• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom files trademark for "Monster Hunter: World" in U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a new MH reveal at E3 over DMC5, huh?

gDddYRjGM.gif

The delicious meltdowns if that PS4 leak is real.

Edit: Referring to the minority of MH Fans who scoff at the series having a presence at anything but Nintendo. Adding this here since it keeps gettin' quoted~

jbug617

Banned
I think is the game Layden was talking about in the Time article.

I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they’re coming back to the console in a major way. And speaking of, we’ll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein.”

He didn't want to handheld because that would tip his hand.

Demoli

What was that Mobile MH game called in Asia? Same question for that MMO

Online was the chinese mmo, Frontier the japanese.

My bets are on either this being the localised chinese mmo or the rumoured westernized "monster hunter".

As long as they keep pumping out the regular series sure why not.

MH5, perhaps? Or more specifically, MH5 renamed. Either that or it's MHXX's localized name.

So instead of the more likely case, that it's a spinoff, it's MH5 renamed? Really?

PS4 gets Monster Hunter 5 which is soft reboot meant to appeal to casuals. Nintendo gets the standard Monster Hunter people come to expect.

I believe it also called XX being a Switch title so it seems to be a good one.

It's crazy how people have somehow convinced themselves a spinoff, which the series has had and has never been numbered, is somehow the new main entry just because

Oooooooh, this is interesting. If anything about the "westernized" monhun is true then it makes a 1000x more sense to rebrand it as some spin off (ala Persona) rather than risk pissing traditional fans of by making it MonHun5. Looking forward to what this is going to be like. It'd be funny if this turned out to be a reshuffled Dragons Dogma

If you mean the 4chan leak, that said the title of the PS4 game would be Monster Hunter 5, not a spinoff.

I mean, this could still be it. They could just drop the number. A simple subtitle would make it more approachable for the mass market they're allegedly targeting. We'll see in a couple days. Maybe.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

My bets are on either this being the localised chinese mmo or the rumoured westernized "monster hunter".

Either way RIP Dauntless if/when it comes out.

For sure. As long as tradition style MH is still being made, I'm down for checking out any spin offs.

Mafro

PS4 gets Monster Hunter 5 which is soft reboot meant to appeal to casuals. Nintendo gets the standard Monster Hunter people come to expect.

I believe it also called XX being a Switch title so it seems to be a good one.
XX getting Switch port is probably the least surprising thing ever so that doesn't really add any weight to that rumour tbh

antonz

If you mean the 4chan leak, that said the title of the PS4 game would be Monster Hunter 5, not a spinoff.

To be fair the leak also suggested the main MH team about had a heart attack and were rushing to get back with Nintendo on the Switch.

So any MH on console could be renamed etc

So PS4 gets new exclusive MonHun while Switch gets 3DS port? Guess that leaked rumor was true then?

It's a Monster Hunter spinoff. Almost every console has gotten them. The PS2, PS3 and 360 (Wii and Wii U got ports of MH3). They've always been different from the main, numbered, entries

L Thammy

Will this be the end to "I just want a Monster Hunter that plays like Dark Souls and has none of the gameplay features of Monster Hunter"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom