• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

You don't need to pay for taxes if you do the trade 3 at EB.

That is good. $9 tax is quite a bit.

Might as well take advantage of the offers. They're good deals. A lot of older games are on the lists, too.

Yup, I think I will. For DA:I, I believe I will trade these:

Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast 2 - PS3 (Gift)
Game & Wario ($12)
Mario & Sonic Olympics 2014 ($12)

Total Cost to Me: $24 + tax

For gift card:

Disgaea 3 - Vita ($40)
Mario Golf World Tour (Free)
Nintendo Land ($10)
Plants vs. Zombies GW - PS4 (Will earn $20, cost me $20+tax, I have digital version, so cost me tax)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Whatever I traded it in for it. I think Rayman Legends or LBP Vita.)

Total Cost to Me: ~$90 (if Rayman) or ~$70 (if LBP) plus tax.

So I am not losing money on this, and I got the enjoyment from these games. The going price for D3, Mario Golf, and PL seems to be $20 on eBay, so I am getting money hassle free.

Kovaelin

A little off topic, but since this is casual, some of you might like to know that McGill students and alumni are qualified to get 1 TB free OneDrive storage right now.

news: http://www.mcgill.ca/it/channels/news/onedrive-students

details: http://kb.mcgill.ca/kb/?ArticleId=5609&source=article&c=12&cid=2#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5609

So is arcademy still a thing?

I still check up on the site somewhat regularly. Like Mhee, I also like to chat with the IRC group. We had a couple fun meetups over the summer too, so it's still a thing to at least some of us.

i-Jest

seeing the wii u adapter listing taken off best buy/FS website isnt encouraging :/

I just hope that order I made on the 27th last month on Walmarts site ships. So far no cancelation was sent out so I count that as a good thing. Should have ordered from Gamestop a couple days ago when they reopened orders.

kasane

Yo dell takes 1 month to ship?

Really?

Glad i was able to get an amazon deal for a new power bank.

Also looking for external hdds if anyone have deals on those

Sora_N

So there's some kind of deal for trading in PvZ (PS4) huh?

I honestly don't have the other games or don't plan to trade those in right now...I was just gonna trade for +30% for an Amiibo or something lol, since I got the digital version free.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wow I thought 2 language covers were bad, now they add Spanish to the lot? For god's sake....
1468833_o.gif

Sora_N

I'm tempted to try to get Dragon Age but I won't even have time to play it, unless it's really amazing or something like the hype has told me.

I have Nintendogs (Golden Retriever) but it's not listed/specified, I don't mind getting rid of that. I still need 2 more games but I could finish Kirby and trade that in as well. I still need a last game, not sure if I could buy any of the other games eligible for less than $20 lol.

Wow actually the gift card deal is way better for me.

I basically get $25 for the copy of Muramasa I've been trying to resell since it became free on Plus (Bought it on Boxing Day last year which I paid $27 or so total...)

Deadly

I hate to talk about shipping but Indigo's system sucks. I had to 'request' a cancellation on Friday for my first order cause I found out we could get another 10% off. It was the weekend after so I figure nothing will happen until Monday. My 2nd purchase went through on Monday and there was no news about the cancellation on the first order, figured it was cancelled properly. Nope, just received shipping notice this morning....

Target Dec 19th - 24th

Ass creed XB1 bundle no kinect $399 with $50 giftcard
Buy 2 select games get $15 giftcard
PS4 TLOU bundle $449 with $50 giftcard
3DSXL $149

Wanna get that xl but i know the new 3dsxl is coming, ugh

Regarding Best Buy's fucked up Theatrhythm release date.

After filling out their online form three times and getting no response, and finally calling in (and getting disconnected and calling in again) they told me that the release date is just listed as December 31st in their servers and that wasn't going to change and they just can't send it to me despite the fact that it has been out for three months. "Where are you getting the information that it has been out since September?" GameFAQs, Wikipedia, Amazon, EB Games, literally any store that sells video games where you can just walk in and buy it right now.

So that's cancelled. Fuckers.

I wonder if we can find an old flyer and send it to them? I'm not sure if it was listed for that week though.

Edit:

Also, what is the Lucario situation in Canada? Is the amiibo exclusive to Toys R Us??

Huh, so Amazon still has the GG Xrd LE listed for December 16th, but it's actually coming out on the 23rd, but even with one day shipping the delivery estimate is still a week long. Gotta kick off the shipping talk right

Costco had it for $40, probably still do. Otherwise, you'll want to wait till boxing day.

Costco had it for $40? Damn, I should have jumped on that. I already made a sort of "Here's what to get" on Boxing Day list. I'm kinda hoping for Diablo 3 RoS PS4 to drop to $30 or whatever, and Drive Club to drop to at least $40. Oh and maybe Xillia 2 (because I've been playing the 'HOW LOW CAN IT GO!?' game with it for a few months) and KH 2.5

antibolo

Banned
The PlayStation Canada twitter account is hilarious right now, every single tweet they post is immediately followed by a barrage of angry replies.

The PlayStation Canada twitter account is hilarious right now, every single tweet they post is immediately followed by a barrage of angry replies.

It's because they're handling this in the dumbest way possible. Why make us wait? The only reason I can think of is so they have an accurate number of units they can acutally allocate to Canada, which gives me little hope in getting one.

This will go one of two ways; 1) they will tweet out that it's available for preorder right that instant, and most people who have been waiting will be fucked, or 2) they will give a few hours/day heads up, and when it DOES go up for order, the site will instantly crash because, let's be honest, it's the Canadian Sony Store site, and it will absolutely crash under that much pressure.

curb

Banned

I often check the replies on the Canadian and main PlayStation Twitter accounts and find it fun to see how dumb people are. People responding to every tweet making it about this anniversary preorder thing though with the Canadian account is just getting pathetic.

Ryde3

Yo dell takes 1 month to ship?

Really?

Glad i was able to get an amazon deal for a new power bank.

Also looking for external hdds if anyone have deals on those

I ordered an Xbox One controller during Black Friday, on Saturday evening, and received it Monday morning. Weird.

Forgot to add these retailers to the list:

Superstore/Loblaws
If I have to see Galen Weston's smug face one more time...
Pros No-tax event, they price-match, PC points
Cons No online store, stock and prices can be iffy

Staples
They might have gotten out of games entirely.
Pros Some deals on their eBay site, they price-match.
Cons They charge to ship to store unless you meet the threshold.

Microsoft Store
Unsurprisingly they only sell XBOX products.
Pros Pretty good prices, free shipping and returns.
Cons Retail locations are rare.

Other retailers
Microplay, London Drugs, NCIX, The Source's eBay site.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Also, what is the Lucario situation in Canada? Is the amiibo exclusive to Toys R Us??
We have no idea what's happening with the four US retailer exclusives here in Canada. Will they still be retailer exclusive to the same stores? Different stores? Not retailer exclusive at all? Not sold at all?

Roto13

We have no idea what's happening with the four US retailer exclusives here in Canada. Will they still be retailer exclusive to the same stores? Different stores? Not retailer exclusive at all? Not sold at all?

I'm anticipating actually having to pre-order a Shulk amiibo from EB Games. Blech. I hate going in there.

ElNino

I'm not sure how it will work with the Amiibo figures, but for Skylanders we typically get similar retailer exclusive characters from the US.

espher

So my KH 2.5 order finally arrived from Future Shop.

Box is damaged, because, they're really good at choosing containers to ship things in.

Doesn't look like my local store has it in stock. Not sure if I should gamble on getting another copy shipped and then return my busted-ass original or if I should go through the RMA process.

Heads up for Vancouver: best buy on Cambie put out a lot of Zelda amiibos. Couldn't find any others from wave 2 though. I did snag a random Wii Fit trainer though

mdubs

Banned
Nice, my copy of the Cowboy Bebop Blu Ray set just shipped from Cineplex, along with two free movie tickets.

That's a damn good deal, 42.99 for the Complete Series of Cowboy Bebop plus two movie tickets. Amazon is selling for $49.99 in comparison.

DJ_Lae

Forgot to add these retailers to the list:

Superstore/Loblaws
If I have to see Galen Weston's smug face one more time...
Pros No-tax event, they price-match, PC points
Cons No online store, stock and prices can be iffy.

Superstore is a gigantic clusterfuck half the time I go in there. For food they're mostly okay, although across their entire inventory clearance prices are an absolute crapshoot. They like to mark things down on the shelves and then not make any changes to the system, so you either have to wait forever in checkout or go to customer service after and wait forever for someone to verify (the latter is preferable as you'll get it free or $10 off). It's gotten to the point where any clearance item I buy, I either check with someone (if I can find anyone, and I'll get to this later) or I take a picture of the shelf tag.

Finding someone to actually ask a question of is an ordeal in itself. I usually see no employees in the store other than cashiers at the front, some bored looking dude at the cell kiosk, a few women in the sushi bar and someone in the deli. Other than that, good luck. Even customer service will have a hell of a time getting someone to open a locked game case or check a price or do anything.

QaaQer

Superstore is a gigantic clusterfuck half the time I go in there. For food they're mostly okay, although across their entire inventory clearance prices are an absolute crapshoot. They like to mark things down on the shelves and then not make any changes to the system, so you either have to wait forever in checkout or go to customer service after and wait forever for someone to verify (the latter is preferable as you'll get it free or $10 off). It's gotten to the point where any clearance item I buy, I either check with someone (if I can find anyone, and I'll get to this later) or I take a picture of the shelf tag.

Finding someone to actually ask a question of is an ordeal in itself. I usually see no employees in the store other than cashiers at the front, some bored looking dude at the cell kiosk, a few women in the sushi bar and someone in the deli. Other than that, good luck. Even customer service will have a hell of a time getting someone to open a locked game case or check a price or do anything.

haha, yeah. I worked there years ago in dairy. That smell, my good that smell...Good motivation to stay in school.

edit: protip, make sure your cheese/meat/dairy are actually cold, and be sure to check the expiry dates.

Top Bottom