• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I do something about my Gamestop situation?

weepy

I recently purchased a Madcatz Street Fighter 4 fightstick (not tournament edition) several hours ago and just now found out that it doesn't work properly. So I call the store that I got it from and they told me that I can only exchange it for another one. OK, no problem right? No, there is none available in my neighboring Gamestops and they haven't a clue as to when they'll be receiving the exact fightstick that I've purchased. If there's none in stock, how can I get mine's exchanged? I don't have the tools and no-how to fix the thing myself and I'm sure getting it fixed would cost me more than what I've paid for the controller. Is there any way I could get something that works at lesser value or store credit or something?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
More Gamestop complaints with more Gamestop replies to Gamestop hate threads incoming. :lol

eznark

Banned
hold on, let me check the stock and see if we can help you out.

If not what you're probably going to want to do is um, call GameStop.

Sapiens

If you bought it new, and still have the receipt, and it doesn't work, I'm pretty sure you can push them for your cash back.

And once you get that money, buy a HRAP.

Um if you bought it new and it's defective and within 7 days you should have NO problem for a full refund. More than likely you got the awesome opportunity to speak with someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Just go in tomorrow and return it.

MrDaravon

That's actually a tough one; I even just double-checked their return policy, and if it was used I believe you could return it and get your money back, but as new it does seem to indicate that you can only exchange it if it's defective. In this case I guess if they won't give you your money back I would ask for the regional manager's phone # and bitch; not sure how they realistically would expect you to exchange it if they don't have another one.

Edit: Nevermind, mis-read; open new items with the exception of accessories they won't do refunds, only exchanges. If you need to print out their policy which is on their website:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Store Return Policy.pdf

ntb825

Gamestop's policy is to allow returns on all new accessories within 7 days, even if they are open. It says it on your receipt and in the back of their daily planner.

Take it back in and get your money back. If they don't want to help you, get their DM's phone number.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You should be able to exchange it for cash back within 7 days. It's an accessory, not a disc.

Call around to different GameStops until you find a manager that actually knows what the policy is. When all else fails, raise a stink and threaten to contact the DM. Managers absolutely have the leeway to do this, even if they do believe the official policy is to do an exchange.

Lol they won't give you the regional managers number, the District Manager's number yes but RM would take some time.

And yes as the link states it further proves there reigns a dumb ass at your store.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Gamestop situation?

Did you know that if you mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate you can make napalm?

One could make all kinds of explosives, using simple household items.

If one were so inclined.

Let me in

The answer is a fucking refund. Office Max tried this shit with me when they sold me a garbage phone that died in 3 days. I got my money back.

People can't afford to have their cash held hostage.

weepy

SailorDaravon said:
That's actually a tough one; I even just double-checked their return policy, and if it was used I believe you could return it and get your money back, but as new it does seem to indicate that you can only exchange it if it's defective. In this case I guess if they won't give you your money back I would ask for the regional manager's phone # and bitch; not sure how they realistically would expect you to exchange it if they don't have another one.

Edit: Nevermind, mis-read; open new items with the exception of accessories they won't do refunds, only exchanges. If you need to print out their policy which is on their website:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Store Return Policy.pdf

...fuck.

sk3tch

BocoDragon said:
Gamestop situation?

Did you know that if you mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate you can make napalm?

One could make all kinds of explosives, using simple household items.

If one were so inclined.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

weepy

ZealousD said:
You should be able to exchange it for cash back within 7 days. It's an accessory, not a disc.

Call around to different GameStops until you find a manager that actually knows what the policy is. When all else fails, raise a stink and threaten to contact the DM. Managers absolutely have the leeway to do this, even if they do believe the official policy is to do an exchange.

I think I'll do this. And if all else fails

it's under warranty
send it to madcatz

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
sk3tch said:
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I believe his newsletter is called "Fight Club: Quotes from the Movie".

Why do you just roll over and take it?

If it is faulty, you get a cash refund. You do not leave until you get a cash refund.

If they still refuse to give you a CASH refund, threaten to call the cops. They are stealing from you.

Do NOT accept a gift card.

weepy

dralla said:
what's wrong with it exactly?

None of the buttons register correctly.

Why do you just roll over and take it?

If it is faulty, you get a cash refund. You do not leave until you get a cash refund.

If they still refuse to give you a CASH refund, threaten to call the cops. They are stealing from you.

Do NOT accept a gift card.

By the time I checked the controller out, the stores were just closing.

Foxix Von

ZealousD said:

Came in here to post this. All accessories have a 7 day satisfaction guarantee. Return it. And if they say that they can't they are lying. Ask to talk to a DM

ntb825

Dude, seriously, it says in their daily planner that sits on their back counter that you are entitled to a refund. It's either in the front cover
or on the inside of the back cover.

Teknoman

Mad Catz will repair for free. They fixed my SFIV standard fight stick a few months ago when the start and A button stopped working.

Without coming off like a jackass, talk to the GS people. Tell them you want to exchange it. If they can't do it right then and there, more than likely they will AT LEAST give you a store credit maybe even a full refund.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If they don't have another, then they have to give you a refund.
I thought it was like this everywhere if they can't offer a replacement.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You could probably exchange it for store credit and use that to purchase it online.
I guess you'd get screwed for the shipping costs but at least you won't be stuck with a DOA controller or have to fix it yourself.

I bought a TE stick a while back and returned it just fine after using it. I'm pretty sure on the receipt itself the policy states that it can be returned within 7 days.

I think Gamestops try to look for it at other stores first. They even have it delivered to your store so you don't have to drive over there and get it.

If not, than they give you store credit.

I think that's what they told me when I asked about defective new consoles.

And you have to do it within a month.

If you go to madcats site they say to not return it to the retsiler snd go through them, I just shipped mine to them and I'm very satisfied with the customer service.

MCX said:
Return it, get a refund, and buy it from Wal-Mart.

If WalMart carries the same product return it there. You don't even need a receipt. I returned a busted Sixaxis controller to WalMart the other day with NO receipt and got a $55 refund.

-PXG-

New or used accessories return policy:

7 days - any reason full refund

30 days - only if defective exhange for same item

There might be a different policy regarding sticks however

Edit

It doedn't matter if you opened it. They should give you your money back (not credit, unless that is how you paid for it ) as long as its within 7 days and you have a reciept.

Top Bottom