• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dazzler

Thanks for the heads up on the half-price pre-owned games. Picked up a new Ratchet + Clank, Valkyria Chronicles and the original Resistance for PS3 for a combined 24 bucks

Gave in and bought Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem: Awakening both for $36 at FS. Hope they come in their original boxes (never bought used games online before).

All used games I've bought from them are complete, though they slap a large label on the back. It's really hard to remove.

espher

This sale would have been way better if ~70% of the titles I had been interesting were available, but I did pick up a few titles. Thanks for the heads-up.

All used games I've bought from them are complete, though they slap a large label on the back. It's really hard to remove.

Blargh. Would have been nice to know... ah well. :3

Man, this 50% off used games is Christmas coming early!

The quality of their used games is MUCH better than EBG. I just ordered Mirror's Edge (finally!!!) and sports resort.

Wondering what else to order.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hope you all ordered everything you wanted. The RFD horde has been alerted, don't expect anything good to be available anymore.

Hope you all ordered everything you wanted. The RFD horde has been alerted, don't expect anything good to be available anymore.
I actually want so many games, don't know where to start! lol The offer is also valid for in store items; just reserved tomb raider for $12.5

Some of the deals are strange: MGR LE for $16.5?
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=be68db061f64079e9eb480ae641ec7f6en02

Anyone wants this? available locally; lol.

edit: OK; I decided not to buy any more games; will take away the joy of actually buying new games later.

i-Jest

I actually want so many games, don't know where to start! lol The offer is also valid for in store items; just reserved tomb raider for $12.5

Some of the deals are strange: MGR LE for $16.5?
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=be68db061f64079e9eb480ae641ec7f6en02

Anyone wants this? available locally; lol.

edit: OK; I decided not to buy any more games; will take away the joy of actually buying new games later.

I can't even get to the page. I assume there's to much traffic.

daftstar

I bought my games a few hours ago and still didn't receive an email confirming my order. Anyone else got this issue?

On the FS website btw.

daftstar

Same here, both for my FS and BB orders!
Only got the paypal confirmation!

Damn.. Hope it still goes through. That email is pretty much the receipt. And I doubt they have an abundant supply of used games...

edit: Just got an email:
We have received your order, and we're working hard to get it to you as soon as we can. Please note that your method of payment will not be charged until your order has been shipped.

Hmm doesn't seem very reassuring.

Lexxism

I see. No wonder FS broke down since the thread at RFD about this 50% deal has 282 people viewing it. Just imagine all of those people attempting to buy :lol

espher

I saw DD:DA for $12.50 and was thinking "sweet, I can get a cheap copy of the original for the bonuses for bringing a character across"... nope, original is also $12.50.

:|

zroid

Banned
I saw DD:DA for $12.50 and was thinking "sweet, I can get a cheap copy of the original for the bonuses for bringing a character across"... nope, original is also $12.50.

:|

I got my friend to lend me his copy of Dragon's Dogma for that purpose :p

because i was intending to get Dark Arisen eventually

I remember someone saying Goo Gone can be used to remove its residues, olive oil too was mentioned as can be used for the same purpose!

Oh my god these fucking stickers. I picked up a used copy of Kirby Return to Dreamland on my way home from work, and the sticker on the back is huge and impossible to remove. I'll have to buy some of that goo gone stuff because olive oil doesn't work at all. I have mangled this case pretty badly trying to get it off. I'm considering buying replacement cases from the Nintendo store for this game and the other ones I ordered; if they use the same size sticker on the 3DS games it will cover half of the back of the box.

Why the fuck do they do this? Two thirds of it is white space for crying out loud. If you need a sticker there as least choose one that is easily removed out of consideration for your customers. Idiots. [/RANT]

Thinking of taking advantage of the PS+ deal that'll get you $10 credit since I've never seen PS+ cards go on sale, but now I'm hearing that PS+ cards will go for $30 during US Black Friday. Anyone know if any Canadian place will also have it on sale or should I just get the current deal?

Thanks, I think I'll pass on that price. Already played through it anyway. Good luck!
Oh, I see! I have played it; but with all the rest of my Wii catalog, my sister and my nephew inherited them after I moved for my grad studies :D

I just couldn't pass on having the music CD either.

Star Fox 3d is finally mine.......

And BestBuy is telling me I have to agree that I'm over 17....wtf
Super Mario Galaxy rated M for Mature; lol

Guess it's because they are included as rating pending.

Gadirok

Site still won't load for me. But I don't think I'm missing out on many games except VC. Didn't really want anything except that.

bs000

Stuff I wanted most was already gone. Had a bunch of stuff in cart, but didn't end up buying anything. Next gen right around the corner and already have too many games to play.

Sora_N

Lol FS already shipped my first order.

I caved, ordered Sleeping Dogs alone and it was still free ship lol.

Order Summary $12.49
Shipping: No charge
Subtotal: $12.49
PST/QST: $0.88
GST: $0.62
Order Total: $13.99

zroid

Banned
Well it didn't ship but my card was already charged.

I was kind of hoping it wouldn't, in case they took 3DL and NSMB2 off the T2 list this weekend. Then I could cancel. Oh well, I can just return the games if need be. Meh

zroid

Banned
Can someone sum up what just happened here? I'm seeing crazy deals for 3DS Nintendo games?

FS and BB did 50% off a selection of used games. Lotta people ordered 3DS stuff because half off first party Nintendo games is a rare treat. :p

Then FS got RFD'd and the site broke for a bit

Deadly

I've never used this new reserve in-store system of theirs and panicked since it was ending at midnight and I wasn't receiving an email. I think I might have reserved a game like 3 times, they're not going to charge me for all of them when I get there right?

zroid

Banned
I've never used this new reserve in-store system of theirs and panicked since it was ending at midnight and I wasn't receiving an email. I think I might have reserved a game like 3 times, they're not going to charge me for all of them when I get there right?

If somehow you did, you can just tell them you only want one when you get there.

Top Bottom