• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

Super impressed by Staples customer support. First they charged me the price without the coupon and they cancelled it right away upon me telling them. Then I purchased the PSN codes again but the physical copies, CSR was happy to change it to the digital versions instead.

Lexxism

Hmm, Still no email with my codes....
Someone from RFD mentioned this,

Contacted live chat, she says, "credit issue" and to call 800 number.

Called 800 number, lady says no issue, just processing about 200 of these orders right now and have to be verified via your institutions before they are processed and codes emailed. I used an AMEX, she says VISA is typically fastest. Switched payment method to VISA with her on the phone, no need to cancel or re-order. I checked same order page on Staples site, now shows my VISA as payment method. Will continue to wait and report back when codes arrive.

and I got a call from Staples to verify my order. I used my mastercard on that. I guess that's the reason why the code hasn't been sent?

killroy87

Called 800 number, lady says no issue, just processing about 200 of these orders right now and have to be verified via your institutions before they are processed and codes emailed. I used an AMEX, she says VISA is typically fastest. Switched payment method to VISA with her on the phone, no need to cancel or re-order. I checked same order page on Staples site, now shows my VISA as payment method. Will continue to wait and report back when codes arrive.

and I got a call from Staples to verify my order. I used my mastercard on that. I guess that's the reason why the code hasn't been sent?

Ah, fair enough. I can wait, I just want to make sure they come

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
To the people getting the $100 in PSN credit for $80: will you roll the dice by not renewing PS+ right away in the hope that PSN has a "Spend $X Get $Y Back" promo before they possibly raise the price of PS+ in Canada? I'm thinking about it.

Vinc

To the people getting the $100 in PSN credit for $80: will you roll the dice by not renewing PS+ right away in the hope that PSN has a "Spend $X Get $Y Back" promo before they possibly raise the price of PS+ in Canada? I'm thinking about it.

Do PS+ renewals even count towards those promos anyway?

vulva

At this rate you'd be effectively paying 80 bucks for several free games a month that you most likely won't care about but maybe you will.

Mimosa97

You get better discounts during sales and new " free " games every month but they've been pretty meh for a few months now.

You're not going to play COD online ?

The last time they had the spend $100 deal, I bought 2 years of psn and received the credit. The wording was to spend $100 from your psn wallet, so that included psn+ and preorders.

Usually it says in the fine print if it will work or not. I do remember the times before that, psn+ did not work, nor did preorders.

Ryne

Free games + discounts on their promotion?
Free games is a plus, but I tend to not purchase digital games. I prefer physical when I can.

I think if I do go for it, I'll buy all those games I missed when the PS4 first came out to now if they are much cheaper (driveclub, infamous to name my two most wanted)

At this rate you'd be effectively paying 80 bucks for several free games a month that you most likely won't care about but maybe you will.
Yeah, that's the problem I face. Do I want to pay for a service that I most likely won't use (those free games)? I don't know yet.

You get better discounts during sales and new " free " games every month but they've been pretty meh for a few months now.

You're not going to play COD online ?

Nope, it is still in the wrapping with the nuketown code. Never got around to selling it/giving it away.

I don't like FPS, not good at them at all with a controller and don't generally find them fun.

I'm nervous, I just resubbed in November but I keep thinking they'll raise the price any day now. Gonna try to hold out a bit though.

Yes.

The Bayo 2 dream is dead. Support even hung up on me when I asked about a third party seller discount.

I give up, I guess I'll go digital when there's an eShop sale.

Ventara

Has this always been the case at EB?

I bought a used DS game there 2 days ago, but the cart was busted and didn't work. When I went to return it, they couldn't refund my debit card and just offered me a gift card. Reason being is that I "opened" the used game, lol. Before, if something like this happened, I was able to get a refund using the method of payment I used.

SickBoy

Man, I would've ordered two $50 cards if I'd read more about it instead of just leaping on it the moment I read about it over at RFD (though it might not have been so well known that you could get the two $50s at that time). Still, I imagine I'll still be using PS+ in two years, so it's all good :)

Firestorm

Apparently I entered my credit card expiry date wrong which is weird because I use my password manager / form filler which didn't screw it up the other times I used it... Phoned them and got my monies.

I can't seem to find if they do digital delivery for other things like iTunes cards or Microsoft money?

Lexxism

Apparently I entered my credit card expiry date wrong which is weird because I use my password manager / form filler which didn't screw it up the other times I used it... Phoned them and got my monies.

I can't seem to find if they do digital delivery for other things like iTunes cards or Microsoft money?
Check your order. There should be [download] at the end of it. If not, they will mail it to you. I think you can contact them to change it to digital.

Bayo 2 update: Amazon.ca transferred me to Amazon.com who want me to pay $92 + $18 shipping for it.

yeaaah...no

They tried to offer that to me also, but they were going to pay the difference. But the item they had linked to was from a third party seller that wouldn't ship to Canada.

Oh my god. My boyfriend just bought a\ shower curtain at Giant Tiger in generic packaging because it looked red and he liked the colour. We just opened the package and it's a giant confederate flag. WTF. Why would they even sell this?

terrible

Banned
Holy crap, an actual discount on PS+. I never thought we'd see the day. When I tried that RFD thing this morning the $20 off $100 code I generated was saying it was already used. Tried it again just now and it worked. Yesss.

Oh god, I was afraid something like the bolded would happen if people ever figured out that trick. Hopefully this isn't a dark harbinger.

Holy crap, an actual discount on PS+. I never thought we'd see the day. When I tried that RFD thing this morning the $20 off $100 code I generated was saying it was already used. Tried it again just now and it worked. Yesss.

I didn't think we'd see discounted cards again, especially after Xbox switched to actual, regional currency.

Points were better.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This isn't the first time PSN money has had a deal. The last one was back in June from boxeddeal.com.

terrible

Banned
I didn't think we'd see discounted cards again, especially after Xbox switched to actual, regional currency.

Points were better.

I way prefer money over points. It was annoying having to convert the points to money in my head when trying to figure out if something was worth buying or not.

This isn't the first time PSN money has had a deal. The last one was back in June from boxeddeal.com.

It's the first time I've seen it on sale from a major retailer since I bought two years worth on boxing day two years ago. I don't doubt I missed a couple sales here and there but I do check RFD and here almost daily so it wasn't from a lack of trying on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom