• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
damn these Target clearance deals are crazy
I wish they were closer to me. There are only two east of Yonge and they're both south of Eglinton. I had hoped that the Zellers less than 5 minutes from me would've become a Target but it never happened. :(

Razdek

Banned
This happened to me a few times with the 2012 E3 deals, where I'd preorder a product that would eventually turn out to be a digital only release. I'd generally order a different game on the site, contact customer service by phone with both order numbers, and they'd apply the credit to my new order. Not sure if they've changed the system, but I can verify that it worked for me in the past.

Awesome, thanks for the reply and I'll give them a call after work.

zroid

Banned
I wish they were closer to me. There are only two east of Yonge and they're both south of Eglinton. I had hoped that the Zellers less than 5 minutes from me would've become a Target but it never happened. :(

That would probably be the closest one to me too. :b

There is one Target opening a somewhat manageable distance from me (about ~15 minutes), but it's scheduled for "late fall". (Im)patiently waiting.

I picked up a Vita today at Target. They had the Call of Duty bundle on clearance for $99.99.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I just called the nearest Target and they didn't have that deal. :( Actually the only Vita he had was a Walking Dead bundle for $250, I'll pass. :/

soultron

Banned
Tonight is Vita hunting night. Either I'll find it at Target for $100 or at SDM for $160.

I was supposed to go out... guess that's not happening anymore. :(

I am at shoppers; no 3ds is sight. It seems they clearing out their whole Nintendo section.

Wii u deluxe for 250 though. With 20% off, will be 200. Rejoice

soultron

Banned
I am at shoppers; no 3ds is sight. It seems they clearing out their whole Nintendo section.

Well, I'd imagine people swept them up this week in preparation to return them today and repurchase for the discounted price.

That's what I was planning on doing last night.

Hey CanuckGAF, any deals on PS3s right now? Both of my daughters want one for Christmas for their new apartments... I'm hoping to find a 250GB bundle for $199 or something somewhere...

Just saw the 250gb Uncharted bundle for $175 at Target. They also had the 500gb for $210. They had two of each in the case at Calgary Chinook mall.

beta_fuse

I need to ask, how come Targets are having such huge clearances? Are they closing a bunch of them? Here in Montreal we are just starting to get some opening up so I doubt there's going to be anything on clearance.

I need to ask, how come Targets are having such huge clearances? Are they closing a bunch of them? Here in Montreal we are just starting to get some opening up so I doubt there's going to be anything on clearance.

Yeah, I called the new one in Ville St-Laurent. Nothing. :/

It looks like when Target needs to clear shelf space they discount heavily

They need space for PS4/XBO just like they needed room for Fall seasonal stuff when they cleared out their BBQ stuff from the Summer

Luigi87

I picked up a Vita today at Target. They had the Call of Duty bundle on clearance for $99.99.

o_o
I freaking work at Target, and I didn't know about this, lol (and my store would have it on clearance).

I don't need a Vita though, had one since launch.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ZombiU $20 at FS/BB.
It's always fun to see things like this.

QOfIPIl.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
ZombiU is a must for every WiiU owner, especially at that price. Makes excellent use of the gamepad and is an actual survival horror game.

zroid

Banned
My nearest Target is pretty far too >_<

And then there's the chance they won't even have it at that price. Not sure if I should... :(

emgeejay

Hey everybody, thanks for alerting me to the Trade-One deal on Pokemon X/Y. Now I'm digging my first Pokemon game since Gold, and when I inevitably re-buy Super Mario 3D Land, I'll get to play through that all over again. Truly a win-win.

So Futureshop cancelled my Arkham origins preorder for PS4 saying it's been cancelled for PS4, they gave me a 5$ certificate! Is it really cancelled for next gen?

Tried to use it on Zombie U but they would charge me for shipping if I buy it online, it can't be used for in-store pickup, right?

amrod

So Futureshop cancelled my Arkham origins preorder for PS4 saying it's been cancelled for PS4, they gave me a 5$ certificate! Is it really cancelled for next gen?

Tried to use it on Zombie U but they would charge me for shipping if I buy it online, it can't be used for in-store pickup, right?

I got one too and want to use it on pokemon but its sold out :\

The Shoppers I went to still had a deluxe scanning in at $299. Was it some specific SKU that got the price cut or what am I missing here?

Luigi87

Arkham Origins was never officially announced for PS4/XONE (and then later confirmed that they were not releasing for either platform), but FS was taking pre-orders anyhow.

CaLe

Just picked up Sly Cooper (PS3) for about 6$ from Target, it was on clearance.

There was only one remaining, prompting the cashier to get it for himself after making a WTF expression.

Top Bottom