• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is looking to revive more dormant IPs, MvC series has shipped 7M units

rackham

Banned
Need a proper sequel to breath of fire iv. Not the shit they gave us.

Need a continuation of the mega man x and zero series.

Gemeanie

I'd actually really like to see Batsu in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (brought over from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom). He'd fit in pretty nicely now that the game has gone back to a 2v2 format.

giphy.gif
Oh I definitely love to see his return in crossover games, I just hope Capcom doesn't conveniently sweep everything about RS into SF universe because part of RS's charm is its Japanese high school comic setting
and datesim:p

Sesha

Veering away from discussing individual franchises, I pose an open question. Is it likely that Capcom would look at each franchise as a way to tap into unserved or underserved markets or otherwise try to fill their line-up with a variety of different genres?

GooWop

I have said this before but I think they should turn Lost Planet into a a triple A monster hunter esque title. Where you hunt big monsters in large scale environments for their energy and resources. Dynamic fightts featuring on-foot, and mechanised combat as players hunt and kill monsters of various sizes to sustain their civilisation.

In Lost Planet the monsters hold the energy so you could always use it as a resource to heat an entire town / village and have it town development depend on the players success progressing through various hunting missions.

I think given the options available in LP gameplay, Mechs, vehicles, co-operative play, a myriad of grenades, weapons, mech combinations, etc, it would be super fun to take these creatures down. Lost Planet 2 already had some of the best boss fights in the industry, it's just that they were stuck in an otherwise, rather poorly structured game.

LP on the 360 was soo good. I loved the visuals, what an amazing looking game. It was very fun too. I'd be all in for another one.

Must say, Power Stone is far and above everything else. I need it!!!

fernoca

7 million might not sound like a lot for a series as known and as old as this one; or even compared to Smash Bros. or the recent Mortal Kombat X/XL.

But considering how Capcom has handled the releases of this series by releasing gimped versions, had MvC2 as a Dreamcast exclusive for many years and then follow that with limited releases on PS2/Xbox and the situation of MvC3 that was followed with a re-release of Ultimate months later... is not a surprising number.

shaowebb

Onimusha, Dino Crisis, Megaman, Chaos Legion, Godhand, P.N.03, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Power Stone, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Final Fight, Ghosts and Goblins, Puzzle Fighter...they got a LOT to work with and I've barely mentioned all they have to draw from.

Heck just working with Marvel means the beatem ups could return. I'd love for some more old school arcade ports or styled games.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'm not sure how much I trust modern Capcom. They lost a lot of talent from their golden era, and attempts to resurrect or change direction on IP in recent gens have delivered very uneven results.

Whatever new stuff they do, they should garnish liberally with remakes of some of their classics that are known quantities. For every REVII that's a risky reinvention, have an RE2 that gives new life to a game that's already well-loved. That way if the former doesn't work out, they've got a safety net.

If they do revive Dino Crisis, I wonder what direction they'll go in? I'm one that believes that DC2 was the right direction for it. It feels much better as an action game than as a survival horror game. But given all the tech advancements since the PSone-era, they could do some pretty cool stuff with it as a more traditional survival horror game.

Just make sure to bring back Regina no matter the direction.

Capcom please, it's been too long since the last Dino Crisis and the series was even a platinum seller for you. Just do me this solid. Would be the perfect way to give RE6 style action to people who still want that.

Yoooooo... This is an amazing idea!

- Do whatever you want with the main numbered Resident Evils (like first person for RE7 or whatever)

- Keep the RE4-ish style for the Revelations subset of games

- Use something like Dino Crisis as the wild card. If the market is in the mood for pure REmake survival horror, give them that. If they're in the mood for balls-to-the-wall RE6 action, then give them that too. As long as it's in the Dino Crisis universe, it's all good.

EDIT: pretty much what SolidSnakex said above.

Darkstalkers!

Actually, my dream game from Capcom at this point would be a 'Capcom Battle Royale' fighting game, utilising all the characters from their many fighting franchises, that is 3on3 but plays more like SF/KoF than the VS series.

I guess a modern 'Capcom Fighting Jam' but with a much wider breadth of characters.

I'll take either a new entry or an HD remake of the first Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha. Keep the crazy, super fun gameplay and all of the Arika characters.

Please, I want that B.B. Hood spinoff game. Third-person shooter killing creatures and people from fairy tales.

I also want an Okami 2, but I feel like it might never happen.

PSqueak

Banned
Power Stone and tech romancer would be my biggest wishes now that MVCI was announced.

Oh, and Rival Schools too (or in the very least, have RS characters in SFV)

Calm Mind

I expected those MvC numbers to be higher. This focus eSports is eroding customers rather than new creating ones.

Sesha

Onimusha and Okami for me, thanks.

And DMC's been done to death. Let it rest for a bit.

DMC has had five games plus four updated ports/remaster releases over 15 years. Last entry being in 2013. There was a five year gap between DMC4 and DmC. The earliest a new one releases would be 2018, five years since DmC. Meaning three games over 10 years. I say it's rested enough.

Compared to DMC, Onimusha however got four mainline games, two spin-off games and one updated port from 2001 to 2006.

A Lost Planet game would be massively welcome. I dunno Capcom hasn't really had major tent pole releases in comparison to last gen but something still tells me they'll impress before it's all said and done.

Top Bottom