• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Went to the local shoppers to pick up Lego City Undercover, but they didn't have any left. They had the boxart sitting in a white Wii display case, and had a bunch of Wii games with blue cases. Almost picked up Skyward Sword for $20 instead, but I don't think I'd ever end up playing it.

ZombiU was, forgot the price. Same for Mario Tennis for the 3DS.

Someone at RFD got some others:

ZombiU - $17.99
Tank Tank Tank - $13
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition - $13
Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - $30
Mario Tennis Open - $11.99

Might try my luck again with price matching Tekken, not a major drop from $20, but still a $12 after deduction would be nice. :)

Wouldn't recommend Tank without trying the F2P download version, and I wasn't crazy about it at all (30fps WTF).

Also DSi is $50.

Dazzler

I often wonder about the joyless existence some of those people on RFD lead. Cruising sites all day looking for bargains and pricing errors. It must be absolutely miserable

The Shoppers I went to still had a deluxe scanning in at $299. Was it some specific SKU that got the price cut or what am I missing here?
Sorry, I just got back home. I went into another shoppers, and they didn't have the same deal. I suspect that was just a store deal; if it helps, in the first store it said up to December 7 or something, and while the stock lasts.

I can't do it sadly ;_; Not gonna travel to my nearest Target which is like an hour away.

Go for it, man. Think of me when they ring it up.
I am not sure if you could find them in stock anyway; they were all sold out in the store I checked; but they had the PS3s in stock, as they hadn't updated the price tags and people hadn't noticed yet.

And yes, lots of games on sale as well. From top of my head, JD4 was $15.

I got a Wii (not wii u) classic controller pro white for $12 as well.

ohlawd

I am not sure if you could find them in stock anyway; they were all sold out in the store I checked; but they had the PS3s in stock, as they hadn't updated the price tags and people hadn't noticed yet.

And yes, lots of games on sale as well. From top of my head, JD4 was $15.

I got a Wii (not wii u) classic controller pro white for $12 as well.

lol PS3 don't give a crap about that. But nice job to anyone managing to find some stock on these good deals.

Hmm nearest Target near me opens at the end of the year. I don't suppose they'll be subject to these insane clearances?

Sorry, I just got back home. I went into another shoppers, and they didn't have the same deal. I suspect that was just a store deal; if it helps, in the first store it said up to December 7 or something, and while the stock lasts.
That's a shame, I could really go for a $200 wiiu. Well there is still plenty of time for it's price to drop.

lol PS3 don't give a crap about that. But nice job to anyone managing to find some stock on these good deals.

Hmm nearest Target near me opens at the end of the year. I don't suppose they'll be subject to these insane clearances?
I doubt it; they guy told me they are clearing stock for PS4/X1; though probably they will put PS3/X360 back when they see people can't afford PS4/X1; lol

That's a shame, I could really go for a $200 wiiu. Well there is still plenty of time for it's price to drop.
Well, yeah; I want a Wii U, but next year when MK and SSB are out; I don't see why I should buy one now even if it doesn't get as cheap as it is now [which is quite probable; there were some deep cuts for 3DS last year; MK XL went as down as $150; but now that 3DS is selling like banana, even the normal ones barely go that low]

I'm gonna head to Target tomorrow and see what kinds of deals I can find. I'm betting most things are cleared out by now, but it doesn't hurt to check. Guelph is sometimes untouched when it comes to big clearance sales.

Joeku

Went to/called a couple Targets in the Durham area. Apparently some dude just came in and cleaned them out, dropping a couple grand at each place. It bothers me that sometimes places don't limit individual purchases of clearance items like that, cause the guy is only going to resell them on ebay or at the Pickering flea market or something and then an individual just profits off of this instead of everyone getting cheaper funtimes.

Went to/called a couple Targets in the Durham area. Apparently some dude just came in and cleaned them out, dropping a couple grand at each place. It bothers me that sometimes places don't limit individual purchases of clearance items like that, cause the guy is only going to resell them on ebay or at the Pickering flea market or something and then an individual just profits off of this instead of everyone getting cheaper funtimes.

Those resellers are the worst.

Nibiru

Banned
I often wonder about the joyless existence some of those people on RFD lead. Cruising sites all day looking for bargains and pricing errors. It must be absolutely miserable

Spoken like a dude who always misses the deals. You'll get a good deal someday, keep at it:)

Spoken like a dude who always misses the deals. You'll get a good deal someday, keep at it:)

Really?!! I get to enjoy a deal every now and then, still find it disgusting when people clear the shelves and run to sell for profit on Kijiji!!

Does anybody know how much would EB give you for a 250gb super slim PS3?
It's my second PS3 and I will probably not gonna need it after PS4 launch so I might trade it in for my PS4!

soultron

Banned
Did anyone else find a $99 vita?

Toronto Danforth Target was dry. The guy who looked up the stock did acknowledge the price being 99, but he said they sold out super fast as soon as that price hit. He checked the stock and the back, but there weren't any left.

I didn't see anything worth buying there, otherwise. 4GB 360s were the only clearance item I saw.

i-Jest

Toronto Danforth Target was dry. The guy who looked up the stock did acknowledge the price being 99, but he said they sold out super fast as soon as that price hit. He checked the stock and the back, but there weren't any left.

I didn't see anything worth buying there, otherwise. 4GB 360s were the only clearance item I saw.

Did you find what you were looking for at the stockyard SDM?

Ramblin

Banned
Isn't there a Target at East York Town Centre (Thorncliffe/Overlea) where the old Zellers was? If so, try them.

Yes there is.And there's an LCBO there as well. And there used to be a used video game store by the name of "Iceman Video Games" when I was young. I traded in my beloved Dreamcast there for xbox stuff after the first price drip. Good times.

Yes there is.And there's an LCBO there as well. And there used to be a used video game store by the name of "Iceman Video Games" when I was young. I traded in my beloved Dreamcast there for xbox stuff after the first price drip. Good times.

Fret not! Iceman is now at Augusta and College right next to Kensington Market!

Strange, Futureshop sent me an e-mail yesterday with an Oct. 24th release date for Knack and a Nov. 4th release date for Killzone Shadow Fall. I know the games will be released before the console but I don't think it's going to be that early.

zroid

Banned
Another update on the Pokémon XY guide situation for those keeping track: Chapters now has it "in stock" (also price is yet again back down to $11.50). Amazon has it pegged to ship in 1-4 months but I'm guessing that will change promptly. Anyway, Chapters should be shipping them out soon. Keeping an eye on my order/credit card to see if I get charged.

I managed to grab Zombi U, TTT2 and Mario Tennis Open from Target. I missed out on a Vita by about two hours. The cashier said some dude came in and bought every single one they had.

Fucker.

i-Jest

I missed out on the 20% off SDM deal, so what's the next best 3DS deal right now?

Wait and get the Zelda bundle...

If your impatient you can always get this: http://www.futureshop.ca/fr-CA/product/nintendo-3ds-nintendo-3ds-xl-avec-pokemon-x-y-edition-rouge-3ds/10266231.aspx?path=5362226e77994ab0c0ea39bcc20ada84fr02&lang=en-CA&pcname=&sku=10266231

EDIT:

Never mind. I thought that said $169. It's regular price.

EDIT2:

If anyone's still interested, Indigo Chapters is still selling the Pokemon guide for $11.49 (member price) and $12.64 (online price). http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-the/9780804161992-item.html Common lurkers, you know you want to.

Stupid question, but can you resell Playstation all stars PS3 game? its only because when i was updating the game and got the free Vita download i thought i read something about the disc data (?) being locked to your ps3.

Just got an offer from Futureshop because I have a PS4 preordered through them:

Preorder a Dual Shock 4 and get $20 off either Killzone or Knack. Offer only valid until Oct 22.

Top Bottom