• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

i-Jest

it begins

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00CMQTVK0/

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BJB9ZT6/

2ake3ir.gif

Those damn fuckers....

Zing

Banned
Now that I own a "modern" console, I can participate in this thread!

I'm going to buy Wind Waker HD and New Super Luigi U, both retail discs. Any deals on these anywhere? I've only seen $50 and $30 respectively.

I'm going to buy Wind Waker HD and New Super Luigi U, both retail discs. Any deals on these anywhere? I've only seen $50 and $30 respectively.

It won't be "modern" after November 15. :D

I still have to get a Wii U. That holiday bundle with those two Mario games is of very good value. Is that bundle even coming to Canada, I don't see why it won't.

soultron

Banned

Maybe wait for Black Friday? Not sure if Nintendo games see discounts for BF, but it's your best bet in the coming month.

Sulla1980

Yep. I preordered Batman for 3DS months ago alongside Rayman Legends as part of a Buy 2 promotion. Listed as 'preorder' yesterday, then come today (release day!) it's OUT OF STOCK. Plus I can't cancel because of that deal! Yessss.

I am having similar issues with Futureshop and Batman (Vita and PC); the Vita version is apparently out of stock (why did I preorder?). The PC version is in stock, but nowhere does it say that they are shipping the game.

Anyone else in this boat?

Dazzler

So, I got to try this yesterday at Future Shop on St. Catherine Street in Montreal Downtown.

10469794113_67f9aacfcf_z.jpg

10469610266_4337ab8786_z.jpg

First things, the game too for ever to boot up, get running, pick a car, and start a race. Loading times seem to be bad.

Now the controller, I do not know how they can fuck up the 360 controller. I think it is the best controller ever, sans the D-pad but this one just felt off. The bumpers are aligned in a very awkward manner, my forefingers don't click the bumpers anymore, it is more like the middle of my forefingers do with the bumpers. The triggers, I think they are smaller. I do not know, something just felt off with the controller overall.

Don't even get me started on the vibration of the controller, not sure if it is just this game or not but it seemed to be toned down and it just felt different. May be I just need to get used to it, I guess.

As for the graphics, it all runs smooth, there was just one track you can play. I was more focusing on the controller, haha.

Now, how long till I can get my hands on the PS4 in store?

I tried this last week and the loading times stood out for me too

absolutely horrendous

I am having similar issues with Futureshop and Batman (Vita and PC); the Vita version is apparently out of stock (why did I preorder?). The PC version is in stock, but nowhere does it say that they are shipping the game.

Anyone else in this boat?

I didn't get a shipping notice for Saints Row 4 until after it arrived.

frequency

I haven't gotten shipping notices from FS for the last 3 shipments. I just see my card being charged and then I check my spreadsheet for what is releasing soon or released recently and check the order number on the FS website to confirm tracking.

Sulla1980

I didn't get a shipping notice for Saints Row 4 until after it arrived.

I haven't gotten shipping notices from FS for the last 3 shipments. I just see my card being charged and then I check my spreadsheet for what is releasing soon or released recently and check the order number on the FS website to confirm tracking.

That is annoying; I have had good luck with their notifications in the past - though lord help you if you want to make any changes to your order on the web!

I guess I will just wait and see!

UberTag

I tried this last week and the loading times stood out for me too

absolutely horrendous
Hopefully Turn 10 and Microsoft have worked out the load time issues before launch.
Won't matter if Forza 5 is the eye candy and gameplay gem of both next-gen console lineups if it takes 2-3 minutes to load a race.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Howd you get it for 40? E3 deal?
Of course. Everyone should've pre-ordered everything they were interested in at the time. I did both the PS3 and PS4 version of Batman just in case and when it was confirmed it wasn't coming out on the PS4 (I still expect the "GotY" version will be) I didn't really care. I did the same thing with AC4 but I'll just return the PS3 version when I get it.

Mikey Jr.

So, I got to try this yesterday at Future Shop on St. Catherine Street in Montreal Downtown.

10469794113_67f9aacfcf_z.jpg

10469610266_4337ab8786_z.jpg

The bumpers are aligned in a very awkward manner, my forefingers don't click the bumpers anymore, it is more like the middle of my forefingers do with the bumpers.

Yep, posted an impression thread a couple of pages back. I said the exact same thing. Its as if the controller is curved inward or something. My forefingers rest on the bumpers when the tips are on the triggers. Don't like it.

Thinking about picking Wii U Party up, If that's even the correct name lol did anyone give it a try already? Is it worth 50$?

@Calgary Gaf: any spotted PS4 stations? Or even PS4 accessories for sale?

FYI - best buy having 50% off select used games atm.

Just scored dead island riptide, king of fighters xiii, fuse, and luigi's mansion 2 for $65 taxes in.

daftstar

Do 3DS games normally go on sale for Black Friday? I'm in Toronto and just bought a 3DS. I looked up the the system's catalogue and there are a few games on my list, but I can wait till they're a little cheaper.

I wouldn't count on 3DS games being too heavily discounted on Black Friday. That leaked Gamestop flyer didn't list anything.

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAAAN!

Just got my $40 PS3 copy.

FS doesn't even list mine as being shipped. I'm really not impressed by the quality of their service.

FS doesn't even list mine as being shipped. I'm really not impressed by the quality of their service.

Somehow I feel like they treat discounted preorders like E3 ones, as second class orders, never get them on day one unlike previous preorders when I had most of my games delivered either on release day or a day before!

Bruiserk

For those who ordered their PS4/XBONE on amazon, when do you expect to get your order? I chose the priority 1-2 day shipping, what are the chances of it arriving day one? I've never used priority shipping before on amazon. I live in Surrey if it is relevant.

Lexxism

I finally got my Pokemon XY guide. I haven't opened it yet but looking at the book, I guess 11.50 for it is really worth it.

Thinking about picking Wii U Party up, If that's even the correct name lol did anyone give it a try already? Is it worth 50$?

It's actually Wii Party U. Do you have a wiimote already? If not and planning to add one then this game is definitely worth it. I heard from the OT thread that people were enjoying the game. I just got my copy and I'll be playing later.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
FYI - best buy having 50% off select used games atm.

Just scored dead island riptide, king of fighters xiii, fuse, and luigi's mansion 2 for $65 taxes in.

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed Mario Kart 7 and NSMB2 for $35 + tax. To the guy looking for 3DS games, if you don't mind used games this is your best bet for the cheapest prices.

Edit: Futureshop is doing 50% off used games as well, in case a game you want is sold out at Best Buy.

Smart move by Sony releasing the DS4 before the console, people are so excited for PS4 they'll buy the first thing they see for it :p

I learnt my lesson when I bought an extra Gamecube controller at launch that was almost never used =/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Smart move by Sony releasing the DS4 before the console, people are so excited for PS4 they'll buy the first thing they see for it :p

I learnt my lesson when I bought an extra Gamecube controller at launch that was almost never used =/
No friends as a kid? Tough luck. :p

Only reason I have two DS3s is so I don't have to be plugged in when the battery dies. I'll wait to get a second DS4 when it's on sale.

daftstar

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed Mario Kart 7 and NSMB2 for $35 + tax. To the guy looking for 3DS games, if you don't mind used games this is your best bet for the cheapest prices.

Edit: Futureshop is doing 50% off used games as well, in case a game you want is sold out at Best Buy.

Hmm I'm not big on used games but what the hell, I'll scope it out.

Sora_N

None of the vita games I got were on sale at fs. Nothing at bb. I got some 3ds games. Physical revelations for 12.50 is great

Pokemon Rumble Blast $15
RE REvelations $12.50
Mario 3D Land $15

Joeku

Anyone else's Batman just straight up not ship? It now says In Stock on my order page, like it's all good to go but they just...didn't do it.

Anyone else's Batman just straight up not ship? It now says In Stock on my order page, like it's all good to go but they just...didn't do it.

Yeah, same here on BB.

You never know what's going on with them. I had the last God of War show up a day before release and don't think I ever got a shipping notice.

Sweet, just ordered used copies of Animal Crossing, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Star Fox 64 from that Future Shop sale... $50 for all three with taxes, not bad at all. Thanks, SalesGAF!

nordique

@Calgary Gaf: any spotted PS4 stations? Or even PS4 accessories for sale?

I picked up a ps4 controller from northland Eb games today.

Market mall eb games also has tons in stock.

Awesome controller.

daftstar

Gave in and bought Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem: Awakening both for $36 at FS. Hope they come in their original boxes (never bought used games online before).

Top Bottom