• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

mjCkpHi_d.jpg

It's cold!

Well there goes my dream of going 5 am to walmart or 7-730ish to EBGames to try and get one. I rally hate this. Calling sick tomorrow too. Damn Nintendo.

Grimsen

There's a Wal and a Bestbuy in the center I'm at, and there's lineups at both apparently.

The thirst is real in Quebec. Not being eligible at the time of the preorders didn't help.

Know what? I'm sorry to those that aren't members, but I hope Amazon makes the SNES Classic Prime-only, at least the scalpers/bots won't have access to them. This is ridiculous, the stock on EBGames.ca sold before it was even visible.

You think scalpers don't have prime?

UberTag

mjCkpHi_d.jpg

It's cold!
Look at the size of that EB. They've got signage on two distinct sides of a building. Don't see that every day.
Next thing you'll be telling me something crazy like they have actual games on their shelves and it's not just Funko Pop! figures, strategy guides and licensed merch.

They'd better all be playing Golf Story on their Switches while they're huddled together for warmth.

chrono01

Look at the size of that EB. They've got signage on two distinct sides of a building. Don't see that every day.
Next thing you'll be telling me something crazy like they have actual games on their shelves and it's not just Funko Pop! figures, strategy guides and licensed merch.
Not just that, but the games there are probably sealed inside their original shrinkwrap.

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?

Im going to getup at 6am and head over to surrey central. Walmart got 54 and toysrus got 50. I have no idea what bestbuy got. Wish me luck !

I wonder if 6am is early enough...

DJ_Lae

Anyone up waiting for Amazon?

I'm up anyway playing Forza 7 so I'm just refreshing it periodically out of morbid curiousity.

I did notice that London Drugs' page went from Out of Stock to In-Store Only, although there is no option to check store stock or do an in store pickup.

chrono01

Did it go up on Amazon? I don't think I saw it go up.
Nope. :(

I have mine coming from EB (hopefully, hasn't shipped yet), but I'm trying to grab one for my sister now (I managed to get her an NES Classic way back, too). Here's hoping I can manage it.

Edit: I just checked, I've been charged for my SNES Classic from EB, so I guess that's a good sign that it'll be shipping soon.

Nope. :(

I have mine coming from EB (hopefully, hasn't shipped yet), but I'm trying to grab one for my sister now (I managed to get her an NES Classic way back, too). Here's hoping I can manage it.

Oh, did an EB preorder go up? I checked at 9pm PST, but didn't see one up..

chrono01

Oh, did an EB preorder go up? I checked at 9pm PST, but didn't see one up..
Define "go up", it was a mess.

Basically, it DID go live (at 9PM PT), but not everyone could see the "Add to Cart" button. Some got it right away, others over the span of several minutes. Apparently you needed to use the specialized URL present in the EB tweet to get to the correct item listing page (I guess this was to defer scalpers who had the previous listing on F5), but they didn't say any of this so everyone assumed it wasn't available. Even then, the URL didn't always show the item as available, it took many tries for people. If you got lucky, you could buy it. Stock lasted something like 20 minutes (mostly because the website was glitch, even with the tweet URL) before it officially sold out. Some people here (myself included) got lucky, but yeah it was a headache.

Sorry you missed out. I wish you luck with other places. :(

chrono01

Thanks. I'll be pretty bummed if I miss out on this one like i did with the NES classic..
Yeah, this console is special for a lot of people (myself included).

If it helps, it does seem like stock already is MUCH better than the NES Classic ever was, so assuming they keep up with it (and don't slow down the restocks), it hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to grab. With something like this, I want it to be in the hands of as many gamers as possible. Here's hoping Nintendo feels the same.

pestul

My brother walked into Walmart this morning at 7:30 and got one. The lineup has already passed and they still had a few left.

Looks like my plan of going to the Wal-Mart in rexdale worked. Opens at 7 got there at 6:40 and was about 44th in line. The store got around 50 units. Was worried while in line at checkout cause it looked like they were gonna run out by the time it was my turn but an employee brought another box from the back so that was a huge relief. A lot of people came after 7am. Also there was an even bigger line up at EB across the street and that doesnt open till 9. They should have just waited in line at Wal-Mart.

And before I went to this shoppers, I tried a walmart that opened at 8. When I got there 10 minutes ago, the tickets had already been given. Yay Nintendo.

The thirst is real for games over 20 years old.

Got a ticket around 7:45 outside my local EBGames. I'm #59. Some guy just offered people $100 each for their tickets. The scalper thirst is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom