• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Of like 3 units...

Edit: Might have been closer to 10 units and TRU supposedly got another big batch?

Toys'r'us got 10-15 and EBGames was around 6-8 per restock, AFAIK (info coming from QC Collector's group Facebook posts throughout the weeks), Walmart also got restock, but I don't remember the number. Microplay as well with the 4-6 per stores for at least 2 restocks. And BestBuy had some stock online like last Friday and another time before (both times at 1-2 minutes still...).

We're not floating in stock, but the levels are definitely higher than NES Classic.

Toys'r'us got 10-15 and EBGames was around 6-8 per restock, AFAIK (info coming from QC Collector's group Facebook posts throughout the weeks), Walmart also got restock, but I don't remember the number. Microplay as well with the 4-6 per stores for at least 2 restocks. And BestBuy had some stock online like last Friday and another time before (both times at 1-2 minutes still...).

We're not floating in stock, but the levels are definitely higher than NES Classic.

Could you point me to that FB group?
I'd like to know how I could get one.

Same but with Gran Turismo Sport. Canada Post says it's arriving tomorrow. It shipped from BC and I'm in Toronto, maybe that's why. It's never shipped from there before.

qFc6QzQ.jpg

Seriously am cry. This is like the only preorder I have from E3 I’m keeping too, aside from Spider-Man

terrible

Banned
qFc6QzQ.jpg

Seriously am cry. This is like the only preorder I have from E3 I'm keeping too, aside from Spider-Man

Canada Post failed me, it didn't even go out for delivery today. The dream of getting an early game is over.

edit: Nevermind, it showed up in my mailbox anyway even though tracking doesn't even show it out for delivery.

jokkir

When does Walmart usually charge for an order? I'm waiting for my new credit card to come (should be arriving by/before Friday) to let them know about my new card or else I'd have to give them my debit info which I would want to avoid doing. My order is Mario Odyssey which should be out by next week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, so I discovered that since I ordered South Park in 2015, I won't get Prime shipping. Then I ask CSR about it and they say that orders before you are Prime don't count. I think that's the first time that's ever happened and it feels like even Prime doesn't get you good service anymore.

N E R O

Huh, so I discovered that since I ordered South Park in 2015, I won't get Prime shipping. Then I ask CSR about it and they say that orders before you are Prime don't count. I think that's the first time that's ever happened and it feels like even Prime doesn't get you good service anymore.

I closed my prime account.. Amazon suspended my purchases while I had prime. Basically what happened is, I got an email from Amazon with a weird tone stating that they are doing a background check on the account since someone tried to breach it. They asked me for Personal info..they said that I needed to send them my Canadian passport info & the driver's license via email.I thought it was a phishing email and Ignored it. Then after 10 days they stopped my orders from being shipped. I contacted them while I had prime membership still going on. They said they r going to solve this but they didn't. I gave up. I have to open a new account..not sure if my E3 preorders will get shipped " I had Danganronpa shipped but i had it on pre-order since last year"..any new purchase that I make since October gets cancelled or on hold..damn Amazon & Prime..on the other hand..I feel that I started to save some money.I had to share this

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I have a question for fellow Public Mobile members.

I originally signed up for their 6 GB, $120 plan, and when they introduced the 12 GB plan for the same price I switched to that. When I check my data usage now though it still only shows 6 GB, did they revert that plan entirely?

Lexxism

So I have a question for fellow Public Mobile members.

I originally signed up for their 6 GB, $120 plan, and when they introduced the 12 GB plan for the same price I switched to that. When I check my data usage now though it still only shows 6 GB, did they revert that plan entirely?
I checked mine and its still 12gb. That's really weird.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I closed my prime account.. Amazon suspended my purchases while I had prime. Basically what happened is, I got an email from Amazon with a weird tone stating that they are doing a background check on the account since someone tried to breach it. They asked me for Personal info..they said that I needed to send them my Canadian passport info & the driver's license via email.I thought it was a phishing email and Ignored it. Then after 10 days they stopped my orders from being shipped. I contacted them while I had prime membership still going on. They said they r going to solve this but they didn't. I gave up. I have to open a new account..not sure if my E3 preorders will get shipped " I had Danganronpa shipped but i had it on pre-order since last year"..any new purchase that I make since October gets cancelled or on hold..damn Amazon & Prime..on the other hand..I feel that I started to save some money.I had to share this

Asking for a passport seems really, really weird. I don't get why they would need to verify identity if, presumably, someone stole your account you could just cancel the credit card attached to it.

I get the impression that as more people get prime, there's less incentive to deal with prime users in a way that makes them want to keep subscribed. Funny enough, I didn't even get a customer survey after my chat (I would have clicked "Call me back"), so maybe CSRs don't even have to worry about feedback anymore.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Have these been posted?

NHL 18 - $49.89 for Prime Members PS4: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071GGVMD7/ XB1: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071GGWG9P/

Dishonored Death of the Outsider $24.99 (doesn't seem to be Prime only) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071GKCZTD/

Edit: Madden 18 also $49.99 and Prime Only PS4 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072LQ2NH3/ XB1 https://www.amazon.ca/Madden-NFL-18-Xbox-One/dp/B0725RTKW1/

Dishonored Death of the Outsider for $25 is a steal. You'll easily get 10 hours out of it and more from NG+.

Sealtest

For sure. I was reading that the next season comes out early 2018, im guessing they havent started shooting yet which sucks because we wont see any more Lahey.

I'm pretty sure season 12 is already finished filming. At least I remember seeing something about that.

farisr

Looks like the first walmart order I won't be getting in on Day 1 (GT Sport). I really wanted it to show up tomorrow as it's easiest to sell a game on kijiji on release day.

They better not be lumping in the shipment with Mario Odyssey...

Actually, scratch that, they are free to lump it in with Mario if that means I'll get mario earlier.

lol, I wish

Dorygrant

Anyone know about those snes classic restocks in stores? Lol tired of asking in person as every store has told me they haven't had any since the first day.

jpv_13

Neo Member
Anybody have their $50 NBA 2K18 for Switch ship or charge from Walmart yet? Releases tomorrow and I still haven’t seen anything.

Anybody have their $50 NBA 2K18 for Switch ship or charge from Walmart yet? Releases tomorrow and I still haven't seen anything.

Mine is en route to the post office today. From Wal-Mart.

My South Park that I ordered two years ago with two days shipping from Amazon seems to be lost in Richmond somewhere.

m23

Are we expecting EB to do another trade in promotion for the Xbox X? They had the $200 trade in promotion for the S earlier, but I didn't want to give in the console that early - if that was how it worked.

AzerPhire

Looks like the first walmart order I won't be getting in on Day 1 (GT Sport). I really wanted it to show up tomorrow as it's easiest to sell a game on kijiji on release day.

They better not be lumping in the shipment with Mario Odyssey...

Actually, scratch that, they are free to lump it in with Mario if that means I'll get mario earlier.

lol, I wish

It may still show up today. My Shadow of War came on release date even with the Monday being a Holiday. I got my shipping email for it the next day. I was charged for GT:S on Sunday so I am expecting it today.

Are we expecting EB to do another trade in promotion for the Xbox X? They had the $200 trade in promotion for the S earlier, but I didn't want to give in the console that early - if that was how it worked.

I would expect it. They did the promo when the XB1S and PS4 Pro came out.

eyesradar

seriously fuck amazon

Amazon: I'm really we cannot fulfill your expectations at this time.
Me: that is it?
Amazon: Since the item was fast selling we were unable to deliver to your package on the Release day. I can assure you will receive the package with in few business days.
Me: I didn't order it today. I ordered it last year as a prime member.
Also having priority instead of standard shipping
then you told me it was fast selling and I cant get it?
Amazon: We'll get more in stock and you will receive the order with in few business days.

seriously WTF?

Savitar

Amazon is so dominate, they don't have to try anymore. Shop elsewhere when you can. Other businesses don't give a shit about people either, but they will try a bit to be competitive in the market.

The whole site is dead for me now.

I meant it was sold out, I could get it to open.

Best Buy Reward Zone Members can get $20 off a pre-order of Assassin's Creed: Origins. Check the email associated with your RZ account for your code.

p1pazZSgzekoiBy55yFDnled1-AENLQT7jI7PVXd56RnCUzvDwd8UGGjqn5nsGEHONoym8r_1G8260lxIVHZ5O3bVEPbwhReguAPzpJEOzdoLQg06Dglm_QtdD71Gf2PFvgYQLYHIr3v3T192mCgH2GyB_-V1kGr0z1CfI8dJf5TyMs=s0-d-e1-ft

eyesradar

Amazon is so dominate, they don't have to try anymore. Shop elsewhere when you can. Other businesses don't give a shit about people either, but they will try a bit to be competitive in the market.

Yeah, the Wal-Mart Limited Edition that I ordered during this year's E3 promo for my bro arrived on time. I am glad I retained all my Wal-Mart preorders for this years E3.

After a lengthy call with a very helpful NA CSR of Amazon, they re-ordered it for me for it to be arrived on Friday and gave me another $20 promo to offset.

These chat centre fellas just don't give a shit man. A "supervisor" just straight disconnected the support chat with me earlier.

07:32 AM PDT Me: Can you escalate this issue please
07:33 AM PDT Amazon: At this we don't have any other supervisor.
If you prefer you can connect us via phone
07:34 AM PDT Me: Is there higher management with phone service
07:36 AM PDT Amazon: Yes they will have.
07:37 AM PDT Amazon: please click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window.
Thank you.

Dazzler

mistakenly got South Park shipped to my apartment instead of my office.

Going to have to play the awkward shuffle with the Amazon delivery person now where I try to figure out where to get it delivered because I'm never home during the day

ohlawd

Amazon is seemingly not even shipping my copy until Friday but it is Amazon.

actually I've never checked how game release stock work on the day it comes out but stores haven't opened yet. I'm gonna give both a call around lunchtime

yeah I think the people who are getting South Park and other stuff a day early are all Prime. I don't have Prime tho so that talking point is worthless to me

EDIT: hahah nice BB lowered my Fire Emblem Warriors price to $64 (20% off 80) instead of what it originally was at $80 (20% off 100). was worried there after CSR rejected the E3 FAQ about getting discount on the lower price like 1-2 weeks ago

Top Bottom