• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter - The DAOC Successor from Mark Jacobs [Complete, $2.2M]

I agree. Just another mistake in a long list of em for this KS.

The 1st stretch goal is an additional race for each realm that the backers select, presumably from a few choices. The 2nd stretch goal is for an archer class for each realm. That's all I know. No idea what he amounts are to reach it any others that they have planned.

Get on it Mark and show us those stretch goals man!

Wasnt the Depths a stretch goal too? And what are the numbers for these things? haha.

I think initially it was but it was so well-received they just decided to include it in the full game. I think lol.

They would be really stupid not to have it.

But, maybe it will be like DF, and just come a few months later or something, gotta save something for an early awesome patch to keep people excited for the first year.

BrettWeir

Poppin' champagne on the Twitch stream. I absolutely am loving this moment.

Time to break out my old DAoC videos folder and get some extreme nostalgia back into my brain.

Up next.........GET UP THOSE BACKERS FORUMS!!!!!!!

Can't beat seeing MJ crying, and everyone in the studio excited as hell.

Burt

WUTTT we made it WUTTT

Wow.

Great job pulling it out at the end there.

Also, apologies for not keeping the OP updated the last week or so, been crazy busy.

Yeah, I really appreciate anyone who contributes but isnt really familiar with DAoC, or wasnt there for the 'golden years'!! These are the people that will help us old fools relive our dreams, haha.

Edit: The Depths being a stretch goal isnt really a big deal, I can pretty much guarantee that their artists wont be able to stop themselves from starting making it once they have some of the more important stuff out of the way. I would be VERRRY surprised if we didnt get the Depths in the game withing 6 months of release.

Burt

Yeah, I really appreciate anyone who contributes but isnt really familiar with DAoC, or wasnt there for the 'golden years'!! These are the people that will help us old fools relive our dreams, haha.

Edit: The Depths being a stretch goal isnt really a big deal, I can pretty much guarantee that their artists wont be able to stop themselves from starting making it once they have some of the more important stuff out of the way. I would be VERRRY surprised if we didnt get the Depths in the game withing 6 months of release.
Yeah, my first reaction was something along the lines of being upset that they would reveal it during the campaign, then put it as such a high stretch goal with less than a day left, but the fact of the matter is that they're a small team. It's going in eventually regardless, and if they don't have the resources to fully implement it at launch alongside a completed, fairly polished game, that's fine. It's just a reality we have to deal with. Should make for an awesome content patch a few months out.

Let the 2-year hype train commence!

God dammit, I did this for WAR last time, too.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For some reason this has escaped my radar until now.

I was a huge DAoC player back in the day (we're talking open-beta up to Shrouded Isles) on the French servers. Alas, I chose one of the worst classes for PvP (and maybe PvE), namely the Void-spec Eldritch. Was my first 3D MMORPG and my first (and only) subscription-based MMO.

I'm sending you guys good vibes. Can't wait to see the first screenshots/footage!

I put in 110 earlier to get them over the hump to funded, my first kickstarter backing. DAoC is one of my favorite games of all time and with alot of people from my old server / guild coming back for this it was a no brainer.

Looking forward to seeing how many of there stretch goals they hit before tommorow.

blackflag

Had so much fun with DAOC. Best mmo ever. Can't wait for this.

Palomides server was best server.

Is there an alternate way to fund? I refuse to use kick starter even for this.

Had so much fun with DAOC. Best mmo ever. Can't wait for this.

Palomides server was best server.

Is there an alternate way to fund? I refuse to use kick starter even for this.

I believe now that the KS has funded you can pledge via Paypal. They will be accepting Paypal funds for 30 more days.

BrettWeir

I believe now that the KS has funded you can pledge via Paypal. They will be accepting Paypal funds for 30 more days.

Yeah. I don't think Europe, etc could pledge through Kickstarter, could they? Really hoping we do hit the 2.5 Mark.

Almost to 2.1 already :) Bring on the Archers!

I'm going to miss the daily updates from Mark and co. :(

Instro

Wow this shot up really quick considering there are still 15 hours left, it was like 300k away when I checked yesterday. It's not something I'm going to pledge to, but pretty cool that it got funded.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I remember how run it was to farm them as a launch 5-spec shadowblade.

Yeah, because left-axe was ridiculously OP on an SB. You guys got one nerf after another, lol. Meanwhile my nightshade was so bad it never got a targeted nerf.

I learned a lot from daoc. Number one thing I learned is never pick the largest model for a non-tank class, particularly not a kill-it-first class like the bard. Picked hibernia and firbolg bard, what a horribly bad move. Near largest avatar in any pack, with swirly music notes to make sure everybody targeted the bard.

Cipherr

BAM we're funded!!!!!!!!!!

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111 IT MADE IT!

/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE/DANCE

Yeah, because left-axe was ridiculously OP on an SB. You guys got one nerf after another, lol. Meanwhile my nightshade was so bad it never got a targeted nerf.

We needed a nerf though. I remember getting PA'd by a nightshade at the AMG once on my shadowzerker, and then just doublefrosting him into the dirt after the creeping death stun wore off. I mean, the guy lands his opener and still loses the fight against another assassin....

Waaaaaaay overpowered. But it was fun while it lasted.

Edit: I promised I wouldn't go beyond my $50 pledge.... But if I do what tier should i take? The $55 looks worse than the $50 tier I have now. I wouldnt want to lose any of the goodies this $50 tier has.

As someone who has fond memories of DAOC, I'm here to say congrats to all backers on making it. :)

I'm not big into PvP/RvR, but we did have a blast when we played this, so I might check it out when it's out.

syko de4d

they should continue their Kickstarter on their website in Star Citizen Style, would give ALOT more money if they always show some cool new Gameplay etc.

Burt

they should continue their Kickstarter on their website in Star Citizen Style, would give ALOT more money if they always show some cool new Gameplay etc.

How long has Star Citizen had their post-KS crowdfunding going for? CU's gonna be in development for a long time, so they certainly have the opportunity to keep the push for the stretch goals going for quite a bit longer.

Archer it is. I'm a little worried because I mained a Shadow Warrior in WAR that didnt get any sort of help in the 18 or so months that I played and Mark's been sorta down on archers in general, but I just can't seem to resist bows. Pretty sure he said at some point that archery would use real-time targeting. If CSE gives us something that feels as good as say, Mount and Blade's archery in an MMO... holy shit. I might not need another game ever.

"How long has Star Citizen had their post-KS crowdfunding going for? CU's gonna be in development for a long time, so they certainly have the opportunity to keep the push for the stretch goals going for quite a bit longer."

I don't believe their website ever actually stopped accepting crowdfunding. So, since the KS/original crowdfund drive "ended."

syko de4d

How long has Star Citizen had their post-KS crowdfunding going for? CU's gonna be in development for a long time, so they certainly have the opportunity to keep the push for the stretch goals going for quite a bit longer.

is still there and no idea when it´s stops. From the 9.1million only $2,134,374 made through Kickstarter.

They could do it for CU 1-1.5Years long, with good Updates it would maybe hit 8million and more at the end.

-NeoTB1-

I'm so happy this got funded. Now to sit back and enjoy the updates as they trickle in over the coming months and years.

Burt

I don't believe their website ever actually stopped accepting crowdfunding. So, since the KS/original crowdfund drive "ended."

is still there and no idea when it´s stops. From the 9.1million only $2,134,374 made through Kickstarter.

They could do it for CU 1-1.5Years long, with good Updates it would maybe hit 8million and more at the end.

Well then, a couple million more certainly isn't out of the question. I always thought that their lack of "hard evidence" was the biggest problem with their Kickstarter, because people just aren't that accepting of gaming Kickstarters that are actually just starting off. Wasteland 2, Torment, Shroud of the Avatar, Star Citizen, et al., all managed to get some gameplay footage into their campaign. CU never really went beyond concept art, character models, and Whackhammer or whatever it was, and I can't help but think that scared some people off. If they keep on funding while throughout development, it should win a lot of those people over once they start showing the game in motion.

Orca

I played a ton of DAoC, but I won't touch Kickstarter anymore after the whole 'little girl versus the world' thing. Glad to see they got their funding though :)

Burt

http://camelotunchained.com/en/engineeringtest/
You can download an "engineering test" at the link to get into a little server that puts you on the map that they've done their tech demos on and dick around for a while, killing people from other realms. No Arthurians because the art isn't done yet, so they're using St'rm instead. It's pretty stupid, but totally awesome that they would do this. Screengrab:

0VEwsOS.jpg

Well then, a couple million more certainly isn't out of the question. I always thought that their lack of "hard evidence" was the biggest problem with their Kickstarter, because people just aren't that accepting of gaming Kickstarters that are actually just starting off. Wasteland 2, Torment, Shroud of the Avatar, Star Citizen, et al., all managed to get some gameplay footage into their campaign. CU never really went beyond concept art, character models, and Whackhammer or whatever it was, and I can't help but think that scared some people off. If they keep on funding while throughout development, it should win a lot of those people over once they start showing the game in motion.

Actually, the first footage of Wasteland 2 was released nearly an year after their kickstarter campaign ended.

Effect

Glad it got funded. Now I'm having second thoughts again. :(

Edit:

Pulled my pledge again and for good this time I think. I just don't feel strongly about the game and don't feel comfortable paying for something unseen no matter how I try to convince myself it's a good deal. I'm glad it was funded in the end and if the end product is what they promised I likely will be there depending on the game's price but not before.

Minsc

Gold Member

I was reading a little on it the other day, and it says the budget they're expecting for Star Citizen is 20-25 million, so even at now 9.2 million, they still have a long way to go. I guess the plan is to have a third party pick up the remainder of the tab, with the less they need to pick up the better. I think the website is getting a relaunch in a month or two, then we'll have a more concrete idea about when pledging will end for it.

Top Bottom