• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Trailer #1 Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuburt

I honestly don't believe them whe they say they didn't have a plan B. Of course they had a plan B if they didn't get Spidey from Sony. As said, two scripts were ready. One with and without Spider-Man.

Well, yeah you are probably right that they probably had some sort of plan B but I do believe them when they say that Spidey was their plan A and not their plan B, as some have speculated before. In other words, he was always in the script. If they wanted him in the script, of course it makes sense they are going to plan as if he was going to be in so they can start planning for the best cameo they can have rather than wait and then squeeze him in half assed later.

They probably just made sure to plan the script to scrap all of his scenes if the deal didn't go through, like have most of his scenes fighting with the Avengers need CG or have most Tom Holland scenes be with only part of the cast so it could be shot separately. That also fits with the lack of Tom Holland being seen on sets and even if the deal did go through pretty late (which it seems like it was kind of pushing it as is), they could have still planned for Tom Holland shots to be done in the scheduled reshoots.

tomtom94

I love that they're using a Captain America movie to set up a future hero again. That sort of thing was largely missing from phase 2, I felt (after the whole Hawkeye-in-Thor thing)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/07/marvel-preview-captain-america-civil-war

Civil War featurette from the Phase 2 box set.

civil-war-concept-art.jpg

My guess is that T'Challa's mask is a battle helmet, when he's not in combat, it's off. There's no need for animated eyes. Spidey however... he's basically incognito all the time, so the animated eyes will be helpful to convey emotions.
True, I guess we'll see how well they work with Deadpool.
Witch's costume looks great, but needs a headdress.

God no. I've never liked those stupid headdresses. Enchantress, Polaris, and Storm all had them, too, and they looked super stupid then.

Maybe if it actually looks like something a person should wear, then fine, but stay away from that stupid comic face-frame-tiara.

Varna

Am I the only one who thought Scarlet Witch looked really bad in uniform at the end of AoU? She looks even worse now.

Am I the only one who thought Scarlet Witch looked really bad in uniform at the end of AoU? She looks even worse now.

I don't remember how she looked at the end of AoU, but I definitely don't like the look in the .gif with Hawkeye. Such a goofy looking jacket.

Pachimari

Then we don't need them. It doesn't matter either way.
Yes that's what I'm leaning toward now. There's no need for the production threads. News can just be posted on the MCU thread while bigger news gets its own thread.

---

And about Scarlet Witch. I understand where he is coming from. She looked different at the end of Age of Ultron and she looks weird in that gif from Civil War. The make up is all wrong. The costume is cool but it's the face that seems different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom