• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom open to explore more remakes and re-releases

Which Capcom IP is most hype for the remake treatment?

• Onimusha

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Okami

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Mega Man 1

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Dino Crisis

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • Resident Evil Outbreak

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters

EDMIX

Capcom open to explore more remakes and re-releases. With Resident Evil 2 coming early next year, looks like Capcom is doing what many of us have thought they might do. So Resident Evil 3 remake looks very sound as what this team works on next, no worries about Resident Evil 8 as its already in development by the main RE team, the team making Resident Evil 2 remake is actually the team that did the remaster for RE1 2002 and Zero.

Besides the obvious RE3, what else could they be remaking?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-confirmed/1100-6429698/

https://www.videogamer.com/news/cap...e-possibility-of-more-remakes-and-re-releases

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Power Stone 3 and a proper Breath of Fire sequel would be great. Throw a curve ball and remaster El Dorado Gate while they're at it.

Vawn

Banned
I personally find true remakes like Resident Evil 1 and 2 and the upcoming FF7 more exciting than actual new games.

Reliving a classic game told in a manner that wasn't possible at the time of its initial release is a cool experience

EDMIX

Can I get uhhhhhhh Onimusha remake? Dino Crisis would be cool too.

I would have been ok with a Onimusha remaster in HD at least last gen, now I want a full on remake lol I'm still shocked that the series has not be re-released. Dino Crisis with RE6 controls basically sells itself lol

Man, fuck remakes and the lazy cash grabs. Make a new game for goodness sake. Why do people continue to support this annoying endless remake trend?

Also, they already redid Okami in HD on the PS3.

And they'd better not remake DMC since you know they'd only butcher the combat. Now that nuGoW ruined the action in that series, the only company that can be relied on for solid hack and slash is Platinum Games. Everyone is just terrible at it or doesn't get combat mechanics or fills their game with RPG or open world nonsense that none of the hack and slash fans want.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This one is tough between Onimusha and Dino Crisis.

I feel Onimusha were the better games, but, with Sekiro and GoT coming out, just after Nioh, and then Nioh 2, that setting/theme seems covered.

We do not seem to have any survival horror Dino games on the roadmap.

I am going to abstain a vote, for now.

hecatomb

Banned
Man, fuck remakes and the lazy cash grabs. Make a new game for goodness sake. Why do people continue to support this annoying endless remake trend?

And they'd better not remake DMC since you know they'd only butcher the combat. Now that nuGoW ruined the action in that series, the only company that can be relied on for solid hack and slash is Platinum Games. Everyone is just terrible at it or doesn't get combat mechanics or fills their game with RPG or open world nonsense that none of the hack and slash fans want.
theres some PS1 games that need remakes, if you go back to PS1 now, a lot of the gfx just look really bad.

Vawn

Banned

Yeah, that RE2 remake looks like a lazy cash grab. I can't even tell which version is which when put up side by side.

/sarcasm

Okami never got a remake. That's a remaster, which is little more than a port. This is talking about full blown remakes.

A remaster is like when they take a 1950s Godzilla movie and bring it to BluRay in HD.

A remake is a modern day Godzilla movie, with a new cast, modern effects, etc. Its in no way a lazy cash grab.

Last edited:
theres some PS1 games that need remakes, if you go back to PS1 now, a lot of the gfx just look really bad.

They don't "need" remakes. We can just let them sit there and be old games. It's okay. We don't need to remake Die Hard because no one has cell phones in the movie just like we don't need to update the graphics of every game.

Not to mention that people who like those games like the old charm of the game and that includes the graphics. I've never once had something I really liked and then thought "Gee, I hope someone updates this in a way that changes what it originally was." If folks want a remake of an old game then just make a new IP in the same genre.

I mean it's not like the first DMC had good combat anyway.

As primative as it was, it still had some solid mechanics. And you know a remake would butcher them. They can't even get DmC right.

Last edited:

Fbh

Not sure if fans would like it but I'd personally like to see DMC1 remake made in the style of more modern games (no fixed camera angles, DMC4 inspired combat, etc)

Dragons Dogma 2 needs to happen, with online play with other players, not just pawns.

Yep.
As much as I like some of their older properties. If I could chose 1 game for Capcom to make next it would be DD2

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
They don't "need" remakes. We can just let them sit there and be old games. It's okay. We don't need to remake Die Hard because no one has cell phones in the movie just like we don't need to update the graphics of every game.

Not to mention that people who like those games like the old charm of the game and that includes the graphics. I've never once had something I really liked and then thought "Gee, I hope someone updates this in a way that changes what it originally was." If folks want a remake of an old game then just make a new IP in the same genre.

As primative as it was, it still had some solid mechanics. And you know a remake would butcher them. They can't even get DmC right.
You know no one needs to do anything, but eat, sleep, work, and shower. Though theres a lot of people who want remakes.

Elcid

Banned

I want more remakes. Would love to see Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica. A lot of newer IPs are disappointing.

CatCouch

I want a new Haunting Ground/Clock Tower game. I just played through Remothered and could really go for a re-release of Haunting Ground right about now!

Also, I want a new Dino Crisis, maybe like the second one with more action. And Regina.

DiscoJer

I really don't get why they have ignored Dino Crisis. People love dinosaurs. Jurassic Park still is a huge franchise, even though the movies are basically the same thing over and over - dinos go amok.

I'd like to see Capcom take what they're doing with RE2 and apply it to RE3 and Dino Crisis. I'm fairly certain RE3make will happen next after RE2 releases.

Onimusha I just want remastered in a collection.

hecatomb

Banned
Dino Crisis had 2 was ok, it had wayyy too many keys, and people joked about calling key crisis, and Dino Crisis 3 well, was just bad

Definitely second this. Also Super Ghouls n Goblins please.

On a side note, why isnt RE4 on this list?
Resident Evil 4 needs more of the Halo Anniversary treatment than a full ground up remake. The game itself is fine and still holds up, but a new coat of paint would definitely be nice, especially the pre-rendered cutscenes needing to be re-rendered. Only things it really needs is being able to hot key weapons to d-pad, and the 2 control improvements from RE5 (smoother aiming and a proper twinstick control scheme option).

xwez

Banned
Resident Evil 4 needs more of the Halo Anniversary treatment than a full ground up remake. The game itself is fine and still holds up, but a new coat of paint would definitely be nice, especially the pre-rendered cutscenes needing to be re-rendered. Only things it really needs is being able to hot key weapons to d-pad, and the 2 control improvements from RE5 (smoother aiming and a proper twinstick control scheme option).

I loved the attache case system (over what they had in RE5 and RE7, mainly because it allowed for more items to be held), BUT hotkeys would take it to the next level. Having to go back to the attache case every time to change weapons was a bit of an annoyance.

May also add ability to walk and aim at the same time (ala how dead space did it). Not absolutely crucial though.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Power Stone 1+2 not an option? If there's any game series that needs a remake / new port it's that one with online added.

DonF

For megaman 1 just port powered up. I love that game.
I keep saying that with the Jurassic world hype, they should work on dino crisis, a new game or a remake.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
For megaman 1 just port powered up. I love that game.
I keep saying that with the Jurassic world hype, they should work on dino crisis, a new game or a remake.
They would have to make it look more like Mega Man 11 and less Mega Bonk unless they want low sales again. Still the most important feature added would be the level maker.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD_Shadow

Neo Member
What about games that were underrated?

There was a game back in the NES days I remember playing called Code Name: Viper. It was a decent side scrolling shooter that mirrored the gameplay of Rolling Thunder. Not to say everything was perfect, but it was fun to play. The story of the game, though a bit cliched at that point (taking down a huge drug syndicate in South America that has a bit of a twist at the end) could work now in a bit of different context of terrorism or something like that. Make it something like the Just Cause series.

Some video of it in case you are unfamiliar with the game I'm talking about:

Conflating movie remakes with video game remakes for the lose. Video games are a far more steadily evolving medium, as is the technology. Even remasters are great for keeping games commercially available.

BTW, why Mega Man 1 among the remakes? We already got Powered Up.

dirthead

Banned
Final Fight Remake would be amazing:love:

A fan is already doing a Sonic Mania style remake of Final Fight, and not only is it free, I can pretty much guarantee you that it will be better than any lazy ass thing Capcom will do. The fan remake is not only 10 players at once and lets you play as every character in the game, but each player can select the same character and on top of that it even has a survival mode with remixed stages themed after other Capcom beat 'em ups. There's simply no way an official Capcom product will come close.

What's crazy about it is that it also runs at any resolution, so the game is always full screen even if you have an ultra widescreen monitor. They even restructured the game so that levels with fixed background graphics get rebuilt manually for any resolution.

Capcom can barely get PC games to work at all. There's no way in hell they're going to even approach this.

The Shepard

We needed a onimusha HD collection like ages ago capcom, how come one has never materialised? Followed by a new trilogy or just remake the first one.

Also I'd love a new resident evil outbreak set in raccoon city. I always expected this last gen but my dream never came true.

Dino crises 4 using the resident evil 2 remakes engine aswell whilst your at it, or just remake the first. Get the monster hunter guys to create the dinosaurs.

Any of these and I'd be well happy. We got our resident evil 2 remake which is my most wanted game atm, hopefully they are listening 🤞

Last edited:

Hudo

How about you explore your development of Mega Man Legends 3 again? I fucking a bought a 3DS for this game back then....

Alternatively, a Mega Man Legends 1 (and or 2) Remake would suffice as well.

Top Bottom