• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

capcom on wii?

No, so far they have shown major support for Xbox 360 (Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 5) and PS3 (Devil May Cry 4, Monster Hunter 3 and Resident Evil 5).

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Capcom has close ties with Nintendo, and believed in the Gamecube - Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil's beginnings on the console makes me certain that Capcom won't leave Nintendo just yet.

A Viewtiful Joe and Megaman game is very likely, but nothing has been announced.

I'm also sure we'll see everything on the virtual console from Cappers.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
love capcom, they know where gaming is truly at.

omigoshdonthurtmeplz

Doom_Bringer said:
No, so far they have shown major support for Xbox 360 (Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 5) and PS3 (Devil May Cry 4, Monster Hunter 3 and Resident Evil 5).
At least we have Dead Rising.

::breaks bread::

kruskev said:
Is there any other game besides resident evil Wii that capcom is working on for the platform?

I don't think so, unless they are going to publish Heroes for Suda like they did with Killer 7. I've been vary dissapointed by their support of the Wii so far. The Xbox 360 is getting Lost Planet, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil 5. The PS3 is getting Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4, and other stuff like that, but they haven't put any support behind the Wii. Ofcourse that could be because they know the Wii is going to be popular. We all know that Capcom is afraid of sucess.

Bo130

McBacon said:

That, my good sir, would be awesome.

EDIT: I think they have something good hiding for us, though :)

Amir0x

Banned
Yes, of course more games from Capcom are coming for Wii. Just wait until TGS or E3..., nevermind E3 is cancelled forever :lol

fresquito

The Abominable Snowman said:
Like most pubs, they're probably uncertain of the Wii's success... but knowing capcom that won't stop them from supporting it.
You have it wrong. Capcom is sure Wii will succed, they would support it heavily the other way.

Terrell

I'm a firm believer in the Capcom Curse, so I'm hoping for no Wii support from them until the platform has already been well-established.
That said, though, Inafune has already stated that he believes that any future Megaman games on consoles will likely be for Wii, since PS3 is squarely aimed at people willing to spend $600 on a console, and thus will be unlikely to be impressed by the franchise without giving it blockbuster graphics.

jamesinclair said:
Dreamcast, Gamecube, PSP....

Wii is blessed.
You forgot the Saturn in there, as well. And, to a lesser extent, the 3DO.

ourumov

It's kinda curious that every non-Sony platfform they support with tons of games, ends having problems. Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube... A pity...Anyways, I believe that a Onimusha game using the wii-mote would rock :)

E-Nature

capcom are one of the ones who were "missing the boat" on the wii. they are gonna miss some big dollars until somewhen in 2007

The last decade of Capcom shareholder meetings, summarized:

"The Saturn is the system to beat! And by Saturn, we mean Dreamcast. Dreamcast? Haha, just kidding: GameCube is where it's at! By which of course we mean that the PSP is the future of gaming. Okay, maybe we don't know what the future is, but it's definitely not Wii. Wait: what happened at E3? Oh, god fucking damn it."

keanerie

Kobun Heat said:
The last decade of Capcom shareholder meetings, summarized:

"The Saturn is the system to beat! And by Saturn, we mean Dreamcast. Dreamcast? Haha, just kidding: GameCube is where it's at! By which of course we mean that the PSP is the future of gaming. Okay, maybe we don't know what the future is, but it's definitely not Wii. Wait: what happened at E3? Oh, god fucking damn it."

:lol :lol :lol

The Abominable Snowman said:
On WHAT controller?

The classic controller I would assume.

I think Nintendo pretty much has to include the classic controller shell with the system now ... I mean Smash Bros. Brawl is going to be a major title for them, it has to be playable out of the box with 100% of Wii systems IMO.

You can't expect everyone to have had a GameCube before (others may have sold their GameCubes and controllers since).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
soundwave05 said:
The classic controller I would assume.

I think Nintendo pretty much has to include the classic controller shell with the system now ... I mean Smash Bros. Brawl is going to be a major title for them, it has to be playable out of the box with 100% of Wii systems IMO.

You can't expect everyone to have had a GameCube before (others may have sold their GameCubes and controllers since).
SSBB will have a waggle configuration alongside working with the cube controller.

McBacon said:
Capcom has close ties with Nintendo, and believed in screwing over the Gamecube when it came to exclusives - Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil's porting to the PS2 with exclusive content makes me certain that Capcom are jackasses.

Fixed.

ethelred

McBacon said:
Capcom has close ties with Nintendo, and believed in the Gamecube - Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil's beginnings on the console makes me certain that Capcom won't leave Nintendo just yet.

A Viewtiful Joe and Megaman game is very likely, but nothing has been announced.

I'm certain there'll be more Capcom stuff... Inafune said that he thinks that the Wii is likely the best console for the MegaMan franchise, for instance. However, most of the other teams... don't seem like likely candidates for Wii development, overall. And as to Viewtiful Joe, eh, we'll see. Inaba/Clover/Mikami were all big GameCube supporters, but if you read over Inaba's comments about the Wii, he really doesn't seem particularly enthused by the machine. I wouldn't expect much there.

I think Megaman, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe might be franchises that end up Wii-specific in the future.

That would seem to make some sense, Capcom kind of already hinted Megaman would be a good fit for the Wii.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
With how Okami sold (and will sell in America), there is no way it becomes a franchise. Unless, of course, they just eat their losses and continue the fellate the hardcore segment. I'd say no way, but it IS possible since it's capcom.

Megaman will be fun on wii. Should they go 3rd person again?

ethelred

soundwave05 said:
I think Megaman, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe might be franchises that end up Wii-specific in the future.

That would seem to make some sense, Capcom kind of already hinted Megaman would be a good fit for the Wii.

Viewtiful Joe = multiplatform.

I seriously doubt we'll be seeing Okami on Wii. Like I said, Inaba's comments are not those of someone who wants to be putting games on the system.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
With how Okami sold (and will sell in America), there is no way it becomes a franchise. Unless, of course, they just eat their losses and continue the fellate the hardcore segment. I'd say no way, but it IS possible since it's capcom.

I think the Wii could be a home for a lot of these Capcom franchises that seem to be a bit more fringe/hardcore these days.

Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Powerstone, Megaman, stuff like that. I don't know if Capcom really feels theres a market for these franchises anymore on the PS3/360.

Maybe Capcom is one of the Japanese publishers Iwata said during the E3 conference - that will be showing their games at a later date? Or was that just damage control..

Y2Kevbug11 said:

I think Wii is the only platform I would say that a 3rd Person Shooter Megaman would be fine. Just don't remind me of Megaman 64.

NotWii

Banned
McBacon said:
Ummm Shinji Mikami has close ties, Capcom's management however never believed in GCN, hence breaking exclusivity time and again

soundwave05 said:
I think the Wii could be a home for a lot of these Capcom franchises that seem to be a bit more fringe/hardcore these days.

Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Powerstone, Megaman, stuff like that. I don't know if Capcom really feels theres a market for these franchises anymore on the PS3/360.

Not really if Nintendo are going after the 'non-gamer' Nintendogs/Brain Training crowd. How the 'eck is one of those types of new gamers going to cope with Viewtiful Joe?

renvi said:
GameCube has proven Nintendo is not good to be partner with.
hope Capcom will learn a lesson.

Well, most of the Gamecube games sold better than their PS2 games. Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4?.

I think Sega and Nintendo will be best friends this generation. Their games appeal to the same markets.

What negative comments has Inaba made about Wii?

Anyway, I'm sure Capcom will announce a couple more Wii games at (or by) E3. Keep in mind that their entire E3 showing this year was rather lackluster, with both RE5 and DMC4 MIA at the show, and it shouldn't be taken as indicative of everything the company has planned.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Stopsign said:
I think Sega and Nintendo will be best friends this generation. Their games appeal to the same markets.

If Capcom ain't supporting Nintendo that much, what makes you think SEGA of all people will?

Die Squirrel Die said:
Not really if Nintendo are going after the 'non-gamer' Nintendogs/Brain Training crowd. How the 'eck is one of those types of new gamers going to cope with Viewtiful Joe?

I don't know if I see the Wii working in the same way as the DS in this sense. The DS can get away with things like Brain Training, English Training, etc. because of the touchscreen/PDA type functionality that's inherint to that.

The Wii is still basically a game machine, all the controller really is doing is making it an easier device for a person to pick up and play.

I think it's more like the original idea behind the Famicom, rebooted.

renvi

Banned
Stopsign said:
Well, most of the Gamecube games sold better than their PS2 games. Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4?.

take a look at the sales of DMC, Onimusha and other Capcom titles on the PS2.

Stopsign said:

Some of their games appeal to the same market, afterall Sega have a pretty broad range of styles. Broader than Nintendo's? I'd say so. Certainly SMB/Sonic cross over very nicely with Nintendo's market. Virtua Tennis would be another probable candidate but it might end up overshadowed by Wii Sports/Mario Tennis. Stylistically Skies of Arcadia could also be a fit, but the GC audience didn't really take to SoAL, but that was a port which sort of muddies the water a bit. Then again you look at what happened with Tales of Symphonia, and it's not inconceivable that the same could happen to a Wii SoA. Sega should trade exclusivity with Nintendo for the big N's help in pushing the game in the West.

Overall while I imagine that the majority of Sega's support will go PS3/360 (with a lot of multiplatform), the Wii will get decent, but more importantly, unique support, very few ports, lots of original projects.

I don't think anyone would suggest Devil May Cry and Onimusha would be better off on the Wii over the PS3.

I think companies like Sega and Capcom need to be a lot smarter in how they handle their franchises.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
renvi said:
take a look at the sales of DMC, Onimusha and other Capcom titles on the PS2.

Practically every PS2/GC title Capcom made sold better on the GC. And iirc, RE4 on GC alone sold more than the best selling Onimusha (someone can correct, if I'm wrong).

Chris Michael said:
Capcom appears to hate Nintendo for some mysterious reason. :lol

I think that the fiasco of the Capcom Five is a good enough reason for them...

renvi said:
GameCube has proven Nintendo is not good to be partner with.

Care to develop this statement a bit ? How has this proved anything ?

Top Bottom