• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My coupon didn't go through, and I had to pay full price. I got the order cancelled, then asked support because I tried to use it again and it didn't go through so I wanted them to override it. The lady said, "Sorry, we don't allow codes for cards."

Interesting...Hopefully your second, successful order goes through.

Ken Adams

Does anywhere beside Amazon sell the new Astro a40 TR set up for xbox one? I tried looking on bestbuy.ca but they only have the ps4 version and ebgames only has the old version.

I really only want the mixamp but no where sells that alone in Canada.

I got a mixamp mint condition and all the cables on kijiji for $60 in mississauga. u can try that

Well...I just spoke to Staples CS rep over chat. Nathalie (highly recommended) switched out the cards for me instantly. No questions asked. No fuss. So I'll be getting the download codes instead of the physical cards.

Firestorm

Ah ok so first go here and get your code...

http://smartcanucks.ca/staples-canada-coupon-save-20-when-you-spend-100-online-or-in-store/

Buy 2 $50 network cards to avoid the filler...

http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStatio...-10&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-l9XTDJoDD5YiNR4TAi5d2Q

Ignore the shipping and taxes that shows up (even after the purchase has been completed).

Then go to the PS store and buy your yearly subscriptions to PSN.

Got it! Now are they actually mailing these cards out or are they sending out codes to redeem them?

EDIT: Added the link to the download codes instead of the snail mail card.
Thanks! This was super clear. How long is it taking people to get their codes?

It's a $29.99 PSN preorder right? HMmm. maybe next paycheck. But I gotta have me that retail copy though.

What's taking NIntendo of Canada so long with these Bravely Preorder? I don't want to have to wait for another price hike to preorder
of course they are waiting for another price hike to open preorder.

jayu26

So, friends and I are planning on going to Cuba (for one week) and then to Disney World (for another week) in May; and I just keep staring at the loony. Fuck!

I mean loonie, but it is loony.

I am still the only one showing a cancel?

That's weird. Gonna be back at the office soon.

Staples rep does not know why my order was cancelled. At all.

She assumes it's a credit issue but I see that my card was charged. She says they should be refunding.

I guess I will have to generate a code and hope that works.

Edit: Put through another order this time for PSN $50 codes and it worked again. Lets see what happens. All is good as long as that first transaction is refunded.

Really strange that I didn't get a cancellation email or reason for that first order.

Lol'd, Trudeau save us please.
A83eINq.gif

Gravity Rush Remastered is actually $29.99 for us on PSN?

I feel like im being tricked.

Sometimes they accidentally charge us the US price.

There is a Rainbow Six Siege offer that is only $59.99 and comes with $10 of in game credit that is cheaper than the $79.99 regular version.

check your spam folder maybe? I used gmail and the order email went to my updates tab but the codes were emailed to my main inbox

I checked, definitely not there. Using gmail as well.

But my order page also still shows the order as processing.

Ah well, goes through then great, if it doesn't it's not that big a deal.

Off of download code page...

Downloadable Software is nonrefundable and nonreturnable. When you purchase this item an electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc., normally within 24 hours after completing your purchase. You will not be shipped a CD or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order. Please note: A delivery charge may appear on your initial invoice however, this charge will be credited to your account once your order has been confirmed. There is no delivery charge for Electronic Download Orders.

Hmm I wonder if they cancelled my original order due to the fact that I was having a $1 item shipped and buying digital download PS+ codes.

It's my only explanation.

Naite

I checked, definitely not there. Using gmail as well.

But my order page also still shows the order as processing.

Ah well, goes through then great, if it doesn't it's not that big a deal.
In the same boat. Ordered 2 digital $50 psn codes 3 hours ago and its still processing. Maybe theyre fulfilling the orders that come in last first?

Not too worried either, I already renewed my ps+ a few months ago, but topping it off would be nice.

In the same boat. Ordered 2 digital $50 psn codes 3 hours ago and its still processing. Maybe theyre fulfilling the orders that come in last first?

Not too worried either, I already renewed my ps+ a few months ago, but topping it off would be nice.

I just did an order recently and haven't seen anything.

My first order was cancelled for unknown reasons like I mentioned earlier.

Ventara

Sorry, how do I generate the $20 off code? Do I click on the "Click here to print your $20 coupon?"

Edit: Had to disable adblock. Looks like the deal is dead.

Edit 2: No wait, it still produced one for me.

Just an FYI, when they cancelled my first order they never sent me a cancellation notice so if you're not checking your status you might want to take a look.

Most people seem to be having no issues though.

CS rep won't offer any way for me to get Bayo 2, even through Amazon.com or a third party seller. They offered to honor the price for when it comes back in stock, but that won't help when the single disc version is being released soon.

I guess I'll have to wait until I'm done with class to contact someone else.

CS rep won't offer any way for me to get Bayo 2, even through Amazon.com or a third party seller. They offered to honor the price for when it comes back in stock, but that won't help when the single disc version is being released soon.

Maybe keep an eye out on other retailers to see if they drop the price on their current stock before the single disc edition is released. Sounds crazy but it's always possible.

Try another rep.

trebbble

Ah ok so first go here and get your code...

http://smartcanucks.ca/staples-canada-coupon-save-20-when-you-spend-100-online-or-in-store/

Buy 2 $50 network cards to avoid the filler...

http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStatio...-10&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-l9XTDJoDD5YiNR4TAi5d2Q

Ignore the shipping and taxes that shows up (even after the purchase has been completed).

Then go to the PS store and buy your yearly subscriptions to PSN.

Got it! Now are they actually mailing these cards out or are they sending out codes to redeem them?

EDIT: Added the link to the download codes instead of the snail mail card.

Thanks for this, I needed to re-up my PS+ next month. Perfect timing!

Naite

Finally got my codes from staples in the email. Didn't have to talk to anyone or do anything else. Good luck to everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom