• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom files trademark for "Monster Hunter: World" in U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

I'm starting to think this is just Monster Hunter XX's localized name. That game is made up of several worlds from past MonHun games and what the heck else are they going to call it? Monster Hunter Generations G? Monster Hunter Generations XX?

It's safer to assume this than anything else at this point in time.

If it is a new game, I don't care what system it is on, I just want it to be a true MonHun game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
already try to assaign to which plattform this comes and trying to devalue it then by spinnoff

this is gonna be a good e3 for meltdowns, at least for me to spectate
I find nothing wrong with it being a spinoff, just look at Persona. I just don't get why people think this was supposed to be 5. Just because it's the next Monster Hunter game?

KingBroly

Banned
The excitement over this rumor has always been so odd.

Capcom Makes A Westernized Monster Hunter that apparently even their own people have no faith in so the Main Monster Hunter team goes back to working on a new Switch Game.

So its a spin off by people that aren't even the primary MH team

I don't think people who haven't played Monster Hunter realize what Monster Hunter actually entails.

ggx2ac

I'm starting to think this is just Monster Hunter XX's localized game. That game is made up of several worlds from past MonHun games and what the heck else are they going to call it? Monster Hunter Generations G? Monster Hunter Generations XX?

Monster Hunter Grand Generations

and when there's Monster Hunter XXX

It will be Monster Hunter Great Grand Generations.

Maybe.

Kouriozan

I'm starting to think this is just Monster Hunter XX's localized name. That game is made up of several worlds from past MonHun games and what the heck else are they going to call it? Monster Hunter Generations G? Monster Hunter Generations XX?

If it is a new game, I don't care what system it is on, I just want it to be a true MonHun game.

Or it might be called World because this one would be truly open world.

Eolz

I'm starting to think this is just Monster Hunter XX's localized game. That game is made up of several worlds from past MonHun games and what the heck else are they going to call it? Monster Hunter Generations G? Monster Hunter Generations XX?

giphy.gif

(De)generation X obviously

Ōkami;239839345 said:
It is a game and its not an MMO and its not for mobile.

Its also going to cause meltdowns, from all sides.
Monster Hunter World will likely be a PS4/PC/X1 game but will be a weird reboot is what I'm getting from that.
Basically the rumor said awhile back, though it's ditching the MH5 name?

Neonep

People saying that does it for DMC5. So you're saying that Itsuno has been working on a Monster Hunter game for damn near 2 years now? Nah.

Rncewind

I find nothing wrong with it being a spinoff, just look at Persona. I just don't get why people think this was supposed to be 5. Just because it's the next Monster Hunter game?

me neither but thats not how console warrior logic works im afraid

i mean persona is the perfect example i remember the posts where people saying SMT is the best persona is for casuals and the other way arround lol

Eolz

Monster Hunter World will likely be a PS4/PC/X1 game but will be a weird reboot is what I'm getting from that.
Basically the rumor said awhile back, though it's ditching the MH5 name?

Not a reboot, just another spinoff. Could be a tie with the movie too.
They have no reason to reboot the series.

Kyoufu

Either way, it's not a numbered sequel to what they're currently making.

Who cares? They've been working on this for years. Real MH fans don't care if it's a numbered game or not, like they didn't care that the game following MH4 was MHX/Generations.

Kouichi

People saying that does it for DMC5. So you're saying that Itsuno has been working on a Monster Hunter game for damn near 2 years now? Nah.

I still think Itsuno is making DMC5 but I wouldn't expect it at E3 anymore if this really does end up being the PS4 Monster Hunter.

jmizzal

I dont get it, if the rumor is real, why would there be meltdowns? Who would it be?

The rumor says PS4 gets a main MH game with changes to appeal to the west and Switch gets a main MH game similar to the old ones.

Sounds good for everybody, unless Xbox and PC players all of a sudden want MH

Well, Capcom has only one not announced game releasing till the end of the current fiscal year, it seens this is it.

Scrawnton

I dont get it, if the rumor is real, why would there be meltdowns? Who would it be?

The rumor says PS4 gets a main MH game with changes to appeal to the west and Switch gets a main MH game similar to the old ones.

I think some people are cherry picking what they want out of the the rumors, such as PS4 wins and Nintendo loses. That's why people want meltdowns.

brinstar

yeah I'm not seeing the negatives here

Eolz

Who cares? They've been working on this for years. Real MH fans don't care if it's a numbered game or not, like they didn't care that the game following MH4 was MHX/Generations.

"real MH fans" also don't care about spinoffs that don't look like the classic gameplay, like they didn't care about Frontier, Online, Stories, etc.

phanphare

Banned
man, I hope it's good

knowing that traditional Monster Hunter will still live one I'd love for two different flavors to coexist. hopefully Capcom doesn't fuck it up somehow.

sinonobu

Banned

Agreed 100%. Excited to try this one out (if it's not awful)

Generations Ultimate

Philippo

Calling the Western-focused reboot MH:World while keeping the numbered series on Switch would make for the safest solution for Capcom imho
Try to expand the series to mainstream western audience with a new spin off series, while keeping the mainline series where the fanbase already is, especially in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom