• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has just registered 'Dragon's Dogma Online' trademark in Europe [and Japan]

Raide

Yea, i've got something to bite down on when we hear how we'll be getting pounded in the ass by this. Something feels wrong. Why can't we simply get Dragon's Dogma 2?

The more positive aspect could be this F2P DD game could do well enough to fund a true sequel, or the Online version of DD is just a remake with online components?

JNA

Banned
I really don't understand some devs these days.

-People begged for KOTOR 3. Instead, we get a generic MMO SWTOR.
-People want an Elder Scrolls with Co-op. Instead, we get an ever more generic MMO Elder Scrolls Online. That also plays NOTHING like an Elder Scrolls game.

Now people want a DD2 and instead, we might get DDO that will probably be F2P with Micro Transactions up the ass.

Why not just make the damn game people actually want?

Squire

Banned
I really don't understand some devs these days.

-People begged for KOTOR 3. Instead, we get a generic MMO SWTOR.
-People want an Elder Scrolls with Co-op. Instead, we get an ever more generic MMO Elder Scrolls Online. That also plays NOTHING like an Elder Scrolls game.

Now people want a DD2 and instead, we might get DDO that will probably be F2P with Micro Transactions up the ass.

Why not just make the damn game people actually want?

Because the people you're referring to are usually very small groups yelling on the internet that aren't worth that much money.

Zaventem

I'm not spending a cent on an online only game but looking at how destiny has done i'm sure there are those that will buy this in an instant. Dragon Dogma is a good game, then again i played dark arisen when they decided to fix everything. Fuck, i thought deep down was the online only game? why fuck over the DD franchise :(

JNA

Banned
Because the people you're referring to are usually very small groups yelling on the internet that aren't worth that much money.

I wouldn't exactly call those people small groups considering the epic fail of SWTOR's first year that forced them to go F2P not even a year after launch. Or how completely irrelevant ESO is now.

I really need a new dragons dogma. id prefer it wasnt an mmo, but if they keep the combat it would straight up be the best combat an mmo has seen. I can just imagine a raid all jumping on a dragon boss and holding on to him so the weight cripples its ability to fly. awesome potential.

Ushiwaka

Well, GAF hype got to me and I'm playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen right now. The combat system is sooo good and addicting! I hope this is actually DD2, cause while DD is a very good game, its not a masterpiece imo. A lot of things can get improved. Gimme a good story/lore, a default fast travel system, transportation (riding horses or maybe even griffins!), a way to shut up all the pawns and it will be GOAT.

Top Bottom