• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Canada] Gaming Deals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com
Sooo for all the Canucks, I've decided to keep an up-to-date list of what deals we have. If you want to see them with their own little topics with their own little discussions, feel free to join us on CAG. If you don't like CAG, you don't like money.

Please keep up to date with the thread to know of deals quickly before hoarders get 'em. Long-time deals will be updated here.

Common Deals
EB Games Trade 3 for Free
Trade 3 games worth $8 trade-in value or more for a full pre-order of selected games. Offer ends the day the game comes out, or a week after in some locations. You can usually just move the pre-order to something else a few days later if you want.

So basically, 3 games worth $8 or more gets you any game you want.

Links
Twitter Feed by No_Stylez
Trade-in Values by neksus (CAG/RFD)
RedFlagDeals for general deals
CheapAssGamer for game deals
 

AAK

Member
Sep 30, 2006
19,614
4
1,085
31
Ottawa, ON
Please excuse my stupdity but isn't Loblaws a grocery store, I've never seen an entertainment related item there (well at least here in Ottawa).
 

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com
snorggy said:
Futureshop has Motorstorm for $10 off... it's $59.99

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10084569&catid=24299&logon=&langid=EN

didn't i hear somewhere that Sony first party games are supposed to be at this price anyway? maybe i was just dreaming that.
Added that in. Also, Future Shop and Best Buy often have $10 off a new game for the first week.

AAK said:
Please excuse my stupdity but isn't Loblaws a grocery store, I've never seen an entertainment related item there (well at least here in Ottawa).
They should have an electronics section if they're anything like Superstore. I know many do according to RFDers.
 

AAK

Member
Sep 30, 2006
19,614
4
1,085
31
Ottawa, ON
DOPE! Ignore me. I confused Loblaws with Loebs. My bad. Thanks a million for the info Firestorm. There are a lot of stuff on the list that interst me. I am grateful :)
 

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com
AAK said:
DOPE! Ignore me. I confused Loblaws with Loebs. My bad. Thanks a million for the info Firestorm. There are a lot of stuff on the list that interst me. I am grateful :)
Sadly, the Superstore/Loblaws stuff has been on for a while so it'll be hard to find things of interest.
 

AAK

Member
Sep 30, 2006
19,614
4
1,085
31
Ottawa, ON
I'll test my luck. The gaming scene here in Ottawa isn't really that strong as compared to other places.... especially concerning Sony's hardware.
 

BMAN

Member
Jul 21, 2005
452
0
0
Vancouver
If anyones looking for 12 +1 months of Xbox live and a vision camera Futureshop had a printing error in this weeks flyer instead of the regular 89 bucks its printed as 54 dollars.
 

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com
BMAN said:
If anyones looking for 12 +1 months of Xbox live and a vision camera Futureshop had a printing error in this weeks flyer instead of the regular 89 bucks its printed as 54 dollars.
Most know about it and won't honour it I think. You can try though.

jj984jj said:
:O

Is the FFIV-IVa pricing new? When I went to RCSS they only had FFIV for $19.98.
It seems to be really varied. I think some stores mistook the label (crazy Vs and Is messed them up?). Don't bet on getting it.
 

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Oct 26, 2006
6,452
0
1,130
I managed to snag a copy of Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for $14.88 the other day at Real Canadian Superstore. FFIV was also at that price, though V and VI were regular price.

Unfortunately they also had Magical Starsign at full price. I've wanted to give it a try for a while and thought 18 bucks sounded like a good price...

:(
 

rs7k

Member
Jun 9, 2004
4,257
0
0
So I can trade in Bully, Shadow of the Colossus, and Burnout Revenge (360), and I get Mass Effect on release day without paying extra?

Rock on Firestorm!
 

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com
xTOXNx said:
Can the "trade-up" deal be combined?

Like if I trade in an xbox and DS will I get 200 in credit?

Also is it 100 in credit for the original DS? if not how much is it?
I actually don't know. This question has been asked on either CAG or RFD but I don't ever remember it being answered. I'd phone EB if I were you. Also ask them how much the DS Lite is worth (DS does not fetch $100 for sure).

rs7k said:
So I can trade in Bully, Shadow of the Colossus, and Burnout Revenge (360), and I get Mass Effect on release day without paying extra?

Rock on Firestorm!
Only problem is that Mass Effect isn't in their system yet for some reason. Neither is Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata =( I heard that it ME might be in the system by Friday so I'd try asking anyway.
 

jenov4

Member
Jun 7, 2004
6,360
0
1,325
Canada
BTW, for the EBGames trade-in stuff, do we have to have the original box and manual? I have a crapload of GC discs only.
 

disappeared

Banned
Sep 14, 2006
26,837
2
1,120
Yes! I just called EB and they're honoring it! The guy knows me too so he'll help me get the best deal. I'll be back in a few hours with a PS3! :D
 

ConvenientBox

Member
Dec 13, 2006
5,492
0
905
Toronto
jamhammer.ca
Anyone know any deals coming up for 360 hardware? I'm ready to take the plunge, but I want to buy when its 50 dollars off like back around christmas. I've got a costco membership, is 579 for a premium + controller + playncharge + GOW a goood deal?
 

Big-E

Member
Nov 16, 2006
19,378
0
1,025
jenov4 said:
BTW, for the EBGames trade-in stuff, do we have to have the original box and manual? I have a crapload of GC discs only.
I'm not sure but I think you get a bit extra for that. You don't need the French instructions though, they throw those out.
 

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Jan 11, 2005
31,107
0
1,625
eternal prize said:
Anyone know any deals coming up for 360 hardware? I'm ready to take the plunge, but I want to buy when its 50 dollars off like back around christmas. I've got a costco membership, is 579 for a premium + controller + playncharge + GOW a goood deal?
The Source = Xbox 360 Console + 3 Games (Gears of War, GRAW and Live Arcade Unplugged) (ID 5848003): $499.99
 

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com
jenov4 said:
BTW, for the EBGames trade-in stuff, do we have to have the original box and manual? I have a crapload of GC discs only.
Games need to be complete with instructions and box. Some locations let you get away without instructions, but I doubt they'd let you go without box.
 

Foil

Member
Apr 4, 2005
3,914
0
0
When you trade a console in at EB do they just want the system, cords, and controller? Or do they want the original box as well?
 

disappeared

Banned
Sep 14, 2006
26,837
2
1,120
Foil said:
When you trade a console in at EB do they just want the system, cords, and controller? Or do they want the original box as well?
I gave them everything including the cords, box and manuals. Surprisingly, I forgot that all I had for a Gamecube controller was a Wavebird, but the guy said it was perfectly fine.
 
Dec 17, 2006
15,950
2
0

Gaia Theory

Member
Nov 16, 2004
1,429
0
0
CANADA
I scored two copies of Magical Vacation for $18, and man would I ever love to get Children of Mana and Final Fantasy VI at these cheap prices!
 

Firestorm

Member
Feb 2, 2006
33,832
0
0
Vancouver, BC
nuggetbridge.com

Price Drops
Wavebird - $24.99
PSTwo - $99.99


Wavebird - $24.99
This price has been valid since December. However, most stores have been cleaned out and for some reason, some stores still have them a $50. If you see it for $50, get them to scan it just in case because lots of people have had them scan in at $25 even though the price tag says $50.
 

Seraph830

Banned
Mar 1, 2007
612
0
0
Dang I might be picking up a Wavebird or two this weekend. It pays to have a girlfreind in canada :)

Oh and dont forget everyone, if you live in America the exchange rate is about 1.1. Meaning when something is $25, its actually $22.50 in real money.
 
Jan 12, 2007
61,088
0
0
Toronto, ON. Canada
AAK said:
Please excuse my stupdity but isn't Loblaws a grocery store, I've never seen an entertainment related item there (well at least here in Ottawa).
lol. I'm in class right now, and it's funny you mentioned it cause my friend works at Loblaws.
He's like "we have entertainment section!" :lol

He works in Loblaws in Richmond Hill, Ontario (North of Toronto)...

Alot of Loblaws have Entertainment section...
 

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Jan 11, 2005
31,107
0
1,625
Seraph830 said:
Dang I might be picking up a Wavebird or two this weekend. It pays to have a girlfreind in canada :)

Oh and dont forget everyone, if you live in America the exchange rate is about 1.1. Meaning when something is $25, its actually $22.50 in real money.
You know what's even better than having a girlfriend in Canada when you don't live here? Having one that lives near you that you can see on a regular basis.
 

grate

Member
Jun 29, 2006
552
0
0
Dear gaf,

I heard that in Canada milk comes in bags.

I've seen pictures, but I would like confirmation from the Canadian gaf populus.

THANKS.
 
Nov 17, 2006
24,417
0
0
40
Koga, Ibaraki, Japan
Fuzzy said:
You know what's even better than having a girlfriend in Canada when you don't live here? Having one that lives near you that you can see on a regular basis.
Hey, without Canadian girlfriends, a lot of guys in other countries wouldn't have girlfriends at all!
 

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Jan 11, 2005
31,107
0
1,625
grate said:
Dear gaf,

I heard that in Canada milk comes in bags.

I've seen pictures, but I would like confirmation from the Canadian gaf populus.

THANKS.
It's not true, the pictures you saw were fake. The only "milk bags" we have up here would get me banned if I posted pictures.
 

Tiktaalik

Member
Aug 6, 2004
12,871
0
1,430
grate said:
Dear gaf,

I heard that in Canada milk comes in bags.

I've seen pictures, but I would like confirmation from the Canadian gaf populus.

THANKS.
It's true in some parts of Canada.

They claim it reduces waste, but then you have to buy an extra milk jug!
 
D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Tiktaalik said:
It's true in some parts of Canada.

They claim it reduces waste, but then you have to buy an extra milk jug!
The jug is made out of hard plastic, is reusable and isn't thrown out. Definetly less waste than the plastic jugs used in the US
 

grate

Member
Jun 29, 2006
552
0
0
olubode said:
The jug is made out of hard plastic, is reusable and isn't thrown out. Definetly less waste than the plastic jugs used in the US
To you and your brethren (and sistrens(above)) , thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.