• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I get a whoa Bundy: Married with Children premiered 30 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothar

Banned
Steve or Jefferson?

I'm going through all the episodes right now and so far the Jefferson episodes in Season 6 are nowhere near as good as the previous seasons. I don't know if that's Jefferson's fault or not. I think it may have made Marcy become worse. When she starts telling a story, I just want to hit fast forward.

I think the funniest episode for me was when the Bundys went to the theater for Kelly's birthday

- Al beating the shit out of a patron who dared tell him to shut up
- Al beating the shit out of pre-Buffy David Boreanaz
- Bundys gobbling up all the food at the concession stand
- Al walking into the wrong theater to watch a better movie full of hooters, violence, and no plot
- Bud getting tossed around the theater like a rag doll

And of course all the Bundy fights/beating up Kelly's boyfriends was the stuff of legend. I just about died when Al beat up Bud by accident because he had never brought a girl home and was making out on the couch.

wedca

E60dsOm.jpg

Al Bundy and a giant foot.

Jarrod38

Who's that riding in the sun?
Who's the man with the itchy gun?
Who's the man who kills for fun?
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad.

He sleeps with a gun
but he loves his son
Killed his wife 'cos she weighed a ton.

A little touched or so we're told
Killed his wife 'cos she had a cold
Might as well she was gettin' old

He's quick with a gun
And his job ain't done.
Killed his wife by twenty-one,
Psycho Dad!

Who's that riding in the sleigh?
Who's that firing along the way?
Who's roughing up bums on Christmas day?
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad

Who's the tall, dark stranger there.
The one with the gun and the icy stare.
The one with the scalp of his ex-wife's hair!
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad!

Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's lost count of the wives he's slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad

He's a durn good pa, but he hates the law.
He's likes to eat it raw, He's Psycho Dad!

Indelible

Love this show so much, it captures the 90's perfectly for me. One of the few older shows that I re watch every year.

stuminus3

I was doing a rewatch on Shomi recently (until Shomi got shut down) and those early seasons are still laugh out loud funny especially now I am actually married with children.

David Faustino played a fictional version of himself in an episode of Bones recently. It was bizarre.

Lothar

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVOQ0EKHBMY

My favorite parts were always when the Bundys kicked peoples asses.

They couldn't stand eachother a lot of the time but if you fucked with them it was your ass lol.

The awesome thing is they really could stand each other. I believe they just enjoyed insulting each other. They never got mad or yelled. It wasn't mean spirited. It was playful fighting, which makes it a fun to watch show. Neither Peggy nor Al wanted Kelly to leave when she turned 18. Al or Peggy would never cheat on each other despite having a million chances. They all loved each other.

3rdman

I have all the episodes on DVD but lately I've been watching them on TBS in the early morning as I get ready for work...Still cracks me up.

nasax

I'm team Steve here. He used to give Al shit and both of them gave each other shit. He was the anti-Al but became more Al-like as the show progressed. Jefferson was more of Al's right hand man as the show progressed which was a boring dynamic to me. Anyway I always bail out during the Seven years when I watch MWC reruns but overall, it's a top five show for me.

krae_man

The episodes where Al and all his buddies are trying to install a satellite dish so they can watch football and they keep getting electrocuted and falling off the roof and at the very end the girls are trash talking them for being incompetent then it cuts to the roof and the guys are up there drinking and watching football on a tv they hauled up there and having a blast.

Thanks Peggy for inviting us over to watch our husbands fall off the roof

Okay now we've all fallen at least twice.

I haven't

*Knocks Griff off the roof*

Alright alright, now that we have that out of our system...I've got bracket S and washer T. Hey, Dan, hand me screw U.

Least it didn't take a dive the way Roseanne did. MWC was enjoyable even in the last few seasons. Last 3-4 seasons of Roseanne were just crap.

That last season of Roseanne and especially the finale kills a lot of the fun of watching the older eps for me. I remember feeling insulted at the time and I was just a kid lol.

Katey was on LA radio this morning and set the record straight: Married...With Children premiered in 1986 as a midseason replacement for the then brand new FOX Network. So today's really the anniversary of the first episode of the show that actually aligned with a new season of shows I guess?

Cimarron

"I don't understand why men try to understand women....women understand women and they hate each other"

- Al Bundy

Fucking awesome show

Wait a minute. That's the actual quote? I thought he said "Don't try to understand women. Women don't understand women!"

Meh. I like my version better.

Why yes yes you can

S7XGr.gif

This along with the Simpsons was forbidden by my mother so my dad, my sisters and I had to be very sneaky about watching it together.

snitsky

My favorite show ever. I watch it front to back at least once a year. I still remember laughing so hard I couldn't breathe when AL couldn't kill the rabbit in his garden.

inner-G

Banned
Great show. I just picked up the complete series on DVD like a month ago for cheap

I remember back in the day, it was The Simpsons, MWC and In Living Color on FOX Sunday nights. What a lineup!

Anung

Un Rama
Psycho Dad theme is the shit.

This and The Simpsons probably influenced my personality way too much when growing up.

Also Peggy and Kelly <3

Lulubop

The episodes where Al and all his buddies are trying to install a satellite dish so they can watch football and they keep getting electrocuted and falling off the roof and at the very end the girls are trash talking them for being incompetent then it cuts to the roof and the guys are up there drinking and watching football on a tv they hauled up there and having a blast.

This is my favorite as well. The spring break two parter, and no man going to DC were goat tier too.

Kevinroc

Bet you thought Al was going to let the old guy win. Well, then you haven't been paying attention for the last seven years. But, what we really wanted to do, was to give a lesson for all you folks out there.

Al: It's only cheating if you get caught.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo Woo wooo wooo woo

Glix

I guess this show is my generations All in the Family.

I don't think most of this shit would fly today. I always loved the bit about hiding money in the pots and pans.

RMI

Banned
the early seasons of this show hold up really well. watched them recently and they were even funnier than when i was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom