• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
What the hell men the Switch is not that comfortable to play laying down. A bit heavy and flat to hold, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds like you need that arm thing that holds a tablet over you while in bed. Then just hold the joycons or use the grip and play away!

Gitaroo

What the hell men the Switch is not that comfortable to play laying down. A bit heavy and flat to hold, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't consider it a portable device myself. Took it with me for a long and short trip, too big and very incontinent. Wish Nintendo had split it into a dedicated console and a dedicated portable sku. They can probably cut down the price as a console by removing the screen and max out the clock speed for high performance running games at higher resolution.

Anyone have suggestions for places to buy some simplistic pastel colour shirts? Nothing too expensive, but I do want good quality. I like shops like Uniqlo, WEGO, H&M, and Yes Style.

I have this backpack and want some cute shirts (and jackets eventually) that will compliment it:

24.jpg

Nicodemic

I don't consider it a portable device myself. Took it with me for a long and short trip, too big and very incontinent. Wish Nintendo had split it into a dedicated console and a dedicated portable sku. They can probably cut down the price as a console by removing the screen and max out the clock speed for high performance running games at higher resolution.

I knew Nintendo shitted on their customers but that is one step too far...

Socreges

Banned
🤔

CRA5H

Still waiting on Walmart to send me Destiny 2 beta redemption codes... Pre-ordered on PC and PS4.
FYI, only console platforms can redeem a beta code on Bungie. PC is unavailable still.

terrible

Banned
Still waiting on Walmart to send me Destiny 2 beta redemption codes... Pre-ordered on PC and PS4.
FYI, only console platforms can redeem a beta code on Bungie. PC is unavailable still.

Have you considered pre-ordering it on amazon for a code? Just cancel the pre-order as soon as you get your code. I think it only takes a couple days to get the code emailed to you with Amazon. I got mine relatively quickly anyway.

CRA5H

Have you considered pre-ordering it on amazon for a code? Just cancel the pre-order as soon as you get your code. I think it only takes a couple days to get the code emailed to you with Amazon. I got mine relatively quickly anyway.
I already redeemed my ps4 code from my Amazon order. I guess I can put in another one then cancel.

Did anyone who preordered Destiny 2 from Walmart get a beta code yet?

https://newagesoldier.com/make-your-own-amiibo/

It's easy if you have an Android phone with NFC. Which is why I was asking for recommendations for cheap phones a few days ago. lol

I just bought a set of Zelda cards, because it's actually cheaper than buying the blank cards yourself. Maybe there's one of those alibaba places that you can buy the cards for pennies each instead of a couple of bucks.

Can you PM me where you got them from?

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone ever purchase a TV from the US? Anything I should be concerned about?

Getting a 65" x900e for <$2600 CDN with no tax is tempting

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317744-REG/sony_xbr_65x900e_x900e_series_65_4k.html

Didn't best buy have this on sale the other week for $2400 and had no taxes on it?

Edit:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...tv-xbr65x900e-black-xbr65x900e/10584569.aspx?

Man I can't justify paying over $2000CAD for a TV that's not an OLED. Fucking drop the price already LG!!

Anyone ever purchase a TV from the US? Anything I should be concerned about?

Getting a 65" x900e for <$2600 CDN with no tax is tempting

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317744-REG/sony_xbr_65x900e_x900e_series_65_4k.html

Am I missing something? B&H tells me that TV is $2758 once shipping is included (though I didn't go through the checkout process to see if the $166 US shipping charge could be reduced). Even without shipping it's $2500+. And that's ignoring the possibility of tax, depending on how the TV is shipped. (I'm not familiar with B&H's NAFTA Qualified label.)

krae_man

It's NAFTA Qualified so there will be no import fee besides the regular tax, most of the time they will ship from their Toronto warehouse.

That just means no duty. That doesn't mean no brokerage fees. Shippers charge a fee for handling customs.

Canada Post is a flat rate of $10. Other shippers charge an amount that is based on the value of the item. If you are buying a $2700 TV, it could be hundreds.

Can I just ask where the hell are the Splatoon 2 Pro Controllers at for Canada? I've not seen anything about them on this thread, I can't get one preordered and locked down at EB Games cause they've got nothing in their system, Best Buy employees wouldn't know if they tripped over a box of them... I'm starting to hear rumors of first come first serve on Splatoon 2 launch day 7/21/2017. Anyone else got anything for these?

leeman

Can I just ask where the hell are the Splatoon 2 Pro Controllers at for Canada? I've not seen anything about them on this thread, I can't get one preordered and locked down at EB Games cause they've got nothing in their system, Best Buy employees wouldn't know if they tripped over a box of them... I'm starting to hear rumors of first come first serve on Splatoon 2 launch day 7/21/2017. Anyone else got anything for these?

BestBuy had them up for pre-order (twice), they have now removed the listing.

Amazon has a placeholder page, but they haven't gone live yet.

Walmart had them and is sold out.

Nothing from EBGames yet online.

That just means no duty. That doesn't mean no brokerage fees. Shippers charge a fee for handling customs.

Canada Post is a flat rate of $10. Other shippers charge an amount that is based on the value of the item. If you are buying a $2700 TV, it could be hundreds.

I believe there is Pre-Pay Duties & Tax option that you can avoid the brokerage fee. I ordered LG C6 from them and didn't have to pay any additional fee to shipper. Actually just checked, had to pay $2 for Brokerage fee, TV was shipped by Purolator

I believe there is Pre-Pay Duties & Tax option that you can avoid the brokerage fee. I ordered LG C6 from them and didn't have to pay any additional fee to shipper. Actually just checked, had to pay $2 for Brokerage fee, TV was shipped by Purolator

Did I read that right? Your brokerage fee was TWO DOLLARS?

Dear UPS and DHL: the FUCK?

jchung55

Has anyone ordered anything from Best Buy US for pick up in a US store?

I ordered the TCL tv from them and have been stuck in payment hell for 10 days. Anyone have any advice? I already called the bank to approve the payment and bestbuy said it's been authorized but it's just stuck in processing

My brother has accepted so many deliveries for me since his high school went out for the summer. He probably can't wait for me to go back to college, lmao.

It's nice not having to go to the post office to collect them, though. I could get use to having a personal package attendant.

When the frig are we getting pre-orders for metroid amiibo 2 pack and the wedding 3 pack for mario?!

Every other country on earth has had them and sold out... FFS Nintendo Canada is on the planet too

zroid

Banned
When the frig are we getting pre-orders for metroid amiibo 2 pack and the wedding 3 pack for mario?!

Every other country on earth has had them and sold out... FFS Nintendo Canada is on the planet too

That's where you're wrong. Nintendo Canada is well off in space, that's why they're so slow.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What the hell happened with this?

Extremely limited release. I remember seeing it around for a while.

It was a limited physical release. Ended up exceeding expectations so they did a second which had different packaging. Second print is the white cover with angel wings on Isaac.

I really wanna buy it but $50 is a bit steep for me.

Thanks for the heads up to the posters above, I missed them too. I'm just gonna send my fiance to EB and I'll go to BestBuy before the store opens. Nintendo of Canada is the worst, seems like they put very little effort into prep for releases like these... maybe I should apply, I can definitely sit on my ass too.

Cactus

Banned
Is Ebay safe to buy from? Like I feel like people get ripped off all the time from horror stories I hear. I havent bought anything off of ebay in like 12 years

Buying on eBay is generally fine. Sellers are the ones who get ripped off on a regular basis.

Is Ebay safe to buy from? Like I feel like people get ripped off all the time from horror stories I hear. I havent bought anything off of ebay in like 12 years
I use eBay all the time, and have never had any issues. Just make sure you read the description of items carefully, and look over the profile of the seller. Even if a seller doesn't have a ton of reviews, you can generally tell what their reason for being on the site is for. eBay has put in so many protection and safety regulations at this point that it would be useless for a scammer to even bother trying to get away with anything.

This seller, for example, is selling an original copy of BoI, and appears to have great feedback from his customers. He's sold 1,617 items in the past year and only 3 of them got a negative review. Two of them were because of shipping, which could happen to anyone, including big retailers. I would trust this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom