• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
EB starts a summer sale tomorrow, it's pretty big. Borderlands: HC for $20, Ratchet & Clank for $30, $30 off Garden Warfare 2 and Fallout 4, $40 off WWE and NBA 2k16, and more.... That's just all I can remember.

Picked up Borderlands for $20, thanks. Also got a Skyward Sword Link Ultra Detail figure for $10. Neat.

Well. They got me.

TWfQowo.png

I should've bought the socks.

Lexxism

Awesome! And I just have to show the person the item from Amazon on my phone?
Yeah, you can do that. Just make sure it is ship and sold by Amazon. (Bestbuy) They are pretty stingy if it is from a 3rd party seller.

I heard walmart is pretty lax with the PM but they don't have the 10% difference that BB offers.

I'm not strong. Walmart pricematched a blue DS4 for me without issue. It's funny, as it was one of the same guys in electronics and I could only show him the ad on my phone. He knew about the sale, though.

He knocked the bag over when he asked me to sign something, but the controller was in its packaging and landed on the back of the box. It wasn't much of a drop, but still bugs me. How crazy is that?

I've always kind of wanted the blue one.

I'm not strong. Walmart pricematched a blue DS4 for me without issue. It's funny, as it was one of the same guys in electronics and I could only show him the ad on my phone. He knew about the sale, though.

He knocked the bag over when he asked me to sign something, but the controller was in its packaging and landed on the back of the box. It wasn't much of a drop, but still bugs me. How crazy is that?

I've always kind of wanted the blue one.

What was the final price?

terrible

Banned
How much were/are the socks?

I'm not sure. I didn't see them when I was there and they don't seem to have any of the socks in that ad on their website. The socks they do have online are $8-10 a pair though so I'm guessing that's around how much the ones in the ad are.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. It's better than nothing. I'm pretty much done with handheld gaming, will use the credit for Doom.

You can easily get $80 on Craigslist/Kijiji, especially for an OLED. Don't do this to yourself!

Socreges

Banned
So I'm moving next week and will be choosing my own internet provider. What do you guys generally suggest? I'm in BC (Victoria). Seems like Juce used to be the cheap option but they're similar to the rest now

I guess everything is a rip-off ?

Yeah, you can do that. Just make sure it is ship and sold by Amazon. (Bestbuy) They are pretty stingy if it is from a 3rd party seller.

I heard walmart is pretty lax with the PM but they don't have the 10% difference that BB offers.

Great. I'll look into it for sure. Thanks so much!

Memnoch

I manage a Walmart store in Canada. Sorry, but it's corporate policy that we do not price match any online retailer including Amazon.

Lexxism

I manage a Walmart store in Canada. Sorry, but it's corporate policy that we do not price match any online retailer including Amazon.
I see. I remember someone were able to do a PM on Amazon. It was even during Boxing day/Boxing day. I guess they got stricter on it.

Question. I bought a while back the Xtreme Gaming Wiimote battery pak and charger at The Source for only $5.

Decided to gave it a try today and so far so good.

Just wondering if there's any major issues and whatnot to watch out for. Any impressions of it?

BTails

FYI, not sure if it's been posted or not, but Lego Dimensions packs are on sale everywhere (Amazon, Best Buy, EB) this weekend. I picked up the Midway Arcade level pack from Amazon.ca for $22.50 (saving $7.50).

Socreges

Banned
So I'm moving next week and will be choosing my own internet provider. What do you guys generally suggest? I'm in BC (Victoria). Seems like Juce used to be the cheap option but they're similar to the rest now

I guess everything is a rip-off ?
Following up. Would you guys recommend Lightspeed? Or if I'm also doing cable does it make the most sense to get an internet/cable bundle with Shaw/Telus/etc?

Spizz

Banned
I also picked up Ratchet and Clank for $30, heard way too many good things about it to pass up. Haven't played a Ratchet game in years, looking forward to it.

iiicon

FYI, not sure if it's been posted or not, but Lego Dimensions packs are on sale everywhere (Amazon, Best Buy, EB) this weekend. I picked up the Midway Arcade level pack from Amazon.ca for $22.50 (saving $7.50).

I've wanted to get this to play with the kids for ages, but the price is still too high. Maybe I'll get lucky on CL.

Following up. Would you guys recommend Lightspeed? Or if I'm also doing cable does it make the most sense to get an internet/cable bundle with Shaw/Telus/etc?

If by "cable" you mean television service (Telus Optik TV isn't sourced from coaxial cable hardware) and you actually want to subscribe to a plan then yeah, you'll get a deal for bundling, not much though.

For speed and stability it really just depends on the area, and how well each company are managing the network (over subscribing, etc). Try one that fits your budget best with the features you want (not many options out there though) and if it doesn't work out, you can switch (try not to sign a contact for freebies!)

Telus's Internet plans have much better upload speeds with the 50 & 100 Mbps plans. You generally get 5-10Mbps more upload than advertised, here's my Speedtest result, the high-ish ping is because I'm on bonded 50Mbps, I believe not all areas require this to get 100Mbps. For those reasons, I will not be switching. I can't comment on their TV service, I haven't had it for over a decade, but I do remember really enjoying the Optiks channel guide a lot more than Shaws.

OT but anyone know of a good canister vacuum? Don't really want to spend more than 150

Don't be me. Been buying $80-$150 vacuums for a decade, every couple of years. Then I smartened up.

Bought a Hoover Linx battery operated one for small jobs (5 years strong, $150 USD), and a dyson upright refurbished ($230) for big jobs. These are excellent. The dyson is SO powerful.

Bro got a Miele one ($400 with a 5 year warranty), uses disposal bags, 4 years still strong. So that's good too.

farisr

I never thought I'd be saying this but I'm really thankful to the US exchange rate (for just this one thing). LOL.

Managed to unload my n3ds XL (+ pokemon x + charger) on ebay for $220. I tried selling on kijiji and was willing to let it go for 160, and still people were coming with 100-120 "offers"

Shipping + ebay fees won't cost more than $40, so I'm gonna get 180+ for this thankfully.

Just a question to cover myself from getting scammed out or something else. I have made video documentation, with the ebay auction + winning bid/username as proof of date, with the serial number of the 3ds and showing that it's fully functional and the charger is working all in one continuous vid so I have covered myself that way. Going to go for insured & tracked shipping for sure, and the user is in good standing, 100% feedback, longtime ebay member (so there shouldn't be any issue there) and I've already received payment via paypal.

Is there anything else I need to do cover myself before shipping it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom