• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom survey wants to know if you would buy another Resident Evil Remake

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
A canon game that his guy directed was one hell of a bullshit. I.e. RE6...
What a despicable, vomitive, crazy-bad, atrocious, hideous, pathetic game that was.....

I liked RE6. It was dumb bullshit but it was fun. The recent RE3 Remake is kinda similar to it in tone, actually. Very over-the-top. Very action focused. I think since the second game, RE has always been a horror-action hybrid rather than a pure horror game like Silent Hill or Siren.

Reactions: RSB
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
They should stop and make MML3 already.
Code Veronica is the only remake in history that needs to change the story, so they can retcon villagers in RE4, plagas, Carrie in RE7 and the werewolves in RE8

Yes, and they will make history by retconning a game that hasn't even released.
Brother RE as a franchise doesn't make a lick of sense. There is no point in retconning anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperGooey

Sure, as long as they don't phone it in like the RE3 remake.

Give me REmake 4
RE3R has a lot of short comings, but I don't think Capcom phoned it in. It's so close to, imo, being the best RE game, but it's unfinished. It surpasses RE2R in art direction, atmosphere, its cast of characters, and attention to detail (there is a lot of optional dialogue from observing the environment that flesh out the characters more).

Had RE3R expanded the city segment, added the clock tower as an playable area before Nemesis Phase 2, and included Mercenaries, I think RE3R would be game of the generation tier.

Reactions: RSB

lestar

Code Veronica is the only remake in history that needs to change the story, so they can retcon villagers in RE4, plagas, Carrie in RE7 and the werewolves in RE8

Yes, and they will make history by retconning a game that hasn't even released.

They need to retcon RE3 ending to the sequels (actual games than the og RE3 epilogues), it alway felt to much disconnection from the other direct sequels (the umbrella chronicles titles tried to solve this thou, but they are spinoffs). We need a main RE game with Chris dealing with Umbrella Europe after the racoon city indicent, his role in CV was so light, so I agree that a Reboot of CV is a must to retcon the other main titles.

Last edited:

Arachnid

RE3R has a lot of short comings, but I don't think Capcom phoned it in. It's so close to, imo, being the best RE game, but it's unfinished. It surpasses RE2R in art direction, atmosphere, its cast of characters, and attention to detail (there is a lot of optional dialogue from observing the environment that flesh out the characters more).

Had RE3R expanded the city segment, added the clock tower as an playable area before Nemesis Phase 2, and included Mercenaries, I think RE3R would be game of the generation tier.
Wow, that's a complete flip on your initial review. I thought I read a pretty negative first take after your first playthrough. I'm actually really glad things turned around on subsequent playthroughs for you man.

That said, "best RE game" is a pretty big statement to make. I have to respectfully disagree. It was super linear, there was no resource management, the zombie physics/damage models were a big step down from RE2, the gamma and beta hunters were uninteresting bullet sponges compared to the g-adults in RE2, and the lickers/paleheads (IMO the best and coolest mob enemies in the game) are ripped straight from RE2. Nemesis also had no real stalking factor to him (other than one section, but this wasn't really stalking as much as it was him sprinting into a grenade and getting instantly downed one or two times). It's been said a thousand times but every section with him devolves into set pieces that just have you sprint through a linear corridor while things blow up around you. IMO Mr. X gave more of a fear factor and impacted gameplay in a more unique way. Birkin is also a better designed and more interesting RE monster/antagonist (best in the entire series actually IMO). I also disagree with it having better atmosphere. I thought that aspect was severely lacking (though I definitely agree with better cast and dialogue; Carlos, Mikhail, and ESPECIALLY Nicholai were all stand out characters).

You could make the argument that RE3 is a different experience because it's meant to be a more action heavy RE game, but the action aspect is better and more satisfying in both RE4 and 5. Both were longer games with plenty of enemy types, bosses, great pacing, and satisfying conclusions. The shortness combined with all the cut content (cutting Neme phase two especially rubbed me wrong) and the IMO awful pacing (constant sprint through) just tanked the experience for me.

More recently, Evil Within 2 was both a better horror and action experience, and a more satisfying game in general (better enemies, bosses, gameplay, and story). RE3 just had too many shortcomings for me to give it a pass. I really wanted it to succeed too. I even got the collectors edition (though that was also for the Jill statue to complement my RE2 Leon statue).

EDIT: Also, no ink ribbons. What the hell?

Last edited:

vpance

Still waiting for an RE that gives us levels like the village from 4 or anything on the scale from 5 again. All the corridor action stuff is going backwards.

spookyfish

Well, with 2 and 3 (1 and Zero are GameCube ports) being done, I'm all in for Code: Veronica, for sure.

Let's see how they f**k up Claire's face more.

Rumors on re4make are strong, but I repeat, why?!

Does it really need a remake? Still sells like hot cake on every platform in its remastered version

Remaking cvx, REmake - a bit far fetched - or re0 could have way more sense

Top Bottom