• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

mdubs

Banned
Surprised that there isn't more enthusiasm here for trying to get Amazon to lower the price for Titanfall 2. That would give anyone who already ordered a significantly higher discount

killroy87

Surprised that there isn't more enthusiasm here for trying to get Amazon to lower the price for Titanfall 2. That would give anyone who already ordered a significantly higher discount
There are posts about it. Only so much we can do on our end, they either do it or they don't.

mdubs

Banned
There are posts about it. Only so much we can do on our end, they either do it or they don't.

Good news, they did it! Edit: only for the Xbox One version right now

Worth noting everyone that the 20% off is still active on Titanfall 2, so if you want a $40 copy get your order in immediately before they take it down from the 20% list

Vinc

Good news, they did it! Edit: only for the Xbox One version right now

Worth noting everyone that the 20% off is still active on Titanfall 2, so if you want a $40 copy get your order in immediately before they take it down from the 20% list

I still see it at 79.99

mdubs

Banned
I still see it at 79.99

3b9c4b1d8e.jpg

Vinc

Hopefully! Ordered the XBO version just in case but the 20% is gone. But I think that might be because they moved it to the $30 off section and it just lumps them all together.

ConfusedOwl

Neo Member
First time ever partaking in an E3 sale on Amazon.

The damage:

Dishonored 2
Dragon Quest Builders
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
No Man's Sky
Titanfall 2
Horizon: Zero Dawn
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Mafia 3

Mostly games I planned on pre-ordering at some point so I figured I'd try out Amazon this time around instead. Only games I'm not 100% sure on yet are South Park and Final Fantasy XII.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Seems like further confirmation that those $79.99 priced games will have their discounts eaten away during price drops - hence defeating the purpose of ordering any of them unless you're satisfied paying $63.99 plus tax to get them at launch.

Yeah, I guess they don't want a repeat of last year's discount rolling into Walmart's recent price drops (FFXV, Gears for $35). I'll be really bummed if these don't stay intact until release.

No_Style

Seems like further confirmation that those $79.99 priced games will have their discounts eaten away during price drops - hence defeating the purpose of ordering any of them unless you're satisfied paying $63.99 plus tax to get them at launch.

That's not true at all. It's not adjusting because they've bundled TitanFall 2's $49.96 price into the $30 off promo. When prices randomly fluctuate or drop in the past, they're never part of a promo. This is the first time that prices are being adjusted due to a promo that explicitly states that other promos do not apply.

That's not true at all. It's not adjusting because they've bundled TitanFall 2's $49.96 price into the $30 off promo. When prices randomly fluctuate or drop in the past, they're never part of a promo. This is the first time that prices are being adjusted due to a promo that explicitly states that other promos do not apply.

You are right, it proves nothing. What happened make sense. However, they are still very slow are fixing their shit so the 20% really applies properly to every game...

Oh good. This makes it easy to cancel my Titanfall 2 pre-order, then. It's also fitting that this E3 pre-order period should end the way it began: disappointment.

Vinc

Both Crackdown 3 (5 bucks off) and FFXII (dropped $10 since it first went up) have their 20% off discount eaten away at though, and they're not part of that other promo.

Honestly, Amazon needs to fix this. It's not explicitly stated anywhere that the games need to be full price to be at 20% off.

Mupod

I literally just put in my order and didn't see the Titanfall drop. I'm going PC though and that's still 80, eh if it doesn't get adjusted I'll probably end up going with a key reseller anyways.

Just got this email:

Hello,

We're contacting you about your order #XXX for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition. We are writing to inform you that we miscalculated your promotional discount and have updated your preorder price to $55.99.

Click here to see your order:

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.ca

You guys sure made some noise. I never even emailed or contacted them about it.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Same, but when I click the link in that email it says the order is cancelled, and my actual order isn't updated to that.

Hah, same thing on my end except I actually cancelled my order. Tried to place a new one to see if the price is adjusting correctly, but it isn't.

I also have a feeling that they adjusted the game to 55.99$ but there is no longer a promo on it so if the game were to end up being like 49.99$ then we won't get any % off on it.

Only World of Final Fantasy to fix now. Anyone talked to them about it?

Vinc

Anyone else still has a separate order for FFXII that hasn't been adjusted? I did cancel the one they apparently adjusted for me, but my newer one that was made a few hours later hasn't been.

UberTag

I also have a feeling that they adjusted the game to 55.99$ but there is no longer a promo on it so if the game were to end up being like 49.99$ then we won't get any % off on it.
This is likely true. If they're doing a manual adjustment as their solution after hoop jumping, Emails, phone calls and chats instead of actually correcting the underlying issue of making the discount auto-adjust to price (which is probably the case for both Zelda and Attack on Titan) then any further price drops the game sees from its current $69.99 list price likely will require similar hoop jumping.

So if it drops to $59.99 from $69.99 and you're not satisfied with paying $55.99 instead of $60 less 20%, you can expect that you'll need to do that.

Apples_89

Looks like there is still hope for the additional 20% discount for those who preordered Titanfall 2 prior to the price drop:

Me: Also, there is another issue with another order 702-6719661-4028234… the price was adjusted on this item, however the previously existing E3 promotion of 20% off was removed when the price was adjusted. For all other orders I have, when a similar situation occurred, the promotion remained. Can you please re-apply this original discount which was applied when I originally pre-ordered the game?

Amazon: Please give me a moment, while I check this for you.

Me: Thank you kindly

Amazon: Thanks for waiting and patience.
Since the promotion was not applied to the order, in this case I'll create a follow up personally and issue the refund for the order as soon as the order gets shipped.
Will that be fine?

Me: Is it not possible to just apply this to the order now, and save us both the trouble of dealing with this at a later date? For literally every other game which I have ordered where a similar price adjustment has occurred, the previously existing discount was automatically carried through.

Amazon: Since this is the promotion I am not authorized to adjust the price of the item, in this case if you prefer I'll escalate this issue to our promotions and marketing team and they will adjust the price of the order and get back to you within 24 hours.
Me: So you're saying that this will be automatically adjusted within 24 hours? And if not, the additional discount will be applied on the date of shipment?

Amazon: Since I am escalating this issue this will be adjusted by the promotions team automatically within 24 hours.

Me: Many thanks. I look forward to the update. Have a good evening!

Amazon: Thanks for understanding and patience.

Say something similar to the CS rep and you should be fine. I'll let you know if it all works out, but based on that response I have no reason to think it won't!

Anyone else still has a separate order for FFXII that hasn't been adjusted? I did cancel the one they apparently adjusted for me, but my newer one that was made a few hours later hasn't been.

Yeah, that's exactly my issue. They sent me the email but no adjustment on the one that I made.

mackaveli

Is the FFXII discount still acting screwed up?

I got the price to $55.99 but the discount when I total my whole order is not 20%.

Should i contact CSR or will it be fixed later?

Or is the $55.99 price correct and there is no more 20% to be applied to it?

No_Style

Both Crackdown 3 (5 bucks off) and FFXII (dropped $10 since it first went up) have their 20% off discount eaten away at though, and they're not part of that other promo.

Honestly, Amazon needs to fix this. It's not explicitly stated anywhere that the games need to be full price to be at 20% off.

Thanks for pointing this out. Wasn't aware about these errors.

Anyone ever tried to cancel a Walmart order after the 30 minute window by phone? Thinking I might as well just pre order Titanfall 2 on Amazon now that they have adjusted it.

Only World of Final Fantasy to fix now. Anyone talked to them about it?

I went through like 5 CSs to apply the 20% off promo for World of FF.

Luigi87

So I added four products to my cart on Amazon, but the 20% off is only applying to three items? (Even though all four have pages that mention the 20% off)

Edit: Oh because of WoFF probably?

c-murph

They just wrote to me saying they auto adjusted the price for FFXII to 55.99$!

Wait. When did the price drop?

I preordered FFXII on June 14 with the 20% Promo at the $69.99 Price point. Mine didn't adjust to $55.99. Is this what everybody is raising hell about? Because if so, then me too!

Faenix1

FF12 still hasn't adjusted for me, still at $63.99 not $55.99.

I did, however, contact amazon CS and they said it'll be a day or two.

Looks like there is still hope for the additional 20% discount for those who preordered Titanfall 2 prior to the price drop:

Me: Also, there is another issue with another order 702-6719661-4028234… the price was adjusted on this item, however the previously existing E3 promotion of 20% off was removed when the price was adjusted. For all other orders I have, when a similar situation occurred, the promotion remained. Can you please re-apply this original discount which was applied when I originally pre-ordered the game?

Amazon: Please give me a moment, while I check this for you.

Me: Thank you kindly

Amazon: Thanks for waiting and patience.
Since the promotion was not applied to the order, in this case I'll create a follow up personally and issue the refund for the order as soon as the order gets shipped.
Will that be fine?

Me: Is it not possible to just apply this to the order now, and save us both the trouble of dealing with this at a later date? For literally every other game which I have ordered where a similar price adjustment has occurred, the previously existing discount was automatically carried through.

Amazon: Since this is the promotion I am not authorized to adjust the price of the item, in this case if you prefer I'll escalate this issue to our promotions and marketing team and they will adjust the price of the order and get back to you within 24 hours.
Me: So you're saying that this will be automatically adjusted within 24 hours? And if not, the additional discount will be applied on the date of shipment?

Amazon: Since I am escalating this issue this will be adjusted by the promotions team automatically within 24 hours.

Me: Many thanks. I look forward to the update. Have a good evening!

Amazon: Thanks for understanding and patience.

Say something similar to the CS rep and you should be fine. I'll let you know if it all works out, but based on that response I have no reason to think it won't!

Not working for me so far...

Edit: CS is asking me for your order #. Let's see since it's in your post. Ok, he will escalate it too along with World of Final Fantasy!

After watching this I pre ordered instantly. First time I've done that for a FPS since COD4 funny enough (Respawn/Infinity Ward).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLhQTAA1Yw&list=LL03k-Z90deNvjVBM8sZpuGQ&index=1

Game looks DAMN good.

Just so any casuals + PS4 players here know, titanfall 1 (on xbox obviously) was REALLY accessible to new players and alot of fun. Going between battlefield 4 on PS4 and titanfall was great. Different but awesome.

Highly recommend ordering titanfall 2 at $50

Just so any casuals + PS4 players here know, titanfall 1 (on xbox obviously) was REALLY accessible to new players and alot of fun. Going between battlefield 4 on PS4 and titanfall was great. Different but awesome.

Highly recommend ordering titanfall 2 at $50

Went back and played some Titanfall tonight because Titanfall 2 was getting me hyped. After I was done I said fuck it and ordered the PS4 digital version despite the $50 one being there. I want this on my PS4. First game is so much fun to play.

Whales

Banned
I expected it to go up in price last year, we've had it good for awhile now. Amazon was going to catch up eventually

its been like that for a year? well im lucky I ordered this morning while it was still 69.99!

I thought it was 69.99 because the NX version would be 79.99..

Are people's Titanfall 2 orders changing to $49.96 minus 20% off or are they losing the 20%? It's not letting me view the breakdown of each individual game, so I'm not sure how I can tell if it worked :S

Top Bottom