• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has just registered 'Dragon's Dogma Online' trademark in Europe [and Japan]

Damerman

we've all been waiting so long for this, now we have to wait some more, as we dread what the "online" moniker might mean.... FUUUUAAARRRRKKK!!!!

Marvel

could never
fHsanZo.gif

Jathaine

As long as its not a rebranding of Deep Down and actually has that solid combat from the first game, I'll be happy with it.

Make this game happen, Capcom.

VariantX

better be real dogma and not re-branded deep down. those are two different games with two completely different sets of mechanics

Percy

Banned
Just curious... why do some of you think they're going to rebrand Deep Down as part of an IP we've been led to believe Capcom didn't consider a success to begin with?

Not arguing with anyone, just curious as to why they'd do it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYTYYYYTHTHPHTHPHPNNNPPPPp

YES YES YES

I FEEL THE WIND!

I guess I'm the only one that never played Dragon Dogma lol. Is it that good?

Honestly, I was not that blown away by it. I quit after a few hours which might not have been enough time to fully judge it, but I'm not a big fan of WRPGs in their stories and structures (or quests). And Dragon's Dogma is definitely a WRPG at heart, but with a much better battle system. It wasn't enough to keep me going, though. Maybe I'll give it another try one day.

Unit24

If it's an MMO, I'm going to be disappointed. If it's an MMO and it's being made in place of Dragon's Dogma 2, I'm going to vomit.

tskeeve

Honestly, I was not that blown away by it. I quit after a few hours which might not have been enough time to fully judge it, but I'm not a big fan of WRPGs in their stories and structures (or quests). And Dragon's Dogma is definitely a WRPG at heart, but with a much better battle system. It wasn't enough to keep me going, though. Maybe I'll give it another try one day.

Felt the exact same way. The combat was excellent, but the world/atmosphere/storytelling/questing was so sub-par that I lost interest about halfway through the game and never picked it back up. It lacks the drive that the Souls series imparts in the player, where you feel compelled to explore and discover more of the world.

people remaining positive, I was remaining positive when a sequel to Sleeping Dogs was announced.

And then....

I won't freak out, I'll just be pessimistic.

Online doesn't necessarily mean MMO, it could just be replacing pawns with real players

do you actually believe that? I'm sorry but I don't, I rather be skeptical than believing it will be some sort of single player mode with online mode or features implemented, if it were the case I guess it wouldn't be named ONLINE..

Top Bottom