• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you imagine the next Super Mario graphics? Or How the game will be?

Banned
Ratchet is fun but imo it doesn't hold a candle to Spyro, and definitely not 3d mario, after a gazillion of them I wish insomniac would just make a new platformer game IP with less guns..

mhh... Mario > Ratchet > Spyro > Jak > Diarrhea > Crash

Banned
Banjo > Mario > Spyro > Crash > Conker > Dk64 > Sly > Ratchet > Psyconauts > Jak

American Housewife Slap GIF by ABC Network

Crash is such an offensively mediocre platformer. it basically is the most basic ass 2D platformer where they moved the camera behind you to make you think you're playing a 3D platfomer, when in reality even isometric 16bit platfomers like Sonic 3D or Marble Madness have more 3D movement and leveldesign.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

American Housewife Slap GIF by ABC Network

Crash is such an offensively mediocre platformer. it basically is the most basic ass 2D platformer where they moved the camera behind you to make you think you're playing a 3D platfomer, when in reality even isometric 16bit platfomers like Sonic 3D or Marble Madness have more 3D movement and leveldesign.
The original trilogy are really charming with fun tight platforming with a ton of secrets, challenge and alot of variety. Crash Warped in particular is incredible but all 3 of them are very good. The bosses can be bit uninspired in the first 2 games tho.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What would be possible with Steam Deck power? Well, PS4 games at 720p 30fps, pretty much. Better than what the Switch can do, but eh. Nintendo will make it sing though. Anyone else, not so much.

As for the next Mario, it will probably be something like an expanded take on Bowser's Fury (which would be awesome), and it will look pretty much like it too, just with a bit more detail and at a higher resolution. You're not gonna suddenly get Rift Apart visuals.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Try playing it... it is already more fun than odyssey....
Lol nope. Rift apart is a good game, with astounding visuals. But as a 3d platformer, not only does any of the 3d mario games (sans sunshine) shit all over it, but the astro bot games, and the ratchet games from ps2-ps3 do as well.

Last edited:

Banned
The original trilogy are really charming with fun tight platforming with a ton of secrets, challenge and alot of variety. Crash Warped in particular is incredible but all 3 of them are very good. The bosses can be bit uninspired in the first 2 games tho.

I still, at most, count it as a 2.5D platformer

CS Lurker

I expect an open world like bowser's fury and a crossover with donkey Kong.

With the - at least - 7 times more cpu performance and 6 times more gpu performance plus DLSS, my expectations are very high, unless they are planning to have a cross-gen title.

I honestly wouldnt mind if they went for this art style where the environments look realistic but with lots of bloom whilst the characters look cartoony.

HighPoly

Banned
I don't know what it could look like, but thanks to the movie I now have an image as to what the end goal will be(whenever that generation comes):

8tzteo784rpa1.jpg

t2qv0o784rpa1.jpg

2mm2io784rpa1.jpg
the same art will be possible on next console, but the density of poligons and lighting full ray traced, with maybe Global Ray Tracing, is not a bet for the next console.
Maybe even not for the next next(Switch 3). As long as NINTENDO stills making Teblet Consoles.
PS6 is gonna reach that level at the ending of generation, so I hope for some game with that level in 2034

onQ123

Funny I can't think of a time when I actaully cared about the graphics of a Mario game . but with that said it would be cool to see some Mario remakes with Kirby Yarn like graphics

It shiuld match the new movie's CGI ! Haha or close , I must of taken a milllion screenshots in Odyssey, so yeah they will do a great job! I'm sure Bowser fury was just a test for the next Mario game.

Top Bottom