• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canonically, who is the strongest fighter in the Smash Bros universe?

PK Gaming

This thread reminds me A LOT of the infamous Marvel/DC "Who is stronger?" threads in off topic.

Anyway...
Let's put it this way:
Rosalina is "Galactus" type of power.
Shulk is sort of "Franklin Richards" level.
Kirby on the other hand truely is the "One-Above-All".
As I stated before: He accidentally inhaled "Existence".
Therefor he IS omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient and omniversal.
Even though he might not even recognize it.

30WIOHk.jpg

gWVsFRC.png

lpJmIcS.png

plus: Others ride Harleys. He rides a fucking star.

He's also 8 inches tall...

Forkball

Let's get all this universe-destroying comic book junk outta here. Who would win a strongman competition? It would have to be Bowser right?

onilink88

I actually just beat Xenoblade last night. The problem with all the people saying Shulk is..

e ENDING SPOILERS

Shulk was given a chance to be and do anything he wanted. He said he refused to become a god and wanted to live in a world without gods. So there's no way he'd have all these reality bending powers afterward. He still has a powerful sword and the ability to see the future but I don't think he could just warp reality on a whim like some people are making it sound.

It's true he surrenders his abilities at the end of the game, but after creating his own Monado, he realizes his true potential and becomes a God (or by Gnostic standings, a Demiurge - but that's not really important for this discussion :p). As other people have mentioned, the final act of the game makes it a point of conveying that the Monado, in the end, amounts to nothing more than a tool; the power stems from Shulk himself (demonstrated by the fact that after losing the Monado, he maintains his powers).

As for altering reality on a whim, well, that's exactly what he does throughout the game. See, he doesn't just see and change the future. That's just what's happening at face value. Everything that exists is comprised of a unit called "Ether" (in ancient Greek philosophy and programming terms, "Monad"). To change the outcome of something, he sees the Ether fabric and rearranges it according to his will. Now, that's just one thing you can do with the manipulation of Ether.

At the end, he shows exactly how much Ether can be manipulated by
literally rewriting the universe by initiating the Big Crunch and then the Big Bang.
At that point, there is literally nothing that he wouldn't be able to mold to fit his purposes.

It's very simple, if you're fighting him, then what you or your abilities are won't amount to much (unless, of course, you have similar powers); the kind of power he wields gives him dominion over everything (material and immaterial). There's only one entity that exists on a higher plain than him, and he's not in this game (
Alvis
).

Like Chaosblade said, it's not fair to include him in this discussion, and if people really understood the reaches of his influence, I guarantee every response would be "Shulk". :p

Puruzi

Banned
Kirby can inhale anyone and anything.
In smash, inhaling doesn't kill, but it his games inhale is an instant kill. Kirby is literally the best.

MisterHero

Tabuu. Sadly Shulk's true power isn't shown very well in Smash. His moveset is kind of predictable too. Palutena also has the god title but her moves are outright broken.

or

Mario + Super Mushroom + Raccoon Leaf + Starman + Metal Hat + Fire Flower + Yoshi + Stopwatch + Lightning Bolt

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tabuu. Sadly Shulk's true power isn't shown very well in Smash. His moveset is kind of predictable too. Palutena also has the god title but her moves are outright broken.

or

Mario + Super Mushroom + Raccoon Leaf + Starman + Metal Hat + Fire Flower + Yoshi + Stopwatch + Lightning Bolt

Master core is probably stronger than tabuu

a.wd

Love this thread I have learnt some things

1) If Kirby had a wallet it would say "bad mother fucker on the side
2) Nintendos characters RE OP as fuck

I'd just like to point out Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong effortlessly punch the fucking moon down onto earth at the end of Returns.

Not Shulk or the Goddess' level, but they shouldn't be out of the running either.

JC Lately

So at the end of Earthbound
Paula prays for the combined Power of Friendship of the entire world, and when that isn’t enough, she reaches out to you, the player to finally stop Giygas.

That means, canonically, the player is a part of Earthbound lore. Therefore part of Nintendo lore. Therefore part of Smash lore.

The answer is you, GAF. You are the strongest character in Smash.

Kirby can't copy you if he can't inhale you.

Also I'd still go with Ike since he's actually good at, you know, fighting.
Or Captain Falcon. He's got the moves and a kick-ass theme song:p

Shows what you know. Kirby can eat projectiles of a fighter and gain it's abilities. He can also store those abilities and call upon them at anytime. See the tvshow, Kirby squeak squad and nightmare last boss

nded

I'm pretty sure all the characters in the Smash "universe" are toys brought to life by the imagination of a child with a nerve damaged left hand and an affinity for white gloves.

Fou-Lu

So at the end of Earthbound
Paula prays for the combined Power of Friendship of the entire world, and when that isn’t enough, she reaches out to you, the player to finally stop Giygas.

That means, canonically, the player is a part of Earthbound lore. Therefore part of Nintendo lore. Therefore part of Smash lore.

The answer is you, GAF. You are the strongest character in Smash.

I very much like this post. It is the obvious answer.

RomanceDawn

Man Kirby's final Smash should have been that mega ton punch. If you time it just right the camera would zoom out and see the planet split in half. The planet from what ever universe you happen to be playing on.

Man Kirby's final Smash should have been that mega ton punch. If you time it just right the camera would zoom out and see the planet split in half. The planet from what ever universe you happen to be playing on.

Should have, also Kirby has broken the fourth wall in his games more than any other character. He even eats huds and menus. He survives in any environment, and could easily take marvel, dc and Dragon ball characters. Let alone shulk. I say this being a fan of xenomorph too.

onilink88

Alvis is the reason he can create a universe.
True, but at the end of the day, the power is still his. It's just that Alvis possesses even more power (a true god, capable of granting power to lesser gods).

Plus he's not using that Monado in Smash so yeah Shulk is not the strongest. Hell even in the game just because he can see the future he could still get his ass whooped.

I explained why the Monado has no bearing on his abilities and gave a very thorough explanation about how he doesn't simply "see and change the future"; it's merely one outcome of manipulating Ether. Maybe you should re-read the post or replay the game. Either way, there's nothing left to argue. :)

Rurunaki

Kirby will most likely beat Shulk's ass (god or no god) if he gets in the way of Kirby's cake. Just be glad Kirby is a nihilist and doesn't care much about anything except for his sweets.

All the people voting for Shulk seem to be omitting the fact that this is
pre-Monado awakening Shulk (fuck, just look at the Monado itself).

I would tentatively vote for Palutena, she's a goddess after all, although her powers seem to be rather limited even for polytheistic standards. It's funny that a "fun and crazy" crossover game like this has less fighters that would ridiculously outmatched by others, as opposed by more serious crossovers (Batman vs Superman or Spiderman vs Thor).

MisterHero

All the people voting for Shulk seem to be omitting the fact that this is
pre-Monado awakening Shulk (fuck, just look at the Monado itself).

I would tentatively vote for Palutena, she's a goddess after all, although her powers seem to be rather limited even for polytheistic standards. It's funny that a "fun and crazy" crossover game like this has less fighters that would ridiculously outmatched by others, as opposed by more serious crossovers (Batman vs Superman or Spiderman vs Thor).
Xenoblade Shulk before the awakening could still wreck shit. While it's true that SSB Shulk can crush shields and be a choice of faster, stronger, jump higher, etc. his abilities are extremely situational. Most of his Arts in Xenoblade affect his party or his enemies so there's no reason he can't have better range. Monado Buster is standard in XB but absent in normal Smash play.

Sakurai did a fine job with him but Shulk's abilities are completely understated.

Question is, if Kirby destroyed everything or sucked up everything. How can shulk survive the vacuum of Kirby? (Breaking the fourth again... lol)

Kirby flies though space and crashes on planets at the speed of light and just dusts it off. He can explode and come back from nothing (Crash ability) is immune to transmutation (split in half = miniature kirbys / a witch named Drawcia tried to turn kirby into a painting and all he lost was his feet - Didn't need no stinking triforce to help him.)

Literally kirby is unstoppable, the only other goofy power house I could see taking kirby is the mask.

Top Bottom