• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

curb

Banned
I'm glad the right thread title was chosen.

Now to sit back and watch everyone talk about their Canada Post nightmares.

Had two items shipping from FS via Canada Post last night and they both shipped in separate boxes with separate tracking numbers.

Still sitting at accepted and nothing else too.

Looks like I won't get them on release.

Ah yes. The smell of a new thread. Now on to business. The resurrection of shipping GAF!

I think she's in wave 3 and not all of wave 3 is up for preorder yet.
thats the problem. I know she's wave 3, and while EB, bestbuy and even God damn Walmart has online ordering, target doesn't.

Sooo about that Shulk Amiibo guys. Lets keep in mind that nothing is confirmed but I really hope EB Games doesn't do this. http://nintendonews.com/2014/12/rumor-shulk-amiibo-gamestop/

Do what I'm doing, and order one from the US site. It ends up costing double with shipping, but that's still cheaper than what it COULD cost.

Does anyone know if Rosalina has been announced as a retailer exclusive anywhere? Or is she just not up for preorder for some random reason?

Zing

Banned
So, not only did Best Buy not ship Captain Toad until yesterday, but they charged me the old MRSP of $65. I'm not even sure I want to deal with them anymore. I'll just return it and keep my Walmart copy. How does this shit happen in an era of complete computerization of retail?

zroid

Banned
So, not only did Best Buy not ship Captain Toad until yesterday, but they charged me the old MRSP of $65. I'm not even sure I want to deal with them anymore. I'll just return it and keep my Walmart copy. How does this shit happen in an era of complete computerization of retail?

what

how

i-Jest

Not sure if this has been posted already, but NCIX has Driveclub (PS4) on sale for $39.99. Link

Sold out :(

So is arcademy still a thing?

I think it is. Don't know how active members are though.

No. The $20 shipped is with Japan's local postal operator. So you will get your item by Canada Post.

How's there shipping compared to entertainment earth?

Do what I'm doing, and order one from the US site. It ends up costing double with shipping, but that's still cheaper than what it COULD cost.

Does anyone know if Rosalina has been announced as a retailer exclusive anywhere? Or is she just not up for preorder for some random reason?

Are you ordering from Entertainment Earth?

Zing

Banned
I preordered when it was first listed. I ordered when they were offering $10 off. I assumed their system would automatically adjust the price. Apparently not.

The thought of having to contact them and explain the $10 discount (which I don't see explicitly shown anywhere on the invoice or receipt) is daunting. I'd rather just wash my hands of their incompetence.

WALL OF SHAME FROM THE LAST THREAD

Lexxus 657
ohlawd 600
zroid 571
MrBambinoDent 512
i-Jest 449
sweetvar26 445
Sora_N 369
firehawk12 366
DoctorWho 299
Returners 292

Also thread #4 was started in March and it didn't even last a year.

Lexxus 657
ohlawd 600
zroid 571
MrBambinoDent 512
i-Jest 449
sweetvar26 445
Sora_N 369
firehawk12 366
DoctorWho 299
Returners 292

Haha, we both escaped that wall by not having a #11 and #12.

So is arcademy still a thing?

It's still a site, and parts of it are still updated. But the community seems minuscule, which kind of renders a community driven site useless. Plus they don't seem to have any perks anymore. So without a big community for bragging rights, and no perks to work towards (which is probably the main reason there's no community), there's kind of no point in doing the challenges.

Shame, the site is quite attractive, leagues better than Tsilon. Honestly though, it seems like one of those ideas that, when approached by Arcademy to be a potential sponsor for perks, a company would just create their own program for. The idea of Tsilon/Arcademy is rock solid, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see EB Games/BB/Future Shop just open up their own proprietary thing in a couple years.

DaBoss

Haha how do you find that out?
Click the number in the Replies column:
lPtOcPy.png

I preorder Doctor Who Season 8 during their preorder deal on Black Friday and it came out to $76. In store today it's $74.99.

Meh.

I guess I can just get it adjusted. Still annoying that I wasted a deal on it though.

The other half of the deal was GotG steel book. The deal price was $28 and it's $28.99 in store today.

And I don't even think either one is getting shipped to me for today. Meh.

It's still a site, and parts of it are still updated. But the community seems minuscule, which kind of renders a community driven site useless. Plus they don't seem to have any perks anymore. So without a big community for bragging rights, and no perks to work towards (which is probably the main reason there's no community), there's kind of no point in doing the challenges.

Shame, the site is quite attractive, leagues better than Tsilon. Honestly though, it seems like one of those ideas that, when approached by Arcademy to be a potential sponsor for perks, a company would just create their own program for. The idea of Tsilon/Arcademy is rock solid, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see EB Games/BB/Future Shop just open up their own proprietary thing in a couple years.

I was a fairly active member there, and what killed it is what kills most online communities; no updates and poor communication from the site admin.
That said, the site is still technically in beta, and there have been promises of it getting to the next level eventually.

i-Jest

Lexxus 657
ohlawd 600
zroid 571
MrBambinoDent 512
i-Jest 449
sweetvar26 445
Sora_N 369
firehawk12 366
DoctorWho 299
Returners 292

I am not proud.

Just wondering, which retailer would give me the most back for Destiny? Should've done this a long time ago, but I imagine I could still get about $30 back, no? The American WalMart website has the trade in value set at $23, for example

Just wondering, which retailer would give me the most back for Destiny? Should've done this a long time ago, but I imagine I could still get about $30 back, no? The American WalMart website has the trade in value set at $23, for example

I think it was $25 at Eb just over 2 weeks ago.

jzbluz

Deal on PSN

Add $60 to your SEN wallet w/ PayPal and get $10 in PS Store credit at a later date! Good until the 16th.

Good! This way I probably wont have to go to Target. I do hope something interesting goes on sale this week since otherwise I have too much credit to take advantage of this deal.

Top Bottom