• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have a cart with 5 games in it and all 5 are getting a $20 discount.

For real? So it's... Order 3, then get 1/3 off every game in your bucket? Not sure if that's how it was intended, but if so, awesome lol.

EDIT: Just checked, same! damnit what do I do now.

Mikey Jr.

Damn, kinda wish Zellers was around.

I feel like I could have probably tricked one of them to sell Last of Us early.

Goddamn this is a good deal. I'm going to order all of the games I'm planning to buy up through September or October with this...after tomorrow and tuesday's press conferences to see if any next-gen versions of current gen games are announced that is.

Also, isn't futureshop historically bad about shipping E3 preorder games on time or something? That worries me a bit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm doing my shopping for the year with that then. At least... for now.

Pre-ordering Pokemon X and Shin Megami Tensei IV which I was gonna get anyway, adding Rome 2 and Watch Dogs.

GTA 5 is only in the promotion for consoles, but not for PC... which kinda sucks, but oh well.

Goddamn this is a good deal. I'm going to order all of the games I'm planning to buy up through September or October with this...after tomorrow and tuesday's press conferences to see if any next-gen versions of current gen games are announced that is.

Also, isn't futureshop historically bad about sipping E3 preorder games on time or something? That worries me a bit.

For me it has been release date shipping 80% of the time... otherwise you get a promo code for a discount in your e-mail as an apology for being late (in my experience, anyway).

Edit:

I put in an order for...

GTAV
FFX|X-2
Dark Souls 2
Tales of Xillia
Assassin's Creed IV
Lightning Returns

Probably will make another order for some other games after tomorrow... we'll see. Not even really sure if I want FFX|X-2 or ACIV but whatever lol

For me it has been release date shipping 80% of the time... otherwise you get a promo code for a discount in your e-mail as an apology for being late (in my experience, anyway).

Sounds good to me then!

For some reason it's not letting me look at my shopping cart anymore...some weird "The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist" error. Well...okay.

Guess i'll head to bed and try again in the morning!

So there's a confirmed rumor that Microsoft is paying third parties not to mention PS4 versions of their games, and mannnnn I hope that doesn't fuck things up for Futureshop's preorder deal.

edit: Where's NHL 14, Futureshop!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
worked for me

edit: I had games I wanted in a cart before the sale went live, maybe that's why?

I'm not getting 20 dollars off... Only 13.33.

Does it not work for Vita/3DS games or something?

Ah, it seems to scale with whatever the price of your game is. 60 gets 20 off, 40 gets 13.33 off.

iiicon

Added SR4, TLOU, SMTxFE, SMT IV and Bravely Default (localization for that was announced?) for a grand total of $201.54. Great deal! Quick question, though - will it charge gift cards before credit cards? I've never done a mixed order, and have $160 in gift cards. I'd rather those used up before my credit card is charged.

KarmaCow

Dumb question: can I refund my preorder at EB and get actual money back? I preordered SMTIV there but this deal is better.

Kinda tempted to get SMTIV, Bravely Default and Dark Souls 2.

Astra

So far I pre-ordered The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, SMTIV and South Park. I'm waiting for MGSV to be available, and I'll do another batch with that and Dark Souls 2. I'll wait and see which game will fill the final spot.

Dumb question: can I refund my preorder at EB and get actual money back? I preordered SMTIV there but this deal is better.

In my experience you get your money back, and not in-store credit or anything.

FireVoa

Never ordered from futureshop before but this is a damn good deal. I'm thinking of snagging Pokemon X/Y for certain, but I'm wondering does the deal work long term too? Like if I preorder Monolith's X Wii U, Super Mario Wii U, and Legend of Zelda Wii U will the deal still work? Or does it have to be games releasing this year?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can anyone else confirm that games less than 60 do not receive 20 off? I just want to know before I order.

Yeah, you can ask for cash back.

Astra

Can anyone else confirm that games less than 60 do not receive 20 off? I just want to know before I order.

They don't. I pre-ordered several handheld games. SMTIV, which is $49.99, is now $33. Dragon's Crown goes from $40 to $27 or so. I also had South Park in with these two, and it got the $20 off, being a $60 game.

Luigi87

Oh damn, FutureShop got smart o_o
No longer one mass shipment of free shipping, they separate each into their own individual shipments...

Luigi87

Wouldn't most of the games still qualify for free shipping, even with the discount?

You're right, they should... But it's not an option for me. I'm forced either Ground $3.99 or Air (lolno)

Edit: Checking their Free Shipping page, Pre-order items are no longer eligible. When the heck did this happen?

Astra

You're right, they should... But it's not an option for me. I'm forced either Ground $3.99 or Air (lolno)

Edit: Checking their Free Shipping page, Pre-order items are no longer eligible. When the heck did this happen?

That's odd, all my shipping is free.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Huh, if that's true, I wonder if they're doing that specifically for this event.

YOU SHOULD HAVE RAN OUT OF THE STORE WITH IT

EDIT: The Source usually has those empty cases out yeah? If so, then nothing could have been done D:

The source? Not in the one I frequent. All the sealed games are on display on the display counter behind the cash. Plus, it's broken street date a number of times (I've picked up 2-3 titles before their release from that location), so it's not surprising that corporate probably clamped down by making the computer tell them not to sell the game. It would have been mine otherwise.

lfc11

Neo Member

Yea all my shipping is free too. I ordered Pokemon X and Y and Smash Bros 3DS. Separated into two shipments and both are free. That was like 30 mins ago.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if it's better to order 40/50 dollar games on Best Buy, if they're giving the full points regardless of the game you buy.

The fact that they don't list the points on your actual order makes me fairly skeptical though.

Gxgear

I wonder if it's better to order 40/50 dollar games on Best Buy, if they're giving the full points regardless of the game you buy.

The fact that they don't list the points on your actual order makes me fairly skeptical though.

At $40 it's a wash, since with the $20 certificate it comes out to 1/3 off also like Futureshop, except now you have to spend that $20 in-store. At $50 it's 5% less savings with Best Buy, but again you'd have to spend that certificate.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At $40 it's a wash, since with the $20 certificate it comes out to 1/3 off also like Futureshop, except now you have to spend that $20 in-store. At $50 it's 5% more savings with Best Buy, but again you'd have to spend that certificate.
Is that because of taxes?

KarmaCow

In my experience you get your money back, and not in-store credit or anything.

Yeah, you can ask for cash back.

Cool, and to double check Futureshop will ship the entire package of all the first run SMTIV swag like that huge book right?

Also what happens if I cancel an order when one item has shipped already? I was thinking of doing another order for SSB3DS with some other stuff and I don't think we'll get a release date for that even at E3. There might be a better deal somewhere else by then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is annoying. On the first checkout it shows free shipping, but when I go to payment it adds cost.
At least you can make an order. The page keeps timing out... I just want to order this stuff before I sleep!

Just some quick math:

$40: you spend 40, get 60 worth of stuff - 1/3 off

$50: spend 50, get 70 - just under 30% off, so you actually pay 5% more (71% to 66%)

Go with FS.

Hrm, yeah, I guess that's one way to look at it.

Cool, and to double check Futureshop will ship the entire package of all the first run SMTIV swag like that huge book right?

Also what happens if I cancel an order when one item has shipped already? I was thinking of doing another order for SSB3DS with some other stuff and I don't think we'll get a release date for that even at E3. There might be a better deal somewhere else by then.
You can cancel individual items, but only if you call in.

And the first print edition of SMT4 seems to be for all copies - FS/BB have gotten all the Atlus bonus stuff before, so that shouldn't be a problem.

KarmaCow

You can cancel individual items, but only if you call in.

And the first print edition of SMT4 seems to be for all copies - FS/BB have gotten all the Atlus bonus stuff before, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hmm I guess I'll wait for what else is announced at E3 then. Thanks.

SMTIV, Bravely Default and Mario & Luigi for now then. I'm kinda wary of pre-ordering Dark Souls 2 on PC, I have a feeling that Bamco will go in hard with Steam/TF2 goodies. Or at the very least, GMG will have something comparable anyway.

iphys

Placed my first order: Rayman Legends, Mario Kart U, Zelda U. Just realized they don't have the Wonderful 101 up, and that should be coming out in a few months. Hope it gets added before the sale ends.

Lexxism

Placed my order on Pokemon X, Smash Brothers and SMTIV. So far, I got $13.33 off to Pokemon X and Smash Bro and $16.67 for SMTIV.

Gxgear

Might not be a bad idea to put down a pre-order on 1313. Cancelled orders usually come with some reimbursements.

If you guys are having issues with shipping it's probably because the order defaulted one of your items to pay for shipping and for some reason that makes you pay for all the other items as well.

Happened to me. One item was defaulted to air shipping at the rest were $3 something ground. Changed the air one to free and all the rest became free.

iphys

Might not be a bad idea to put down a pre-order on 1313. Cancelled orders usually come with some reimbursements.

Lol, and what about pre-ordering Trine 2 for Wii U or Tekken for 3DS? If you only wanted to order 1 or 2 games and get the full discount, I don't think those orders will ever go through and get charged to your credit card.

Gxgear

Lol, and what about pre-ordering Trine 2 for Wii U or Tekken for 3DS? If you only wanted to order 1 or 2 games and get the full discount, I don't think those orders will ever go through and get charged to your credit card.

That made no sense. What are you trying to say?

Madouu

Hmm, only preordered 3ds games for now. SMT, Pokemon Y and Mario & Luigi. I'll have to remember to cancel my SMT preorder with amazon then.

Also need to pick up Pokemon X for the girlfriend and Bravely Default maybe, this is going to be expensive.

iphys

Because you have to order games in multiples of 3 to get the full discount, so if you only wanted to buy 1 or 2, then order them along with 2 or 1 games that will never be released so that you only ever get charged for the 1 or 2 games you want and yet get the full discount on them.

Top Bottom