• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my EB preorder. Shout out to the awesome staff, 3 working the registers at once keeping things moving. I lost my Marvel Infinite receipt but they still hooked me up with the "satisfaction guarantee " return, put toward the snes.

Windam

Scaley member
Anyone else's Gundam Versus preorder code from Amazon registering as "The code you entered is inactive. Please check terms and conditions." when trying to redeem it?

Luigi87

Was this the pre-order bonus? It's showing for free and I heard it was only for pre-orders...

This is correct.
Even if it is a glitch, it's good that it's currently free to all. It is dumb as hell that a suit is locked behind pre-orders only. Even in Japan it is still not possible to purchase Hot Scramble.

To make matters worse, the suit is incredibly OP and rules the rankings. Fortunately it is getting significant nerfs this coming Tuesday.

kitzkozan

Damn, my order with Walmart went through and I'm getting the SNES classic next week as I got my confirmation email (october 3rd). :) I hope Best Buy has more online stock than Walmart, but I doubt it somehow.

I usually run out of luck on these things, but looking forward to playing Super Mario world 2 again along with Star Fox 2.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mine says that but I just now got a confirmation email with an oct 3 delivery... Not sure what to think
I just got this email a few seconds ago.

We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed.

We're working with our suppliers to get you these items as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we know when your order will be ready.

Any items that are unavailable to be shipped in the next 3 days will be automatically cancelled from your order.
My initial confirmation email also said October 3rd.

khaaan

lol, I completely forgot Fifa came out today. The employee at EB said the reason they opened early today was actually for Fifa and not the SNES. Only one guy showed up at 9 to buy it.

zroid

Banned
I just realized that I still have a SNES Classic in my bestbuy.ca cart from when they were taking pre-orders last time :lol

i didn't get a chance to check out but it's still sitting there

lol, I completely forgot Fifa came out today. The employee at EB said the reason they opened early today was actually for Fifa and not the SNES. Only one guy showed up at 9 to buy it.

Reminds me of the time I went to go buy Scribblenauts when Call of Duty came out.

killroy87

I was able to snag a Best Buy pre order when they happened, which I’m gonna play. I was going to try to grab another to just put on the shelf as a collectors item, but it’s looking increasingly like these won’t be that drastically hard to find. Which is fine with me!

Me and a buddy got one each at Surrey Central Walmart, they had 48 total. They gave out numbers 15 minutes before opening. An hour before opening there was only around 15 people.

Time for some Super Castlevania!!

I'm so excited! I only received notice yesterday evening from BestBuy saying my SNES shipped, and once the Canada Post shipping info was live it said it would deliver by Monday. I just checked again and it now tells me it is out for delivery already! Hopefully it will be in the mailbox when I get home. (I'm in London by the way)
Thanks everyone here and on the Discord for help :)

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
New Walmart email

"We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed"

Seriously, what the fuck!

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Woke up to preorder at Walmart at 600am (thanks again MrNineties!).

Went back to sleep, inbox for confirmation of order at 651am.

Follow up email at 748am from Walmart: backordered, item is delayed, Walmart working with supplier to fill my order, if my order is unable to be shipped in the next 3 days it'll automatically be cancelled.

So... like what was even the point? Lol.

kliklik

Banned
Woke up to preorder at Walmart at 600am (thanks again MrNineties!).

Went back to sleep, inbox for confirmation of order at 651am.

Follow up email at 748am from Walmart: backordered, item is delayed, Walmart working with supplier to fill my order, if my order is unable to be shipped in the next 3 days it'll automatically be cancelled.

So... like what was even the point? Lol.

This plus The Source's site being borked when they said they'd take preorders just makes me wonder what the point of trying is. It's like Ninty is allergic to money. They don't want it.

scogoth

Walmart has sent me a second email. Item is officially on backorder and will be automatically cancelled if it does not come in stock in 3 days. RIP

bigmac996

Walmart has sent me a second email. Item is officially on backorder and will be automatically cancelled if it does not come in stock in 3 days. RIP

Got the same... gonna try my luck with Best Buy at 12 but not sure I have the olympian reflexes that many of the scalpers have to click fast enough.

zroid

Banned
if I can't get one from best buy at noon, I'm basically done trying to hunt one down until they become more readily available. I do want one but to be honest I'm not in any huge rush to play it and I'm feeling fairly confident that plenty of inventory will be available eventually.

pestul

Yeah, got the back-ordered email from Walmart.. so that doesn't look good. It says if they don't get stock in 3 days (They won't) the order will be cancelled. Sucks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom