• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Lexxism

Didn't work for me, would only allow me to add 5$ 10$ 25$ 50$ or 150$ (or the exact amount I needed)... do you have to make a purchase for that amount?

You don't need to put the exact $60 to be qualified in this promo. You just need to make sure you added a $60 or more to your account during the promo.

Sweet Ivy

You don't need to put the exact $60 to be qualified in this promo. You just need to make sure you added a $60 or more to your account during the promo.
Oh, so they don't need to be added all together?
I can just add another 30$ or so (already added 30$) and qualify?

espher

So my KH 2.5 order finally arrived from Future Shop.

Box is damaged, because, they're really good at choosing containers to ship things in.

Doesn't look like my local store has it in stock. Not sure if I should gamble on getting another copy shipped and then return my busted-ass original or if I should go through the RMA process.

Correct answer was to order online because they were of no help via e-mail or by phone, but by the time I went to do that the remaining copies had apparently sold out.

A+++ would use again.

FS/BB are the worst for shipping because most things go into a bubble mailer.

But if you order a steelbook, they'll ship that in a box.

BadWolf

If I'm going to buy stuff from AmiAmi, what shipping should I choose? SAL registered or unregistered?

SAL unregistered, used it for all my orders so far.

Iirc registered is pointless since it doesn't track the package once it leaves Japan.

Luigi87

At the Target I work at, we only have a new spot for the Zelda Amiibo, coming Friday... Though there is also a peg that says assorted Amiibo.

Did they ever go on preorder in Canada? I only saw someone offering on on Kijiji for $1000 but never seen it at any Canadian store!

Nah, Playstation Canada is being mean...

I often check the replies on the Canadian and main PlayStation Twitter accounts and find it fun to see how dumb people are. People responding to every tweet making it about this anniversary preorder thing though with the Canadian account is just getting pathetic.

Well, while I agree that they are abusing, they told us that we'd know how to pre-order for Canada by watching the keynotes last Saturday. Nothing happened during the event. A few hours later, it appears for pre-order or US Twitter, should have too on the CA one. Wait longer, an announcement to tell us to keep checking this week appears. People wonder if it will just pop as a link out of nowhere, going to people who have time to check their Tweets all day long. They get tired to wait.

Today they replied to someone:

Stay tuned to our Twitter! Fans will be the 1st to receive info on the 20th anni. edition PS4's availability in Canada

It's worded weirdly, creates doubt about the initial plan of being able to pre-order it on the Sony store.

I need a Zelda amiibo :|

Hope I can get one on Friday at Best Buy... have a $10 RZ cert to use

Could not resist pre-ordering one at Futureshop.ca. I hope that she will look good. If not, I will head there asap to see if there is some. If there is, I will trade for a better one.

i-Jest

regards the Anniversary PS4s, you can be sure RFD is standing by with multiple accounts to get their hoarding on

With all the talk of adapters and Amiibo's I completely forgot about this. Not like I'm going to have the money to purchase one but it would be nice to have the means.

EDIT:

How is Sony Store when it comes to preorders? It's not like EB Games new set up where you can't cancel online is it?

Remember guys, the EB Games site has both little mac and diddy available for preorder! Don't dick around with these and try to hunt them down, just grab them while you can.

For what it's worth though, I don't ethink Diddy will be one of the rare ones.

Sora_N

Remember guys, the EB Games site has both little mac and diddy available for preorder! Don't dick around with these and try to hunt them down, just grab them while you can.

Diddy sold out first on FS and BB. I think this wave might be under shipped. Lots of Zelda for sure though

espher

FS/BB are the worst for shipping because most things go into a bubble mailer.

But if you order a steelbook, they'll ship that in a box.

It was in a cardboard mailer this time.

Except it was jammed in, nice and snug like, as though someone had to force it in. And then probably got squeezed a bit being handled.

isny

napkin dispenser

EB stores all had them in stock today. Went to a couple of locations and they had all three in stock.

EB stores all had them in stock today. Went to a couple of locations and they had all three in stock.

Ahh, then maybe the Zeldas at best buy wasn't as lucky as I thought.

I kind of dont like that. If Nintendo is going to create such a scarcity of some of these, then they should at least uphold street date so people actually have a fair shot at getting them. If I went to Future Shop on Friday right at open, and found out they'd all been sold days earlier, I'd be right pissed.

isny

napkin dispenser
I realized today I have way too many games that I picked up during black friday while down in the U.S.. My loss is your gain. Shoot me a message if you're interested in any of these titles (most are brand new and sealed.)

Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Theatrythm Curtain Call
Smash Bros 3DS
Pokemon Alpha
Mario Golf 3DS
Layton VS Ace Attorney

ohlawd

isny, pls tell me you already own all of those and those are only extras

I can't fathom deciding to not play Metroid Prime Trilogy and stuff cuz backlog

isny

napkin dispenser
isny, pls tell me you already own all of those and those are only extras

I can't fathom deciding to not play Metroid Prime Trilogy and stuff cuz backlog

I know, but I got my credit card bill and realized I overspent. I may still sit on Metroid and get to it, just wanted to see if there was any interest as I'd rather get as close as possible to retail now for the others and then buy them back up used at a much better price in the future.

BTails

I got a bigger than expected year-end comission, so I jumped on the Microsoft store's Xbox One deal today: Assassin's Creed Bundle, Halo MCC, and a second controller for $416 after tax (AB)... Not too bad. Got a fun weekend of beer and co-op ahead of me!

Lexxism

NEW DEAL

fCmLHIJ.png

http://www.saveland.ca/ToysRUs/flyer/14056/170276/#top-flyer

Top Bottom