• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: "Give us a break" over Dead Rising 3 framerate; now at locked 30fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, regardless I'm very, very happy performance is solid now. Looking forward to playing this next year.
Discussing the technical hitches the studio has faced during Dead Rising 3's development, producer Mike Jones said that the team "got dinged" by the response to the game at Gamescom.

"Everybody online was freaking out around Gamescom," said Jones (via Capsule Computers), "they were like 'oh the frame rate looks sh*ty,' and it's like 'dude, we're still working on the game. We're still optimizing it. It's not finished.'

"That's the last thing you do, once it's complete and you have all the world built, all the missions built and everything in there, THEN you start optimizing. Then you start getting the frame rate up there, getting the performance up there."

"People have noticed," Jones continued. "I've seen articles hit the web just last week when we were at Tokyo Game Show, from our Gamescom build to our Tokyo Game Show build. It is similar content, and a similar area of the world so people who saw it at Gamescom and saw it at Tokyo Game Show were like, 'oh sh*t they weren't lying, they actually did optimize everything, and the framerate is totally solid now,' and we're like; 'See? We're not done, we're still working on it! Give us a break, there's two more months till we come out! We're human beings too! We have feelings too!'"
Thanks Videogamer

Ein Bear

Whilst it's great news that they've fixed it, it's not exactly common for a game's framerate to look that rough in pre-release media, so some concern was warranted. They're acting like every game is a choppy lag-fest at E3.

The criticism was well warranted considering that Dead Rising 2 was a technical mess. Its one of the few games I have ever seen were the sequel looks and performs worse than the original.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dead Rising doesn't have the best reputation for a solid framerate. Add that to a ported/rejiggered 360 game running terribly and people will notice.

Well, they said when first showing it off that they were working towards locking it at 30fps...and now they have. Capcom told the truth.

Guess we will see.

Sean*O

See we will keep cutting shit back and lowering the quality of the assets until we can make it run at 30FPS 720p on this hardware.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He isn't really wrong. All the freaking out around E3 about framerate and jaggies on next gen launch games was a bit laughable. Look at the differences in Killzone and DriveClub.

Tsundere

Banned
Although, being locked at 30fps is nothing to brag about either. But good to hear it's running at the bare minimum framers the we'd expect from this generation.

What producer talks like that?

I get he's referencing what others may have said but it's such a weird way of running an interview

Just provide the information, K?

Thanks

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'd say give them a break but the Framerate takes those frequently I guess.

That was funnier in my head

Caboose

attachment.php

PureGone

Banned
All at the all the Microsoft fanboys supporting this guy right now then going into the DriveClub thread and trolling about framerate.

Wait, what? I thought core optimization began early in development? I vaguely remember reading that some developer preferred to get performance out of the way first. Might have been Igarashi during the development of Lament...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
What producer talks like that?

I get he's referencing what others may have said but it's such a weird way of running an interview

Just provide the information, K?

Thanks

I don't think you know what an interview is?

bryehn

How dare those customers be concerned about the final quality of a product they wish to buy...

To be fair, most consumers are uninformed troglodytes that have no idea of how the development process works and a propensity for knee-jerk reactions.

DeVeAn

Sorry been burned too many times to give a fuck about "your feelings". Really every time I hear "we are still working on it" its release half done. SHOW ME a final product running solid and I'll buy.

Mugatu

I hate this stuff, if people have a negative reaction then it's "come on the game's not even finished" but they would have no problem reaping the benefits of people who are impressed by something that ends up not making it into the final product.

What is it with the company whining lately? We as individuals are supposed to cry and complain, corporations are supposed to have spokespeople who stay professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom