• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
I am in Toronto with the same issue. That's usually a lot less of a problem but it's making me nervous. There is a notification that Canada Post's tools are running slower than usual so maybe updates are taking longer.

Hopefully it's just slow updating for both of us!

Aw that sucks :(.

Mine is finally in Markham so I'm patiently awaiting its arrival

EDIT: Omg the tracking site says it's in the community mailbox!

That's awesome!

Canada Post says Gears of War got here at 9AM today

Canada Post didn't even hit up my building and it wasn't in my mailbox

God damn it

Luigi87

Ugh, accidentally bought Mega Man Legacy Collection for Steam on GMG. I really didn't intend to get the game, but I wanted to see the Paypal USD->CAD conversion, but clicking continue didn't take me to a confirmation page like I expected, but instead paid.

It came to $16.35 CAD, but I really didn't wish to spend the money, so if anyone is interested in buying it for $14 CAD via Paypal, let me know.

Games at the Source (sorry, no links)

Mario Tennis, Golf 3DS $19.96
Pokemon X, Y, Link Between Worlds $24.96

Captain Toad, Kirby Canvas $34.96
DK Tropical Freeze, 3D World $39.96

Maximus.

ITT people never learn Amazon is inconsistent about release day delivery. Like a broken record, repeating the same thing over and over.

Madden is $59.99 on PSN Canada.

That may change when they start updating the store for their afternoon updates.

They frequently have pricing errors in our favour on release day.

Add Fed Ex to the couriers who don't bother trying to deliver. My friend's Xbox One that I had shipped to my place just got an exception that no one was home. That's strange. Where am I then?

Of course, there are bad apples in all of these courier companies.

kennah

The source cancelled my lbp Kart order :( too bad. My son loved it when we had ps plus. But we don't have a sub anymore.

Of course, they shipped the two starter kits already and I can't cancel them :p

StevieP

Banned
Ugh, accidentally bought Mega Man Legacy Collection for Steam on GMG. I really didn't intend to get the game, but I wanted to see the Paypal USD->CAD conversion, but clicking continue didn't take me to a confirmation page like I expected, but instead paid.

It came to $16.35 CAD, but I really didn't wish to spend the money, so if anyone is interested in buying it for $14 CAD via Paypal, let me know.

Sold this yet?

Zeeman

Hmm, $35 for Captain Toad...

Also, is the online scene still active for Mario Golf?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
$4 more doesn't even seem that bad for me. especially after the Mega Green Yoshi bomb got dropped last night.

we're in a bad place right now...
$60 for amiibo. Harper, this is what you wanted right?

terrible

Banned
Shipping hype that's why

I still think it's stupid how they scanned mine ad delivered before they actually delivered it. They better shove it in my mailbox by the time I get home.

That's pretty common for me. I guess they scan it as delivered as soon as they head out with it. I've personally never failed to get it by the end of the day when they've done that. It worried me the first couple times but now I know what's going on when it happens.

kevin1025

Banned
That's pretty common for me. I guess they scan it as delivered as soon as they head out with it. I've personally never failed to get it by the end of the day when they've done that. It worried me the first couple times but now I know what's going on when it happens.

Last month I had something marked for delivery, saw the Canada Post truck go by and leave without delivering it, and then six hours later a neighbor dropped it off to me. That made me weary of that system of scanning it before delivering it properly.

Mimosa97

Is La Source leaving the videogame retail business ? They've been liquidating stocks for a few weeks now.

Is La Source leaving the videogame retail business ? They've been liquidating stocks for a few weeks now.

I doubt it. The stores seem to be small inventory, mall stores, compared to big-box stores, and that allows low prices by not jamming up limited shelf space with ancient games and products.

Holding onto inventory that's unsold is pricey.

Mimosa97

I doubt it. The stores seem to be small inventory, mall stores, compared to big-box stores, and that allows low prices by not jamming up limited shelf space with ancient games and products.

Holding onto inventory that's unsold is pricey.

It makes sense but I don't remember them selling games for a dime before.

ITT people never learn Amazon is inconsistent about release day delivery. Like a broken record, repeating the same thing over and over.

Any game that I'm really looking forward to, I no longer order with Amazon. So, Until Dawn and Phantom Pain, I canceled from Amazon and will purchase from EB/BB. Mad Max, I left it with Amazon.

Roto13

Those are not clearance game prices for the Nintendo stuff. The 99 cents for old things like PS All Stars and LBP Karting are definitely clearance prices but those are exactly the kind of old games that stores would want to get rid of at this point. I don't think it means anything.

Zeeman

Those are not clearance game prices for the Nintendo stuff. The 99 cents for old things like PS All Stars and LBP Karting are definitely clearance prices but those are exactly the kind of old games that stores would want to get rid of at this point. I don't think it means anything.

Yeah, Captain Toad and Kirby are only $10 off. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it to grab Toad now or wait to see if I can grab it for $20 on kijiji at some point. (Or it goes out of print and the price shoots up like Pikmin or W101)

terrible

Banned
Any game that I'm really looking forward to, I no longer order with Amazon. So, Until Dawn and Phantom Pain, I canceled from Amazon and will purchase from EB/BB. Mad Max, I left it with Amazon.

I put all the games I need to have day one into one order and just paid the extra $4 per game to get day 1 shipping. I'm 2/2 so far. Even with the extra $4 they're still cheaper than the BB E3 games.

Achtius

In a separate email right? Don't think I got the email, only got the shipping notification from yesterday.

edit: just contacted amazon.ca, they just gave me a code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom