• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canned games that were barely ever shown. Which would you have loved to have seen?

krizzx

Metroid Dread - DS

Very little is known other than that it was in development at some point.

36272-metroid-dread.png

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Dread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Dread

krizzx

Sister Sonic - SegaCD

Taken from Wikipedia.
Sister Sonic is a cancelled role-playing video game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.Sega was to partner with Falcom, developer of the game, Popful Mail, to rework characters from the Sonic franchise into Popful Mail. The game was to star Sonic the Hedgehog's long lost sister. However, the game was ultimately cancelled in favor of releasing an English translation of the original game for the Sega CD syste in 1995

Its a shame Sonic's Sister was aborted do to fanboy rage. She has never been heard from since.
(NOTE: Not the actual character but this is probably similar to how she would have looked given the Sonic art style of the time.)
Sonia_1.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Does anyone else recall early reports saying Twilight Princess (or maybe SS) was going to have isometric dungeons?

There were even screenshots. I'm positive I'm not crazy, but can't find anything now.

Whatever happened to that?

krizzx

Does anyone else recall early reports saying Twilight Princess (or maybe SS) was going to have isometric dungeons?

There were even screenshots. I'm positive I'm not crazy, but can't find anything now.

Whatever happened to that?

The original Twilight Princess was completely erased by Miyamoto. Its some thing he used to do where if he didn't like the way a game was going, he would make the development team start over from scratch. It was quite possible that the isometric dungeons could have been true. The battles were certainly going to be a lot more massive. It was also going to have a big forest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWCKPkkihA

Tregard

Soothsayer
Project HAMMER, Starcraft Ghost, Timesplitters 4 and Halo DS are about it, I'm lucky in that I've never become severely hyped for a game that got scrapped, so looking through this thread is reminding me of a lot of titles I'd completely forgotten about.

I guess Overstrike in a way, because the change to "Fuse" seemed so dramatic, we hardly saw any of "Overstrike" as it were.

rubex75

Banned
Although it probably got some of the most coverage out of all the ones posted, Star Wars 1313 was incredibly cut short before it even had a chance to be hyped. That first (and as far as I know) only trailer was amazing, and I was looking forward to playing the game and see the different and unknown parts of Coruscant. The ultimate blow was learning that we'd be playing as a young Boba Fett. Some part of me still holds hope it'll come back, but it's so unlikely.

R.I.P 1313.

670px-0,6000,0,3430-Keyart.jpg

N30RYU

Outcast 2
Resident Evil 3.5
PS2 Munch's Oddysee
Trigun Planet Gunsmoke
FFX (calm demo)
FF Online original teaser video
9guns

Top Bottom