• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling in for Work, or How Olimario Learned to Kill Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
Blackace said:
25 years is a long time to change... people change. I used to be a dealer, and a thief... even have fired weapons at people, but now I am a teacher...Now I have a purpose in life bigger than I could ever have thought when I was 19 and doing all that crap. Not that I ever killed anyone, but damn people do change....

They do, but people also fake change and some change is temporary. With dealing and stealing you aren't really running the risk of killing an innocent person if you relapse.
With murder, you are.

And I'm pro death penalty... So what, Maf? Are you really so ignorant as to not accept a belief other than your own?

Ill accept beliefs that arent fueled by the experience of being a spoiled kid who feels empowered by passing judgement on less fortunate people based off of chance.

You are an idiot. If I had my way you'd be banned from participating in this forum. Ill tell you why. For all the racist fucks and bastards we've banned from the forum they were at least HONEST about being sons of bitches. You on the other hand hide behind claims of protecting the innocent and other various lines of Olimario bullshit.

YOU ARE A BAD PERSON. Coming from ME I hope this is some kind of life-changing sign for you.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
olimario said:
They do, but people also fake change and some change is temporary. With dealing and stealing you aren't really running the risk of killing an innocent person if you relapse.
With murder, you are.

And I'm pro death penalty... So what, Maf? Are you really so ignorant as to not accept a belief other than your own?

You see, I could have killed someone, in a shootout, or for a drug deal gone wrong and and pay back had to happen. Or someone trying to get back at me could have gotten someone killed...

I learned more about life than I could have anywhere else, I wouldn't trade my strike and my exp for almost anything someone could offer me. I am who I am today because of what I went through but I was offered a second chance and I have made my best of it... teaching kids.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
olimario said:

But the ten commandments oli. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. GOD WROTE THOSE.

pretty sure one of them has something about killing.

MrAngryFace said:
Ah the right when you wake up phone call haha. I got a call yesterday from an employee, said he 'must have eaten something bad'

Olimario:
Shut up you spoiled kid killer. Must be nice to have a dad who works at NASA and a girlfriend that loves you for some insane reasons. ON TOP OF THE WORLD YOU CAN PASS JUDGEMENT. Fuck you Olimario. The kids need mental help, not death. Fucker.

YOU arent even psychologically mature, but youre allowed to run around and participate in life! Who knows when you'll snap? I certainlly dont wanna be around for that.

:lol

Olimariowned.

xsarien

daedsiluap
olimario said:
WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUN THE RISK OF RELEASING SOMEBODY WHO HAS MURDERED BEFORE?
Why is it wrong that I hold the view they never be released?

Well, let's see:
You, personally, don't know the circumstances of the case. Maybe the death was a gross accident? Maybe it was self-defense that can't be proven? Maybe, in some cases, the system actually works and people are reformed?

Protip: We all have the capacity to take the life of another. Whether or not we act on it is based on situations, events, and events in life that cannot be isolated with bullet points. If someone has killed once, they should be punished, but also given a second chance. If someone kills more than once, that's when you start to explore parole denials.

In both cases, psychiatric help is needed. If for no other reason than to deal with related grief, guilt, and explore the reasons and events leading up to the death.

olimario: so you don't believe that souls can be saved, especially those of children? Or, more specifically, you feel that the chance of saving their soul isn't worth the threat of them not being saved and the even smaller chance of them killing again?

Who gets the chance for redemption, oli? Pampered rich kids? Exactly HOW do you understand forgiveness?

What WOULD Jesus Do?

olimario

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Ill accept beliefs that arent fueled by the experience of being a spoiled kid who feels empowered by passing judgement on less fortunate people based off of chance.

You are an idiot. If I had my way you'd be banned from participating in this forum. Ill tell you why. For all the racist fucks and bastards we've banned from the forum they were at least HONEST about being sons of bitches. You on the other hand hide behind claims of protecting the innocent and other various lines of Olimario bullshit.

YOU ARE A BAD PERSON. Coming from ME I hope this is some kind of life-changing sign for you.

Who are you to pass judgement on me? Fucking hypocrite.

And who am I passing judgement on? People who have already been convicted of murder? Sorry, they're judgement was issued by somebody other than myself. I'm just echoing it and providing my view on punishment. HEY! YOU'RE DOING THE SAME THING, BUT WITH A DIFFERENT VIEW! We're no so different!

olimario: so you don't believe that souls can be saved, especially those of children? Or, more specifically, you feel that the chance of saving their soul isn't worth the threat of them not being saved and the even smaller chance of them killing again?

What WOULD Jesus Do?

I do, but I don't want to run the risk of something bad happening to another innocent upon their release. I've gone back on my view on the death penalty... I can live with life in prison with rehibilitation, I just don't want to see them released.

Tamanon

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
How often do you do it? For what reasons? I've noticed a lot of people can call in for the smallest thing and show up the next day expecting people to understand. Are they just stupid like Olimario who wants kids to face death penalty?

What are some of the funniest or lamest reasons youve called in for, or do you at all?

I've got a good sick voice I've developed and is especially good when just when I wake up. I usually just call in for no reason 3 or 4 days a year. Maybe a new game came out, maybe I was out too late, maybe I just don't feel like doing anything haha. I always try to space them out so it's not too noticeable.:)

catfish said:
But the ten commandments oli. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. GOD WROTE THOSE.

pretty sure one of them has something about killing.
Translation error. In the original Hebrew it's "thou shalt not commit murder," not "thou shalt not kill."

And MAF, this is pretty abusive behavior, even for you.

I love when people act all righteous and caring for humanity and then turn out to be the first pricks to throw others to the wolves. Typical. :lol

Its ok for me to do it Olimario, because unlike you I actually TRY to be a good person, you on the other hand are a hateful bastard who has no right to express your opinion. Upset over my Zealotry? Now you know what its like to read every one of your waste of space posts.

olimario

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Its ok for me to do it Olimario, because unlike you I actually TRY to be a good person, you on the other hand are a hateful fuck who has no right to express your opinion? Upset over my Zealotry? Now you know what its like to read every one of your waste of space posts.

If you tried to be a good person this post wouldn't exist. Contrary to your narrow view on me, I'm not a racist and I'm fine if the death penalty is done away with as long as murderers don't see freedom again.

Tamanon: haha yeah the guy who called in yesterday was using a 'sick voice' the convey he ate something bad. The guy does NOTHING at work so im pretty sure he was lying.

Olimario: Oh and btw, youre views expressed in other threads support the theory that you dont like other races and want kids executed.

Jesus forgave HIS OWN KILLERS, and there wasn't anyone more innocent than him.

You can't always parrot Texan conservative values and expect them to align with the truly moral. Sometimes, you hafta take a principled stand.

Man is fallible. Often times, the guilty are innocent, and men can never be truly certain that what they do is righteous, or even right. If you have faith in God's will as you proclaim you do, you'll realize that forgiveness is much better policy for all of us than unyielding judgment.

olimario

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Tamanon: haha yeah the guy who called in yesterday was using a 'sick voice' the convey he ate something bad. The guy does NOTHING at work so im pretty sure he was lying.

Olimario: Oh and btw, youre views expressed in other threads support the theory that you dont like other races and want kids executed.

I wouldn't mind if kids who are psychology mature and who murder are executed, you're right. Is a 17 year old always less mature and less developed than an 18 year old?
That said, it's saying enough that I don't mind the abolition of the death penalty. I'm not going to fight for it and I'm not going to fight against it.

My posts here aren't an accurate judge of the person I am. If I was indeed a racist I would have no trouble admitting it. I don't seem to have any trouble admitting other beliefs I have.

DRINKY-
Are you suggesting our country simply forgive and release? It's one thing for my to forgive... that's something I can do, but I still want to see our justice system work in accordance with our laws.

Shadax

Banned
olimario said:
Murder should result in either life in prison or death by execution. Those people should not have any freedom returned to them because they took the life and freedom of an innocent person.

So you want to lock up all of our soldiers then? Oh wait, you're probably OK with that because they're in some far off land killing brown people that don't believe in Jesus.

MrAngryFace said:
YOU ARE A BAD PERSON.

O_O

Wow, I have been on the internet for a long time and I have seen far and wide but there is something in that statement that is so basic that would have to make the person who it is addressed to have to do some sort of self-evaluation. I don't think I've ever heard of someone online referred to as a bad person.

olimario

Banned
Shadax said:
So you want to lock up all of our soldiers then? Oh wait, you're probably OK with that because they're in some far off land killing brown people that don't believe in Jesus.

You know as well as I do that soldiers in war adhere to a different set of rules.
If a soldier killed an innocent in another country in cold blood of course I want to see him tried. If an officer ordered it to happen then I want to see him tried as well. If convicted I want them both locked up.

My love for the lives of innocent people doesn't stop at this country's border.

Im sure youll share this entire confrontation with your family over dinner, spitting as you feverishly spit out every word we've said and what you said in kind.

Your response will be a collection of nervous nods and smiles.

olimario said:
With murder, you are.

So let me get this straight. To weed out all the people who would "fake" change, you'd just have them all sentanced to death.?? And you call MAF ignorant?!! My god dude. You're too much. The difference between a child and an adult mentally is vast.

Shadax said:

ouch. This isn't your day Oli.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
it is really easy for you liberal quacks to sit here and say "but they can learn their lesson and be rehabilitated." Tell that to the families who's lives are shattered. Tell that to the graves of the people who are killed. I know someone kills me I don't want to give them 25 years to turn their life around. I want them to be shown the same disregard for life they showed me.

But alas you can't argue this. It's like arguing which is a better color, blue or red... it is an opinion. you pansies want to hold out hope that someone can change, I say they commited a crime and they'll do it again.

but when you look at our society, you'll see which of us has more ammunition. Which has come out of prison more, rehabilitated citizens or criminals who will likely commit crimes again.

the death penalty isn't and shouldn't be a deterrent. It is the ultimate sentence for those who deserve no less. You want prison sentences? Fine, someone shoplifting gets 30 days. a drug dealer gets his 6 years. But someone kills...? hang him in the courtyard, after letting the victim's family stone him.

olimario

Banned
Zelda-Bitch said:
So let me get this straight. To weed out all the people who would "fake" change, you'd just have them all sentanced to death.?? And you call MAF ignorant?!! My god dude. You're too much. The difference between a child and an adult mentally is vast.

ouch. This isn't your day Oli.

No. You misread what I've said. To weed out all of those who fake change I don't want murderers released. I'm fine with no death penalty.

borghe

Zelda-Bitch said:
The difference between a child and an adult mentally is vast.
So the difference between someone 17 years and 364 days old and someone 18 years and one day old is vast?

at 16 years old every civilized person knows the difference between right and wrong. They have the ability to not act on impulse. We are not talking about stealing because you think no one is getting hurt. You are not talking about vandalism because it is a fun night out. We are talking about violent crimes, crimes that most people on this planet are not even capable of. It says a lot about a person who can commit them. Has a 16 year old murder learned all of life's lessons by age 16? No. But do they know that killing is wrong and did they make the conscious decision to disregard that and commit a heinous act regardless? Yes. It is that ability to disregard life and take it into your own hands. I don't care how many life lesssons someone learns... if they are capable and willing to take the life of an innocent human being for no good reason they need to be put to death.

olimario

Banned
You people arent just anti-death penatly, you seem anti-life in prison.
I've said several times that I don't mind if they aren't put to death and I don't mind if they are rehibiliated, I just don't want to see them released.

Even those comments of mine are met with instant resistance and a hatred for my current view which I see to be middle ground.

borghe

MrAngryFace said:
did I say I was anti life in prison? I mind you seriously entertaining the idea of a death penalty for an 11 year old.
and why should we have to pay for someone's remaining days in prison, someone who is so dangerous they can't even release him into public ever again. what good does that serve?

I came in late once and told my boss I was late because I was combing my hair.

She laughed and thought nothing of my coming late.

If an adult killed someone important to me, no remorse what so ever. However, if a CHILD did this, yes, they should be locked up for quite a LONG time, evaluated etc. The difference is a child thinks like a child and therefore should not be treated as an adult. I'm not saying they shouldn't have to pay dearly for what they did. I'm saying the way someone thinks and functions at age 13 as compared to age 30 for example is a HUGE difference.

I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU GUYS WANTING TO KILL CHILDREN! Jesus, quit changing the focus

Maverick: I shall remember to use wit.

olimario said:
Even those comments of mine are met with instant resistance and a hatred for my current view which I see to be middle ground.
I hate to break it to you, but I think you'll be met with instant resistance for a good part of your life. Now go on spying your neighbors and don't try to have an intelligent conversation anymore.

olimario

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
did I say I was anti life in prison? I mind you seriously entertaining the idea of a death penalty for an 11 year old.

And I don't. I know I said it, but it was more of making an argument, albeit weak, for us to evaluate on a case by case basis the mental development of minors who murder.

It was a poor, misleading, and weak example of what I was trying to convey. I would not be in support of an 11 year old being put to death. I think evalution on a case by case basis should start at 14.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jeez, let's tone down the flames. A debate is fine, but this is all being made personal.

But anyway... I don't think I necessarily disagree with Oli or borghe. I don't think it's just a black and white issue that is always the same and has an easy answer... it can be situational.

Does anyone remember the story that was posted here a few months back of a four 16-17 year olds who decided to lure a classmate to an alley with the promise of sex, then beat him to death with rocks while he pleaded for his life? All for NO reason? (I think they just said they didn't like him or something).

I have a hard time having pity or understanding towards anyone who knowingly takes lives.

Edit: Now we're talking about 11 year olds... that's a bit different. =P

Soybean

I'm not sure if we're still talking about this, but I get sick days and vacation days. Vacation days technically should be planned in advance so people know when you're out. Sick days just get used on the day you can't come in. It's nice to call in so people know you're out and the secretary can leave a note on your cube to let people know.

I, however, am a pretty bad employee and have used sick days without notifying anyone. I just don't show up. Nobody really cares unless you're some uber-important, which I am certainly not! So long as you get your work done on time or ahead of time, they love you!

borghe

oh, back on calling into work, in my instance it works like this. I put a crap load of time into work.. not just straight through hours, but whims I might get at 10, 11, 12 at night. last night for example I stayed til 6:30pm to move 3/4 of our north american sites over to our new internet line, and after I got home from going out that night, decided I would take a stab at the final quarter of them during off hours.

so I justify it by the fact that I put in tons of time and take very little direct comp time for it. so if I call in a day here or there that's the way it goes... though i usually try to keep it around 6'ish days a year (I get 3 weeks vacation).

Zaptruder

Banned
Ultimately, compassion needs to be shown, not because they (the murderers, even the truly guilty ones; lets not mention the ones that are innocent but are found guilty regardless) deserve it, but because it's what we need to do to stop degrading ourselves into a spiral of bloodlust.

Soy: If I showed up to work without calling id probably get fired without a good reason.

Zap:

Exactly our increased desire for compassion is one of the very few things that seperates from our ancestors who participated in some of the most brutal acts in history in the name of 'what was right'.

It MUST be exercised or else we WILL regress.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
It's a common core value of both many liberals and many conservatives to think that anyone, even murderers, can be rehabilitated. It's because by and large we were taught this by the Bible. I may be an atheist, but I know exactly which book taught us this and who the man was. It was Jesus, and if you have a problem with thinking that even the worst of humanity can be turned around then you have a problem with him.

olimario

Banned
My view
It's such a grey area and there should not be a clear cut age line. Evaluation on a case by case basis is needed. That works the other way, too. If an 18 year old isn't as developed mentally as much as the average 11 year then he shouldn't be put to death.

This reaches into trying the mentally retarded for murder. If they aren't developed mentally then they shouldn't be put to death, simply locked away because they are a threat.

Zaptruder

Banned
borghe said:
and why should we have to pay for someone's remaining days in prison, someone who is so dangerous they can't even release him into public ever again. what good does that serve?

Because its cheaper to do that than pay for the court time of a typical death penalty case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom