• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you imagine the next Super Mario graphics? Or How the game will be?

HighPoly

Banned
I always get wrong about how NINTENDO will create the next adventure! This is a good surprise everytime!
I can't even imagine how beautiful the graphics will be!
Share your perspectives about the next adventure!
Will Switch 2 reach the Steam DECK specs?? What's possible with that power??

L*][*N*K

Banned
I really think that what they accomplished with Zelda in terms of allowing players to creatively navigate the space with fascinating tools could translate very well into a Mario game, I know the second you say "Open World" the mobs will come at you with torches but I personally think an Open World Mario game where you have the freedom to do whatever you want is going to be really cool.

Scotty W

Gold Member
I have made a thread about this before.

My prediction is a Lego Mario. N has a partnership with Lego atm, and have done some interesting work with Mario and Minecraft. Totk probably incorporates many of the features we will see.

Lokaum D+

Hopefully not Odyssey, good game, but is a treasure hunting Mario, there is barely a challange, plataforming ? What is this ?

Give me Galaxy 3 or somethig more challenging, no more stomp here to get a moon.

We need at least 1080p native, Nintendo games have a incredible art style and direction that suffers cause the low res, go play BotW on 4k in a emulador, its other game.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
If it's the OG Switch then it will be exactly like SMO 1. Low detail and will run fine. Really need a Switch 2. Zelda TOTK is really foggy. Great game but almost as foggy as N64 games.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
To me, if the Switch 2 can simply just output 4K resolution, that will be good enough

We should count ourselves lucky if Nintendo can deliver native 1080p in docking mode on a future Switch

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I really think that what they accomplished with Zelda in terms of allowing players to creatively navigate the space with fascinating tools could translate very well into a Mario game, I know the second you say "Open World" the mobs will come at you with torches but I personally think an Open World Mario game where you have the freedom to do whatever you want is going to be really cool.

Basically if you combine Odyssey and Bowser's Fury, you get a direction that is already pretty close to this.

I want native 1080p. I'd be more than happy with Super Mario Odyssey quality but 1080p60 docked. Which is at most what I'm expecting.. If we even get that.

I don't care about 4k (and there is 0% chance we're getting that anyway) as long as the game isn't a shimmering, blurry mess on a big TV.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Even if it is on a switch 2, it’ll likely look like bowser’s fury or odyssey, just at a higher resolution with sharper details

I mean, it’s mario, the series has a distinct artstyle so its not like theyre going to go for photorealism

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Slightly better then the current Switch graphic but 1080p in Handheld mode.
1440p docked.
That's if Nintendo goes that route again.

Kikorin

I'm still surprised today about how incredibly good Mario Kart 8 looks, and they made it on Wii U in 2014, so I'm sure will looks incredible.

Mario Odyssey looks amazing too IMHO, but the "realistic" art style is not my favourite.

Kataploom

Gold Member
IDK but even if it's on switch I can see a noticable graphics improvement coming, the more I play TOTK the more I see improvements on lighting, materials, textures, etc. Game is beautiful, way more than BOTW... So I can see them doing the same there.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Depends on the amount of competition, at this rate with no dedicated console player releasing a hybrid, the next mario will look identical to this one because we will still be playing on Switch.......

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I hope in the next game Mario has to defeat WART. Maybe Bowser can help and Wart could invade from dream land.

LordOfChaos

Bro Tears of the Kingdom looks just like the 6 year old game which looked like a 6 year old game already at launch

It would not surprise me that it launches on the current 8 year old underclocked Tegra X1 and looks similar to Odyssey

Astral Dog

The next 3D Mario adventure should look great for sure

I hope they have a more consistent artstyle though, Odyssey was good but not a game i want a 'direct' sequel of, gameplay or setting keep trying new things

Astral Dog

Bro Tears of the Kingdom looks just like the 6 year old game which looked like a 6 year old game already at launch

It would not surprise me that it launches on the current 8 year old underclocked Tegra X1 and looks similar to Odyssey
Implication is that it would be made for Switch 2

It can be cross gen of course, any game might be for the next few years

But if it was made for Switch 2, we can imagine a huge improvment over Odyssey, fans just watched the movie they are dreaming what the proper 'next gen' Mario will look like

it doesn't need PS5 specs to look great

Last edited:
What games are you playing at 4K anyway on consoles? Most images are reconstructed.

May not be describing what I want right - but as others have mentioned, Switch games do not look good on 77" OLED. The blurriness/low resolution is actually noticeable and I tried it with Zelda TotK. Whatever it takes it fix that, I hope they fix it.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Nothing is set in stone when it comes to power. I'm curious too, but not because of what is expected. If there is no considerable innovation, Nintendo won't even get out of bed in the morning.

Beechos

There's a scene in the new mario movie that pays homage to the old 2d marios. If Nintendo devs had ps5/xbox power im sure a 2d mario can be made to look like that.

I always get wrong about how NINTENDO will create the next adventure! This is a good surprise everytime!
I can't even imagine how beautiful the graphics will be!
Share your perspectives about the next adventure!
Will Switch 2 reach the Steam DECK specs?? What's possible with that power??
I can imagine, they'll still be, at the very least, one generation behind the current games we have now on consoles.

I bet the game will be great, but visually, it's not going to be pushing any boundaries in the industry.

I’m assuming the game will look very similar visually even on the next generation hardware which I expect to be slightly to noticeably stronger/faster than the Switch.

Be glad if you get anything close to 2020 phone specs by the time Switch 2 launches. You all be the first in line to pre-order it, don't even lie about it. Because I know I will.

Kokoloko85

Id love to see a side by side comparing Sunshine/Galaxy and Odessey all at same resolution

Last edited:
Top Bottom