• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has just registered 'Dragon's Dogma Online' trademark in Europe [and Japan]

Fbh

What would be bad about a coop DD where you actually play with real people now?

Well no one can know how the game will turn out until we actually see it.

But the fact it ends with "Online" makes me (and I'm sure other people) think it won't be Dragon's Dogma 2 with Online Co-op but rather a more MMO type of experience which is NOT what I want from a DD sequel.

Today just doesn't stop delivering.

giphy.gif

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I've got a thought that this online may in fact be that the position of Pawns and such (besides perhaps your one main pawn) has been replaced by players online that can show up just as the pawns did. Almost Journey or DS style...

That would be.... yum.

Just keep that combat/vocation bizness strong and it's allllll good.

I've got a thought that this online may in fact be that the position of Pawns and such (besides perhaps your one main pawn) has been replaced by players online that can show up just as the pawns did. Almost Journey or DS style...

That would be.... yum.

Just keep that combat/vocation bizness strong and it's allllll good.

They already have Monster Hunter for co-op hunting and Deep Down for F2P online game. I doubt they'll do another separate co-op experience.

I really hope it's what you're saying over an MMO but my expectations are fairly grounded nowadays with the word Online.

studyguy

for people who are still freaking out:

this is called Monster Hunter Online, yet still looks and plays exactly like a normal monster hunter game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfKTBozWvqg

at least wait until even a single piece of information comes out to start with the doom and gloom lol

Played MH Frontier for nearly 3 years.
The level of grind in that game was atrocious even as a hardcore MH fan. If you think getting 1 or 2 gems that have 1% drop rates was bad, try 8 with an even smaller drop rate unless you paid for a premium ticket to get a better chance run for a few days.

No thanks.

joecanada

I guess I'm the only one that never played Dragon Dogma lol. Is it that good?

It suffered from performance issues but hands down best gameplay in a rpg. Shits on everything else... Just thinking of mindlessly mashing buttons in dragons age after that game makes me feel ill

It suffered from performance issues but hands down best gameplay in a rpg. Shits on everything else... Just thinking of mindlessly mashing buttons in dragons age after that game makes me feel ill

Well, Dragons Dogma was an action RPG and Dragons Age roots is in click point isometric RPGs like Baldurs Gate...

OmegaDL50

Spew stream of endless parade of "What, what, what" ad infinitum like in Noreaga's Superthug and that is pretty much my reaction right now.

Squire

Banned
They already have Monster Hunter for co-op hunting and Deep Down for F2P online game. I doubt they'll do another separate co-op experience.

I really hope it's what you're saying over an MMO but my expectations are fairly grounded nowadays with the word Online.

No, 3DS owners have it. More power to them, but the market is bigger than that and Capcom knows it. It's definitely a niche DD could fill in the console space.

Gurish

Fuck. Online is bad news guys, no way around it, people are going to be pissed once the game is revealed...

Not like this, Capcom. Not like this. When I hear "Online" I think "MMO/F2P." Neither of those is what I want from DD.

I think this might be Deep Down rebranded for the west, though. Possibly to test the waters for an actual Dragon's Dogma 2? Maybe? Hopefully.

LtOrange

An MMO with the combat in Dragon's Dogma would be pretty awesome, but I doubt that is what they are making. I'm hoping they take DD 1 and just replace pawns with real people.

An MMO with the combat in Dragon's Dogma would be pretty awesome, but I doubt that is what they are making. I'm hoping they take DD 1 and just replace pawns with real people.

Pawns dont need to be replaced. Just add the option to play with real people instead of pawns but leave the option to play with pawns.

If people think this will be an online only game and they will not axe half of the battle system... High chances are that you will be disappointed.

Dinda

That's exactly what I thought. It makes sense to rename it accordingly.

How would that be to rename it "accordingly"? Deep Down looks absolutely nothing like Dragon's Dogma.

Don't get me wrong, i fear this is exactly what Capcom will do, but it sure as hell would in no way live up as Dragon' s Dogma title with this slow ass combat and wihout real character Creation. (They confirmed you play as a set male character in Deep Down)
I'm not even talking about that modern day/future stuff.

eXistor

Oh god...please don't fuck this one up Capcom, my last shred of respect for you rides on this. Well, maybe let Nintendo develop a new Mega Man and we're cool I suppose.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's gonna be a f2p web browser game.

C'mon guys, it's Capcom - expect the worst, discover Capcom can make your worst nightmares a rainbow paradise in comparison to their output.

joecanada

Pawns dont need to be replaced. Just add the option to play with real people instead of pawns but leave the option to play with pawns.

why are most of the people in games forums smarter than actual whole companies?? I don't understand how most of these people get jobs.

For the people who keep saying that maybe this just means online co-op: when is the last time a series added the word "Online" to the title of it's next entry simply because they added co-op? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely.

For the people who keep saying that maybe this just means online co-op: when is the last time a series added the word "Online" to the title of it's next entry simply because they added co-op? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely.

that's my reasoning. multiplayer or MMO but co-op?

Meicyn

Gold Member
Phantasy Star and Monster Hunter.

xHiryu

What if they just trademarked the name just to fuck with everyone. And they announce that were getting not only a legit Dragons Dogma 2 in the Panty Raid Engine with online coop and pawns, but also Deep Down in the west, and a remastered edition of the first.

2049464.jpg

let me dream

Played MH Frontier for nearly 3 years.
The level of grind in that game was atrocious even as a hardcore MH fan. If you think getting 1 or 2 gems that have 1% drop rates was bad, try 8 with an even smaller drop rate unless you paid for a premium ticket to get a better chance run for a few days.

No thanks.
All of that is completely besides the point, people are acting like DD is gonna become some standard MMO and lose itself. Even if the grind was worse in frontier compared to a standard MH, It was still monster hunter through and through.

Also, I posted Monster Hunter ONLINE (different games), not frontier, and the only point is that slapping ONLINE at the end of the name of a game doesnt automatically make it an MMO that doesnt resemble the original game at all.

joecanada

Classic dragons Dogma with online coop would prevent me buying another game for 6 months.... two people climbing a golem at once to hack away or dual sorcerer lync spells just as with pawns, beautiful

Top Bottom