• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebbble

I have done some digging and I think there is going to be more frustrating issues.

I bought their extended warranty within the first year of the console's life cycle. Apparently, hidden in the fine print of their terms and conditions it states that it doesn't apply if you don't buy the extended plan within 30 days of the console purchase date.

Of course that didn't stop them from taking my money for the protection plan in September of 2014.

In May of 2015 they changed this to reflect that you can purchase the extended plan within a year of a PS4 purchase.

Was checking reddit and saw this thread from someone else who had the same issue - https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2muc5i/ps4_customer_service_will_not_recognize_extended/

I remember reading through the store page at the time and I don't recall this being listed. They also don't offer any direct link to their terms and conditions. It's a really shady business practice to allow the sale of a warranty that won't apply to the console it's being purchased for.

They claim they are sending me a box now. We will see. I am almost nervous to send it into them just in case they start asking for money on the repair. I would honestly rather just keep it and work on fixing the disc drive issue myself as there are a few fixes available online.

I have had to deal with Sony support a few times this past year and it has never been a good experience. It's frustrating considering how much I like my Sony systems.

Damn, this has got me a bit nervous. I have been having intermittent disc problems as well with my launch PS4, and I had purchased the extended warranty early on through my console from the Playstation store.

Your story got me to go back and check both their posted T+C and my receipt. Lo and behold, 30 days on Sony's website, but nothing that I can see in my I purchased the extended warranty about 40 days after purchase. Like you, I distinctly remember making sure I was still within the purchase window, as I never buy extended warranties, but made an exception this time because it was launch hardware.

Please keep us updated on how it goes for you... fingers crossed that it goes well!

On one hand I should really cancel my FS order because I really need the money...

On the other hand the savings are ridiculous at this point.

You will never get it for that price again. If you don't want it...flip it. If you think you'll ever want it...hang on tight to your order and never question it. Sell a kidney if times get tough. ;)

i-Jest

Thank goodness BestBuy is still around. If they run a 30% off sale, I can see Amazon.ca matching. They've matched every sale since they got into the E3 Promo game.

As far as deals go, this is probably the bigger picture we should all be looking at.

Preparing my wallet for persona 5 + new order of pricing + Altus tax

Are games actually going to hit 99 bucks?

$35 P5 (PS3) preorder still looking delicious as fuck.

Ondore

If Atlus cancels the PS3 version of P5... I swear to Arceus I'm not buying that game
until the inevitable Atlus PSN sale brings it to $10

Dazzler

I used to have to upsell those extended warranties to people while working at HMV and it was hell to have to do. They were a total scam and then my HMV closed and the company got out of the videogame business. I'd imagine anyone who tried to replace a defective product on one of those warranties had a bad time

i-Jest

If Atlus cancels the PS3 version of P5... I swear to Arceus I'm not buying that game .

That is my one fear with these P5 preorders and I hope it never happens. I'm thinking they'll want to push the PS4 version more so PS3 copies are going to be limited run at release. If someone wants to play the PS3 version they'll have to go digital or brave the hunt.

Firestorm

Gahhhh I had meetings basically all day today and didn't get the Pokemon 3DS bundle. Hopefully Best Buy gets it up when I can pay attention and still at $240. I want a pre-order to be safe if Shoppers doesn't get it in.

A little annoyed that it comes out after both my Pokemon Regionals in February so I won't be able to use it :(

l_79.jpg
welp

LordOfChaos

Ahh, that Dell PS4 ETA date was updated...To 3/3/2016. Agony.

I hoped the update to the 25th of next month would just be breathing room and it would drop down again...Not like this...

Of course but if you look at the dollar right now that's probably the best deal you can get. I'm still crossing my fingers that Sony won't increase the price of PS+

I would bite, but I can't find a code for $20 off. Support said they couldn't help me, but I figured I'd try it.

I've hidden the url to get the $20 off $100 Staples Coupon in this post. Quote to reveal. It is one per IP address.

Done.

They charge tax on them. Can't be sure that's the norm but it's still cheaper than most places. Came out to $90.

Edit: Hmm. Person on RFD didn't get charged tax. WTF?

Lexxism

I've hidden the url to get the $20 off $100 Staples Coupon in this post. Quote to reveal. It is one per IP address.
THANKS! It shows at the checkout that they charge tax on the cards but when I got my order # it says that they didn't charge on it. $81.something

You're doing it wrong. That will generate you a new on on the Staples site.

I clicked the link at the bottom, where it said to print me a code. However, I keep getting taken to the same Staples screen as before.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I don't know.

It's just the Welcome to Staples.ca page...

After placing my order, maybe I should had ordered 2 PSN card instead of 2 PS+. I don't need to add a $1 filler.

Yeah, that would have made more sense.

I would have saved a $1.11. Meh. I won't lose sleep.

I guess I could have used one of those cards towards something other than PS+ though.

The coupon showed in my cart, but didn't work for my order. I got charged the full $100, and had to ask for the order to be cancelled.

Now support tells me that they're sorry, but they don't accept coupons for 2x $50 PlayStation Network cards.

not mine

*hugs extended battery*

I think my battery may be on its way out. I haven't used the thing too much, but that battery light seems to always be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom