• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

If anyone is interested in the Monster Hunter Stories Amiibos but don't care about the packaging, Play Asia has the Japan versions on sale for $10 USD each.

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-monster-hunter-stories-series-figure-one-eyed-rathalos-r/13/70a9on
http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-monster-hunter-stories-series-figure-barioth-ayuria/13/70abhj
http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-monster-hunter-stories-series-figure-qurupeco-dan/13/70abhl

They also have Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) for $37 USD again.

zroid

Banned
i don't think I've ever seen video games at Dollarama, lol

i'm going to be next door to one later anyway so i might have a look

Sealtest

I may be the only one excited for it but tickets just started becoming available for the new Pokemon movie at cineplex. Hopefully your theatre get's it.

Edit - Windsor now available.

espher

Did these get an NA announcement? I caved and bought a set to open a little while back before they were on sale (I'm one of those weird sealed + open box people) and had a set I'd bought 'for the collection' when I thought they were never coming over.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did these get an NA announcement? I caved and bought a set to open a little while back before they were on sale (I'm one of those weird sealed + open box people) and had a set I'd bought 'for the collection' when I thought they were never coming over.
They're never coming out here. If they were they would've come out at the same time as MH Stories a couple of weeks ago. Same situation as Qbby (Box Boy) Amiibo.

KJA

I'm not sure if should trade in Mario Kart 8 or not. Personally, I'm bored with it. On the other hand, it's the only game that "normal" people can play on my Switch.

What should I do?

kevin1025

Banned
I'm not sure if should trade in Mario Kart 8 or not. Personally, I'm bored with it. On the other hand, it's the only game that "normal" people can play on my Switch.

What should I do?

If you have friends over often, it can be a great game to have. Or if you like to play online. But if you don't really do either or have a fairly decent backlog, it could be worth trading in, especially for double credit.

Blackhead

Redarse
Walmart has Apple TV 4K 32GB for $189 CAD (regularly price $229 CAD). Already sold out on the US side but I'm still not sure if I wasn't too commit before reviews...

KJA

If you have friends over often, it can be a great game to have. Or if you like to play online. But if you don't really do either or have a fairly decent backlog, it could be worth trading in, especially for double credit.

Splatoon 2 has pretty much taken over my life ever since it came out, so I don't really have any motivation to play Mario Kart again.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks interesting but I'm more of a turn based RPG player myself.

TheClair

Neo Member
Batman Return to Arkham PS4 bundle on PSN $15.99 is damn tempting

Really want Origins since its the only one i never played

Unfortunately, Return to Arkham only includes Asylum and City. Origins was not remastered for the bundle.

It would appear that Origins is also not included in the sale for PS3.

kevin1025

Banned
Splatoon 2 has pretty much taken over my life ever since it came out, so I don't really have any motivation to play Mario Kart again.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks interesting but I'm more of a turn based RPG player myself.

Yeah, my go-to game has been Splatoon 2, as well. I'm keeping Mario Kart for those occasional times I have friends over or a late night drinks type game. I'd say you won't be missing Mario Kart if you trade it in, then!

LakeEarth

Guitar Hero Live is an amazing game

So much better than RB imho

I hate how hard it is to tell what's a hammer-on / pull-off is when star power is activated. They're slightly smaller than regular notes, but it's near-impossible to tell in fast solos on expert. Also, most of the "on-disk" songs are lame, and the whole "live" gimmick is distracting since everyone is staring at you constantly.

The whole GH Channel bit is genius though, and keeps the game fresh.

what's even in this thing? looks like a soundtrack and... some cards? hard to believe this costs $100 but then again it's "only" $20 more than the regular edition. I guess that says more about our dumb $80 games than the price of the CE...

3 disk soundtrack + cards. I'm in for the soundtrack.

CazTGG

what's even in this thing? looks like a soundtrack and... some cards? hard to believe this costs $100 but then again it's "only" $20 more than the regular edition. I guess that says more about our dumb $80 games than the price of the CE...

Fates Special Edition was a far better bargain, if I recall. All the more reason for to import the Treasure Box Edition since at least that one nets you some neat goodies.

Clive

Not sure if anyone still buys physical shmups at close to full retail price except me but VGP has pre-orders for Raiden V: Director's Cut for $39.99 with the soundtrack which is the same as the US price. EB Games is charging $55 for the same product.

Keep in mind that VGP is known for spotty security so don't pay with a credit card, use PayPal if buying anything there.

zroid

Banned
Fates Special Edition was a far better bargain, if I recall. All the more reason for to import the Treasure Box Edition since at least that one nets you some neat goodies.

FE Fates was a rarity. It literally didn't even cost more than simply buying all the actual content separately, plus you got a pretty decent hardcover art book as well (and the cart itself was a limited thing, for what that's worth). One of the few CE purchases where I didn't even hesitate.

Corey31

HUGE DEAL!

Guitar Hero Live on Wii U (complete set) are found in Dollorama for 4$ only!!!

Can confirm. Picked up a copy for me and a copy for a friend. My local Dollarama in eastern Ontario got in 8. I'd prefer it for a different console but for $4 I'm not complaining.

They also got in a restock of Lego Dimension fun packs for $4. I got Gimli from Lord of the Rings and two Lego Chima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom