albeit it's rather fast in gaming mode) so it's kinda hard for me to believe that a lot of people would even notice lag at 144Hz, let alone 240.

Anecdotal experience: mucked around with various settings inside and outside the game.

It seems like the input lag isn't noticeable at all with in-game v-sync on, on my 60 Hz monitor, but with a note that the NVIDIA Control Panel settings have the game's max rendered frames set to 1. The game's mouse cursor will feel a bit heavy in the lobby, but it's responsive in an actual game.

It also seems like setting all settings to their maxed out equivalents outside of textures, shadow resolution, and baking the static shadows (disabled) is doable on a GTX 970 in my experience. (Maxing out the texture and resolution settings induces momentary hitches in gameplay.)

I did flip on the shader cache (I'm willing to trade initial load times for less in-game stuttering as I'm on an SSD), as well as making player weapon shadowing always turned on. I don't like graphical effects that disable themselves.

Does the game run poorly on systems with just 8 GB of RAM, or on a HDD install? I have a friend that seems to be having severe stuttering with a 970 and a 4.8 GHz i5-4690K, but just 8 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM and a normal HDD. (I have a stock i5-4590.)

NB: if you prefer using Fast Sync, the best setting for the game seem to Medium everything, all extra features but shadow baking turned on, weapon shadows auto on, to make it manage 120 FPS most of the time.

1080 ti
i5 4670k OCed to 4.5gz
16 gb ddr3

Getting about 170-220 fps all settings low with some AA and shadows on at 1080p. Feels smooth for the most part. I did notice a tiny bit of micro stutter.

chitnex

VRAM and RAM usage? Rigs?
Sorry I took so long to reply, but I hadn't had much more time to play it. I've chalked it up to network issues as it wouldn't happen consistently and I would be able to see my player model lagging through the opposing player's smooth kill cam. For what it's worth though, I'm running an i5-6400, gtx 970 and 8GBs of ram.

The game is a ton of fun when it's running smooth, and I hope it retains players for the final release.

zoobzone

Game doesn't run on my rig for some reason.

I can hear the music, my screen flickers 100 times and puts me on Windows desktop. Can't get into the game, everytime I try to tab in, it'll just tab me back out to desktop.

EDIT: Got it, game LOCKS my display to the TV, can't change it to X34. I'm not going to unplug my setup just to play a beta.

I'm not sure if this game is really poorly optimised or my 1070 is just brute forcing its way through it. I turned on the shader pre-load option and I get 0 stuttering in-game now

I'd fuck with this on PC because it feels more brainless and easy to pick up than any FPS I'm playing rn and in the future (BF1, R6, PUBG, and SWBF2 and Destiny 2 in the future) so it has a place in my rotation. But the low playercounts tho...

fersnake

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I hadn't had much more time to play it. I've chalked it up to network issues as it wouldn't happen consistently and I would be able to see my player model lagging through the opposing player's smooth kill cam. For what it's worth though, I'm running an i5-6400, gtx 970 and 8GBs of ram.

The game is a ton of fun when it's running smooth, and I hope it retains players for the final release.

well i dont know if it is of the lack of amd drivers for this beta but i cant maintain stable 60fps i always get 40/50ish in some scenes and i have 8gb @1600, so if you're fine with 8gb it's probably the drivers, but then again i watched some vids on YT playing with my RX 570 and they're running fine. but with 16gb ram so... i really dont know what to think xD i hope they fix this at release.

Fakling

Neo Member
Anyone here had a memory leak with the game?

I was playing and mid-match I had one, gave up on the beta and I saw some people on their forums with the same problem.

5olid_5nake

For the guys experiencing stuttering, there's an option to make loading longer but it loads everything at once into ram instead of asynchronously fetching stuff from the harddrive to cache. Maybe the stuttering is an IO issue and if that's the case that option should help.

This is also my problem as well, like, everything is running smoothly for 5 minutes, then it goes in full on stuttering fest. It is literally unplayable.

Specs:

gtx 1060 6GB, i5 3350p and 8GB of DDR3 ram. I tried every graphical setting from everything on low to everything on high to no avail.

Played the game just fine on a 8600k with 970gtx and 16gb ram.

Upgraded to a 1070ti and now the game has microstutters. I play using a 1080p gsync monitor and fps does not dip below 100.

It sucks that upgrading can make a game run worse

Edit: the game seems to be using the full 8GB of vram on this card. How the hell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom