• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

The deal is gone, so I'm guessing it would've been a steal if you purchased it hahah

For some reason, that link redirects it to the Amazon Canada listing.

I placed the order on Amazon US, where the deal is still on, and the price comes up to ~$39 (shipping & import duties included).

:eek:

Chilikar

For some reason, that link redirects it to the Amazon Canada listing.

I placed the order on Amazon US, where the deal is still on, and the price comes up to ~$39 (shipping & import duties included).

:eek:

Oh true, you must've fixed the link then? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, personally

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a good deal?

Digimon Cyber Sleuth for PS4, ~$39, shipping/duties included.

The game's pretty good, I've played like three hours so far. Story's nothing to write home about but the battle system, breeding mechanics, and OST are top tier.
Also, I rented it from the public library so I didn't pay a cent to play it, a humongous plus. :D

orochi91

Check your local library. Mine got more than one copy of Digimon.

Also, I rented it from the public library so I didn't pay a cent to play it, a humongous plus. :D

Wtf?

Libraries rent out games now?

Time to renew my library card XD

The game's pretty good, I've played like three hours so far. Story's nothing to write home about but the battle system, breeding mechanics, and OST are top tier.
This sounds heavenly; can't wait to play the game :3

Oh true, you must've fixed the link then? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, personally

Check your PM.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This sounds heavenly; can't wait to play the game :3

Bruh.

BRUH.

By the way, does anyone know where to buy Battle.net cards in Vancouver? We wanna gift Overwatch (base game, not Origins Edition) to a friend but it ain't possible to do that via the online store.

Past

Has anyone confirmed with their EB Games if they're going to be giving out the Baby Wiston figurine and a poster for the Overwatch pre-order? I talked to two employees about this and they had no idea what I was talking about.

DualShock 4s are also on sale at Amazon.ca for $49.99/$54.99 (Uncharted 4)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00D82Z4YO/

Wtf?

Libraries rent out games now?

The ones near me do, for sure. I think the four major library systems within 30 minutes of me all rent video games, with one actually going as far as to buy games from EB Games around launch.

The others can take 2-4 weeks to get stuff in (ie. one is still waiting for Star Fox). That one has a limited budget and only gets certain games. Sometimes they pick dumb things that won't appeal to everyone.

I'm not saying that Naruto, One Piece, J-Stars, Digimon, etc. are dumb themselves, but for the demographic in this area I don't think they were the smartest purchases. They've been sitting on the shelves when I've gone in. Same with Book of Unwritten Tales 2. They got those, but didn't get Arkham Knight because it was too mature, nor did they get MLB 16: The Show. But they are getting DOOM lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone preorder Zero Escape on Amazon.com when they had the watch preorder available? I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it considering I assume it's not that great a watch. lol

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone preorder Zero Escape on Amazon.com when they had the watch preorder available? I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it considering I assume it's not that great a watch. lol
I did and yes its worth keeping. Those watches are great. Still have mine from vlr. it's nice.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So they're not like dollar store plastic watches?
No. But they aren't 70 dollar watches either. They are fun items to reference the series. (I only have ever seen the 999 watch once, and own the vlr one. No idea about the ztd one since its not out yet)

Sora_N

Not bad at all. I also noticed Nights of Azure is also almost half off.

Edit: The two of them together work out to around to $96 CDN, which would roughly be $42 + tax each. Gonna have to think this over.

Edit 2: Pulled the trigger. Nights of Azure isn't even available in English on the Vita.

What?? It shows 69.99 for me.

zroid

Banned
If you price match Animal Crossing Am***o Festival at Best Buy with Amazon ($28.99), it'll drop to $23.89

the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is Isabelle and Digby don't have regular am***o packaging in this bundle :(

If you price match Animal Crossing Am***o Festival at Best Buy with Amazon ($28.99), it'll drop to $23.89

the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is Isabelle and Digby don't have regular am***o packaging in this bundle :(

I'd wait for it to drop further. It was $32 on May 10, $36 on May 2, and $40 on Apr. 25.

MikeRahl

Hey anyone in here who is part of VitaGAF.

Anyone know what a reasonable price for a Assassins Creed White Vita would be? Upgraded mine to a blue Vita Slim and don't really need a second one.

Amazon shipping has been real weird for me lately. Twice now, what Amazon tells me on the general order status page has differed from the tracking for specific orders. I just got an email telling me my new gaming mouse has shipped. It arrived last Wednesday. Same thing happened with a CD I ordered, where the package arrived (and had tracking on Amazon if you hit "Track Package" on that specific order) well before Amazon even sent me a shipping notice or showed it as shipped on the main order status page. Anyone else notice this?

imBask

Banned
Amazon shipping has been real weird for me lately. Twice now, what Amazon tells me on the general order status page has differed from the tracking for specific orders. I just got an email telling me my new gaming mouse has shipped. It arrived last Wednesday. Same thing happened with a CD I ordered, where the package arrived (and had tracking on Amazon if you hit "Track Package" on that specific order) well before Amazon even sent me a shipping notice or showed it as shipped on the main order status page. Anyone else notice this?

I don't know but right now I have 2 notices telling me I "asked for a different shipping address", which i've never had before even when I ordered stuff at work...

Ventara

What?? It shows 69.99 for me.

As Red already pointed out, yeah, I bought it on the US site. I guess the link is redirecting you to the Canadian site?

Whoah, that's a pretty good price. Will pick up at BB.

I'd wait for it to drop further. It was $32 on May 10, $36 on May 2, and $40 on Apr. 25.

Hmm, think I'll just buy it now and return it if it drops further.

But that
fucking
steel case
piece of shit
!

That's what I thought but I said fuck it and bought the digital any way. Saw a steel case copy sitting on the shelf at EB and kind of regretted my decision. Oh well. Not a big deal. I still have the game for $10 less.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No. But they aren't 70 dollar watches either. They are fun items to reference the series. (I only have ever seen the 999 watch once, and own the vlr one. No idea about the ztd one since its not out yet)
Hah, fair enough. I just wonder if it's worth keeping since I have a "cheaper" preorder on Amazon.ca.

Also, still no news about DOAX. Rip customs.

superbad

Hey anyone in here who is part of VitaGAF.

Anyone know what a reasonable price for a Assassins Creed White Vita would be? Upgraded mine to a blue Vita Slim and don't really need a second one.

I personally would not pay more than $80-$100 from a private seller. I picked up a refurbished unit from MTC a month ago for $129 with warranty and it's like new. Sold my slim after that.

Kyolux

Done. Thanks.

I am buying far too many games lately.

Think I'm just freaked out with surgery coming up. I will need some games for my recovery as well.

Man. I have something like that coming up too, but still a bit more than a year to go before that big s-day.

I've been not buying it on every possible price drops/deals and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to pass on this. Just not sure if I'd ever get to play this with the person I'd enjoy playing it with.

Oh well, I'm sure there's going to be other sales for it. Worse case on PSN.

Clive

any suggestion for a 5$ item to add to my Until Dawn purchase? :lol

I add physical PSN cards but they don't have them for $5. I think $20 might be the lowest but I spend that amount eventually anyway. I have also added shampoo because why not? I need that too.

Kyolux

Man. I have something like that coming up too, but still a bit more than a year to go before that big s-day.

I've been not buying it on every possible price drops/deals and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to pass on this. Just not sure if I'd ever get to play this with the person I'd enjoy playing it with.

Oh well, I'm sure there's going to be other sales for it. Worse case on PSN.

Gdi.. I have so little willpower. Ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom