• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom continues its Playstation shittiness (Darkstalkers instruction booklet)

cvxfreak

Stupid stupid stupid Capcom.

*takes a deep breath*

All black and white, just like PS2 games. Sucks. =(

Sorry if old.

kiryogi

Banned
CVXFREAK said:

*takes a deep breath*

All black and white, just like PS2 games. Sucks. =(

Sorry if old.

THUG2 is as well.

Alias03

I’m weird cause I love color instruction books. I think they should be in color and hate it when there not. I would never not buy a game cause its wasnt, but it make the "experience" that much better when the manual can help bring you into that games world (ex.. God of Wars book) SAD????...... Probably

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Capcom should just host PDF instruction manuals and get rid of paper manuals altogether if they want to be cheap :p

Also, best instruction manual goes to Wario Ware. STICKERS!

Fifty

Just be glad you're not an EA fan, CVX. :lol :lol

The biggest developer in the world and they put together 9-15 page b&w manuals. They use all that money they save to (EA Trax! In game ads!) improve the quality of their games!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fifty said:
Just be glad you're not an EA fan, CVX. :lol :lol

The biggest developer in the world and they put together 9-15 page b&w manuals. They use all that money they save to (EA Trax! In game ads!) improve the quality of their games!

NBA Street V3's manual was a joke. It was like 6 pages long and B&W...

Borys

Banned
Anyone here remembers the Ultima 9 package?
Tarot cards, cloth-map, big-ass manual.

God I loved those times when PC gaming was treated seriously.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
933613b.jpg
v
psp-japanese-box-art-20041122013111389.jpg

Be happy

Wario64 said:
Capcom should just host PDF instruction manuals and get rid of paper manuals altogether if they want to be cheap :p

Also, best instruction manual goes to Wario Ware. STICKERS!

well for their cube stuff it's in full colour....my Resident Evil 4 import had two manuals....1 in english and one in french (Importmadness) and the manual looks great.
So it's more a fact of Capcom not wanting to spend on the PS2 cos they seemingly don't like it....than them being cheap. heh

NotMSRP

Most of us only casually only look at instruction manuals but that's not that point here. It's about presentation and what it psychologically brings to the consumer. Don't you think you deserve the full package when you spend $40-50 a pop? Surely that can cover the amount to include color papers. If the company goes cheap, then so should the consumer. Do you find b&w manuals acceptable when games become $60?

ge-man

NotMSRP said:
Most of us only casually only look at instruction manuals but that's not that point here. It's about presentation and what it psychologically brings to the consumer. Don't you think you deserve the full package when you spend $40-50 a pop? Surely that can cover the amount to include color papers. If the company goes cheap, then so should the consumer. Do you find b&w manuals acceptable when games become $60?

There's something else going on here. Why in the world are most if not all Capcom manuals for the GC in full color? I don't want to say that this is Capcom purely being cheap. Maybe someone with more knowledge of game publishing could shed some light on this issue.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I always read the manuals on the way home after getting the game so count me in as a reader of them. DMC3's b&w manual disappointed me~c'mon they should give their high-profile games color manuals. Or at least color manuals for the first shipments don't ya think o.o?

silenttwn

I never understood how seriously boxart and instruction books are taken here... but then again, a lot of posters spend way more time talking about games than ever playing them. :lol From my experience, it's more of a treat these days getting manuals in color. I don't remember how often manuals were in color back in the NES days. Does anyone?

Soul4ger

I definitely buy some games based on whether they have color instruction manuals or not. I love packaging, it's my fetish. This blows, the B&W Darkstalkers manual -- the packaging is no nice otherwise, why can't they just do it in color?!

Link316

Banned
this is why I never pay full price for Capcom games ;)

that real slap in the face is that the manuals for the Japanese version of their games are in color

MoxManiac

Don't all GC games have color manuals though? I think it may be a requirement.

Edit: scratch that, SoA:L is b/w. Sega is cheap! :lol

ge-man

MoxManiac said:
Don't all GC games have color manuals though? I think it may be a requirement.

Edit: scratch that, SoA:L is b/w. Sega is cheap! :lol

Almost all of Sega's manuals for the GC are black and white. I think the Sonic games might be the only exception. There are some other companies that use black and white as well, so I don't think it's a requirement for publishing a GC game. Again, this is why I find the Capcom situation strange.

NotMSRP

Do Europeans get color or b&w manuals in general? We know the Japaneses get color manuals 99.9% of the time and the Americans get b&w manuals 99.9% of the time.

callous

NotMSRP said:
Do Europeans get color or b&w manuals in general? We know the Japaneses get color manuals 99.9% of the time and the Americans get b&w manuals 99.9% of the time.

I was going to give you an answer, so I went to my shelf and discovered that the only PAL games I have are FFVII and RRV and that RRV didn't come with a manual (used), so it wouldn't be much of a cross section :p All my US games are b/w and all my JP games are colour. Never thought about that before.

Actually, I also have Legend Of Zelda collector's edition for GC, which is in b/w, but since it's not a real release that is understandable.

callous

segasonic said:
I think I haven't had a look at a booklet for years now... :lol

It's essential reading on the way home! That's one thing I miss in these days where every game can be found at least 20% cheaper online. I hardly ever read manuals anymore.

number386

I just got darkstalkers it's not that bad, the cover of the instructions is in color and the instruction is pretty meaty. It's got a overpowering nasty smell to it probably the cheap ink.

This is my first time I have ever seen the UMD, when I took it out of the case my thumb went into the back and touched the disc. =( It's an odd placement for the hole in the back I bet a lot of people are going to have fingerprints on their discs.

I also got Twisted metal: Head on, and Wipeout Pure. This is the first weekend I wish wouldend would end quickly, in a long time.

Top Bottom