• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

isny

napkin dispenser
So Zelda 3DS hasn't been added yet? Man, FS, geeze.

I actually just realized BB is the better deal isn't it? $20 off of each 3DS title instead of $13.33 off of each title. Hmm...

So far I've done two bundles of three.

Pokemon X
SMT IV
Last of US

and

Dragon's Crown VITA
Stick of Truth
Killzone Mercenaries.

Not sure if I'm going to get Mercenaries but I can just cancel after I receive the other two.

Not sure how I'm going to handle the next gen stuff when it goes up. I have lots of gift cards to use.

If we order a game to a specific console, before or after release, can we switch it up to a different console while still getting the discount?

Just did a third order:

Gran Turismo 6
WWE 2k14
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD

Edit:
And a fourth
Legend of Zelda HD
Mario U
Mario Kart U

Fularu

Banned
Order 1 : SMT IV, Mario And Luigi and Bravely Default
Order 2 : Zelda WWHD, Mario Kart and Mario 3D

Life's good :D

I can't get anything past September because that's when my credit card expires. Bummer.

This has happened to me in the past. Simply change the expiry date on your card to a year in the future (or whatever). Then, when you get your new card, change the expiry date back to a real value.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just did it to fill out an order for $20.

If it's cancelled by FS I may receive a credit for the inconvenience as well.

So if they have cancelled items on their lists, why not order three copies of Star Wars 1313 and just get the 4800 RZ points for free? lol

frequency

Boo I was really looking forward to $20 off 3DS/PSV again. Oh well. I have a few orders now but I don't know if I'll keep them all. I will probably make new ones, remove some games, and reorganise orders before this is over.

I have 4 orders right now. I don't really care for about half of these games so...

I wonder if the under $59.99 games I should order at Best Buy instead... but I never use those points. I've had I think $50 or something of rewards expire already. In-store only for reward certificates is really dumb.

Grimsen

Preordered what I know I'm getting for sure on current gen:

TLOU
South Park
Beyond

Still hoping for PS4 GTA5 and MGS5 announcements, but not getting my hopes up for the former.

Why are you guys making multiple 3 game orders? I have a cart at the moment but the discount is applying to all games I add to it.

Does it crash when you make an order of more than 3?

By the way, what happens if my credit card expires before a game is released? Can I update my payment info?

You can update your payment info online as long as any game in the order has not shipped yet. Once part of your order ships you'll have to call support in order to change your payment info.

Or at least that's how it was last year.

zroid

Banned
Well, this is where things stand right now...

jbxfoT2v9YHqry.png

jgxYEr7e3xcn9.png

jb0ZlKeFpDV7ve.png

jEoyizVEm7fGc.png

Ugh, still have to order Wii U games... man I'm effed

frequency

Why are you guys making multiple 3 game orders? I have a cart at the moment but the discount is applying to all games I add to it.

Does it crash when you make an order of more than 3?

It's just easier for me to keep track of for money and stuff. And I'd rather have separate ones that I can maybe cancel at a later date than one huge order with 20 games on it.

FluxWaveZ

Nope. 36 days after the promotion ends. Read the fine print! =D

"Reward Zone points will be automatically added to your Reward Zone account 36 days after the offer end date."

Haha, and then one would cancel the pre-order after the fact? Sounds sketchy, but hell it might work.

Dunno where people are finding the lists of cancelled games like Star Wars 1313 though. nvm, found it.

Edit: I'd want to cancel my pre-order for SMT IV with GameStop for this deal, but I'm afraid that Future Shop wouldn't receive the Limited Edition Box Set.

zroid

Banned
tthings are going to get complicated if tsilon still does its own thing and, like last year, the codes aren't eligible on all games :V

zroid

Banned
Are you guys sure the Best Buy 4800 points deal will work on all games? It kinda looks as if it's only for the ones that specifically say so. As far as 3DS games go, it seems to be limited to Pokemon X & Y and the Arkham game.

mrgone

Huh. Dark Souls 2 PC seems to be listed as Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in their database. It's preorder only, has a release date of 12/31/2013, and has the correct Dark Souls 2 box art. I say it's probably, like, 50/50 that I'll get a copy of the old game in the mail.

So, it looks like all pre-order games are eligible. If the game is in their database, we can get the discount.

Just to clarify, I think it's all pre-order games under $60. Skylanders Swap Force and Disney Infinity, for example, don't appear to work for a discount.

khaaan

Does anyone have details in terms of what happens if your CC expires? Mine is due for March of next year and I'm worried that Bravely Default (or anything else I might pre-order) wont be out by then.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone have details in terms of what happens if your CC expires? Mine is due for March of next year and I'm worried that Bravely Default (or anything else I might pre-order) wont be out by then.

I think if the payment doesn't get processed when they charge you, you'll get a phone call and they'll attempt to sort it out. But when your card gets renewed, you can still edit the payment information before it ships, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Top Bottom