• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we all agree that Joker's "Justice League" look is his best design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
Gotta go with the original BTAS Joker. Proper colors and a less angular, more natural face that could be really expressive.

It could look scary or funny depending on the situation, which is how I like the Joker.

Harley? Deadshot? Captain Boomerang?

Joker isn't the only thing selling the movie to people.

I will admit that Deadshot is kind of cool, but the others are just "meh" to me.
Not trying to hate, just my opinion. I hope that the movie is enjoyable for the people looking forward to it.

ulH1mmo.jpg

Absolute perfection.

TheOGB

Banned
I really do love that look for Joker, yeah. TAS Joker was great too, but Animaniacs Joker from TNA never sat right with me.

I like it, but I think TAS Joker is the best. (just like most of characters in that series)
I love it so much and even made a design in Forza Motorsport 3! :D

mzkf7M.jpg

uwwCSB.jpg

Lucreto

I grew up with The Animated Series Joker and I love that design. I also love the Arkham game series Joker design but it's Mark Hamill who really makes the Joker.

I'll take anything over that Suicide Squad look. I don't see how so many people are excited for that movie. :\

Setting aside that there are, in fact, other parts to the movie...

It's sort of a cartel-inspired update of the old Clown Prince of Crime Joker, rather than the psychotic supervillain version. In that context, I can dig it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Don't get why the comics didn't end up using Heath Ledger's Joker. The design is iconic as fuck and his version of the character was really unique compared to past Jokers.

Well, it was used in 2009's Joker

ntAGPG9.jpg

and never again.

Setting aside that there are, in fact, other parts to the movie...

It's sort of a cartel-inspired update of the old Clown Prince of Crime Joker, rather than the psychotic supervillain version. In that context, I can dig it.
I think these shots make his version look terrifying and creepy
660rOlR.jpg
5WGpfGP.jpg

Don't get why the comics didn't end up using Heath Ledger's Joker. The design is iconic as fuck and his version of the character was really unique compared to past Jokers.

Well, it was used in 2009's Joker

ntAGPG9.jpg

and never again.

Believe it or not, that Joker was actually designed long before the first images of Ledger in makeup went public. The similarities are a complete coincidence.

Under the Red Hood Joker, however, actually is based off Ledger's Joker.

Einchy

I was the biggest hater of Leto's Joker's design but he has really grown on me. They really did it a disservice by having this fucking thing but the first official picture.
CjPxG6bm.jpg

Don't mind the tattoos much anymore since he's usually wearing clothes from what we've seen in the trailers but I still think the 'damaged' tattoo is awful.

Believe it or not, that Joker was actually designed long before the first images of Ledger in makeup went public. The similarities are a complete coincidence.

Under the Red Hood Joker, however, actually is based off Ledger's Joker.

I've heard that but I dunno if I buy it, the design is identical and so is the personality, it'd be the biggest coincidence ever but I guess stranger things have happened.

I guess we can agree he has had multiple different portrayals. The late pre-52 one is still somewhat egotistical in a weird way but at least has that grunge and unpredictablity.

http://i.imgur.com/OADI86y.jpg

True. Maybe it's more fair to say that pre-Dark Knight was usually portrayed as sophisticated and egotistical. He definitely became more "grungey" afterwards.

What's that from?

Its from Morrison's run on Batman and Robin. Vol. 3.

Maximus.

Honestly without the grill and tattoos-this would be 100% perfect.

I dont mind the grill, just shows that his face has been smashed in. I do not like the DAMAGED tattoo at all though. I don't mind his other tattoos, that one however, just seems out of place.

Einchy

True. Maybe it's more fair to say that pre-Dark Knight was usually portrayed as sophisticated and egotistical. He definitely became more "grungey" afterwards.

Its from Morrison's run on Batman and Robin. Vol. 3.

Batman and Robin, Dickbats version.

Dick was coming up short as Bruce's stand-in, forcing the Joker to help them out in his own way.

Thanks.

I have a bunch of Batman comics and his my favorite superhero but I've never actually read Morrison's Batman.

Think that panel convinced me to seek out his run, though.

Thanks.

I have a bunch of Batman comics and his my favorite superhero but I've never actually read Morrison's Batman.

I read it all recently. It's pretty damn crazy, in both good and bad ways. Absolutely loved Batman and Robin because Dick Grayson is pretty much my favorite DC character, but Batman Inc. was just an overly weird mess for me.

OSHAN

Thanks.

It was a frustrating read at times when waiting for the next issue, but once it was all said and done and compiled, it became one of my favorite Batman runs of all time. Definitely give it a shot. The Dick/Damien stuff is fantastic.

The animated TAS / JLA ones are too... clean and cartoony.

The Batman:Red Hood version has a bit more depravity and grunge.
cYaUIPJ.jpg
Now I want an Ian McShane Joker.
I think these shots make his version look terrifying and creepy
660rOlR.jpg
5WGpfGP.jpg
I don't know if it's because of the pixelated images or what but he doesn't look that bad there. I don't mind the teeth anymore. The "damaged" tattoo is still the definition of try-hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom