• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Bought Batman: Arkham City and Modern Warfare 2 used for 14,99$ each at EB Games. Got a 60$ gift card at FS.

Might want to act quick, MW2 value was 3$ on their list, so their list of eligible games might change.

iiicon

PM'd you both. Repost for new page:

I also have $20 codes. The ones I'm not using are as follows (crossed out = taken):

Gears of War Judgment
Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising
God of War Ascension

So...claim away. And by claim just tell me which one you want.

Metal Gear Rising, please!

3N16MA

Banned
Reposting for new page:

I received extra $20 off codes from Tsilon which are good at Future Shop. Just post/PM me which one you want.

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Ok, about the trade 2 for a 60$ gift card at Future Shop and Best Buy. I bought 2 cheap Lollipop chainsaw and Modern Warfare 2. Headed to Best Buy first. The guy had no idea what I was talking about(as usual). After a bit he found the list of games, it was like the controller deal, only super recent games, none of what I had.

I took my games and headed to Future Shop, there the guy knew right away, he looked up my games on the website and gave me 120$ of gift cards!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Traded in two copies of Tetris Axis ($9.83 each at Walmart) alongside MGS3DS and another copy of Lego Star Wars 3 to get $120 at BB. They didn't try any bullshit this time.

Now I can buy two copies of shitty MGRising LE for $80 off with the Tsilon coupons at Futureshop:)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Any Gaf members at Sudbury FS trying to get those trades tonight lol. Saw some guy in line with 6 qualifiers but we both got screwed over until tomorrow as no one at FS had a clue.

snack

I got it but futureshop is killing me. My credit card has an expiry date of late 2013 but they have the release date of gta5 as 2014 as a palceholder, so now my order can't go through ahaha. Gonna have to use something else.

np

only gears of war left

Shit. My cc expires in a couple months. I am going to be in the same boat as you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got it but futureshop is killing me. My credit card has an expiry date of late 2013 but they have the release date of gta5 as 2014 as a palceholder, so now my order can't go through ahaha. Gonna have to use something else.

np

only gears of war left

Shit. My cc expires in a couple months. I am going to be in the same boat as you.

Just make up a fake expiry date and change it when they update the release date/get your new card.

Also, I'm surprised no one took the codes I posted... ah well. Assuming people aren't jerks, they should still be available. lol

Leeness

My codes finally went through! Yay!

Is there a way to apply a code to something already ordered? I ordered Tomb Raider during the e3 deals. Though that would bump it down to $19.99 and I'm guessing that's frowned upon.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was browsing Amazon and I saw Kirby Mass Attack for $10.29. About $15 with shipping. Not sure if should, considering my backlog is already huge and Fire Emblem next month =/.

Just make up a fake expiry date and change it when they update the release date/get your new card.

Also, I'm surprised no one took the codes I posted... ah well. Assuming people aren't jerks, they should still be available. lol
Ill try that. I just assumed it wouldn't work but I guess they don't process the card at all for preorders until release.

Any Gaf members at Sudbury FS trying to get those trades tonight lol. Saw some guy in line with 6 qualifiers but we both got screwed over until tomorrow as no one at FS had a clue.

Ouch.

They did a change to the list. I actually picked up Soul Calibur V which was on the list last night. It's gone today. Oh well, I still have it sealed. Might keep it anyways.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Traded two more games in at Futureshop this morning for the $60 GC. Good stuff. Shitty Metal Gear Rising LEs were almost nothing thanks to BB and FS... and Walmart for their $9.83 Tetris Axis:)

daevv

If anyone has of of those $20 off GTA V tsilon codes they are not going to use I'll gladly take it. :)

Also anyone remember if the MS Points and PSN cards were marked down at zellers when they were liquidating? Store by me started just after Christmas.

One of the games I traded in yesterday is off the list now, Mass Effect 3 360
One of the games I was denied yesterday because it wasn't the right SKU is also gone, UFC 3

zroid

Banned
^

Be nice if we got better XL editions. I can't believe Nintendo even bothers selling the old one anymore.

It's a cheaper/more portable option; same situation as DSi and DSiXL. Hopefully the OG model will get a true revision that does away with the layer cake and makes it slightly more ergonomic. There's definitely a place for a non-XL sized model though.

Sora_N

Spare GTA, Gears of War and God of War codes. Don't give a crap about these games. Please quote my post if you want the, will send when I'm home tonight.

Spare Tomb Raider as well I think, they sent me two by accident and sadly the coupons don't stack. The second one should still be valid though.

KarmaCow

Is the Wind down for anyone else? I know there were issues with their data network on Tuesday but I can't connect to the network at all for even phone calls for some reason. I went to Wind because they are cheap and I can live without LTE but losing cell service is too much.

Also I have the tsilon.ca preorder coupons if anyone wants them. PM me and I'll try to get you the code asap.

What I have at the moment:

Gears of War Judgement

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
God of War Ascension
Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider

Cheerilee

Is the Wind down for anyone else? I know there were issues with their data network on Tuesday but I can't connect to the network at all for even phone calls for some reason. I went to Wind because they are cheap and I can live without LTE but losing cell service is too much.

My phone's call log says I made and received a couple of calls around 2:00PM and a couple more around 4:00PM. I didn't make any calls around 3:00, and nobody I know seems to have tried-and-failed to reach me around that time.

KarmaCow

My phone's call log says I made and received a couple of calls around 2:00PM and a couple more around 4:00PM. I didn't make any calls around 3:00, and nobody I know seems to have tried-and-failed to reach me around that time.

Well fuck, hopefully it's just a problem with the sim card then. D:

Not sure if this is considered a deal but I pre-ordered Sly-4 (thieves in time) ps3 from best buy today 39.99 (comes with a free vita version) and when I went to pay there was a promotional 5 dollars off so after taxes it came to 36.99 with free shipping.

Anyone know why its not a full price 59.99 dollar game? Its not some mini game collection I hope lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom