• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Trailer #1 Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they run when Spidey is pissed. Remember when he nearly killed Shocker/Mysterio/Chameleon when they acted like Harry's kid was dead?

Took the entire building they were in down and nearly caused them to drown.

diaspora

Nah they run when Spidey is pissed. Remember when he nearly killed Shocker/Mysterio/Chameleon when they acted like Harry's kid was dead?

Took the entire building they were in down and nearly caused them to drown.

Beat me to it. Origin of the Species went sideways real quick. As far as the MCU is concerned it's part of why I'm a little disappointed in them going for a teen spider-man. I never assumed they'd show his more brutal side on film anyway, but at least adult peter has one.

Beat me to it. Origin of the Species went sideways real quick. As far as the MCU is concerned it's part of why I'm a little disappointed in them going for a teen spider-man. I never assumed they'd show his more brutal side on film anyway, but at least adult peter has one.
That's why Jake Gyllenhaal adult Spidey was the dream.

Because adult Peter has seen some shit.

I want that Peter. Teen Peter is not that Peter. He is that Peter in the future. On his WAY to being that Peter. But he is not that Peter.

It will be many years before we get the Peter that's seen some shit on screen. Teen Peter didn't deal with being buried alive by a psychotic hunter.

diaspora

Because adult Peter has seen some shit.

I want that Peter. Teen Peter is not that Peter. He is that Peter in the future. On his WAY to being that Peter. But he is not that Peter.

It will be many years before we get the Peter that's seen some shit on screen. Teen Peter didn't deal with being buried alive by a psychotic hunter.

Or being tortured by Norman and Bullseye during his Iron Patriot phase.

flozuki

I need to decide if this or Suicide Squad will be my last superhero movie. I'm so oversaturated by them at this point.

I will say Captain America is the best superhero Marvel has right now, so Civil War is tempting.

Seriously, don't lie to yourself. When the hypemachine starts you will always be back sooner or later :D

Slayven

Slayven, we need the panels

Rhino and Iron Man 2020 both showed a careless disregard for bystanders

HvoxYUv.jpg

704758-iron_man_2015_v.jpg

There are 2 pissed off people you don't want coming after you in the MU. Spiderman and Reed Richards.

diaspora

Reed would risk the multiverse not to stop doom but prove he was right.

This is what was so disappointing about Ultimate Reed. Besides getting shown up as a jabroni by Tony's brain tumor it was the fact he made so many stupid mistakes out of some underlying spite.

Slayven

This is what was so disappointing about Ultimate Reed. Besides getting shown up as a jabroni by Tony's brain tumor it was the fact he made so many stupid mistakes out of some underlying spite.

The Maker is a Reed that finally stop lying to himself.

diaspora

I thought I was the only one who liked Ultimate Reed.

People were pissed about Ultimate Reed because I think they liked him. You have Richards finally being honest and free from humanity and he goes down like a chump and makes so many damn stupid mistakes.

G-Fex

ah good ol marvel knights spider-man who pummeled the shit out of/nearly killed electro when something happened to aunt may.

I hope we get a stereotypical "Panther stalking his prey" first-person predator shot in Civil War, except rather than just displaying his POV, it turns out he's using a HUD similar to Tony's suits, in a similar vein as:

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The Russos talks about Spider-Man's look in Civil War:

http://spidermannews.com/2015/12/06/the-russo-brothers/

“Well, we researched a lot and do a lot of experiments for all the characters. We did the same with Spider-Man. We knew it had to be someone young, it was very important because we wanted to give this essence to the character, it is something unique in the Marvel Universe. Tom Holland is an amazing Spider, people will love it. It was a very experimental process, placing it with other actors, especially with Downey Jr., we were learning as we did and are very happy with the result. But we are still working on some things, like the uniform. He’s not ready because so much will be produced with special effects.”

Asked specifically if that means we’re going to end up seeing the Iron Spider costume from the Civil War comic book, Anthony teased:

“The film will show a mix of what everyone is waiting and a little twist. So yeah, that’s what I can tell.”

Hype rising...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
^ Holy shit, they keep saying all the right things. Beyond hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibOLq-QraPU&feature=youtu.be&t=2h51m1s

Anthony Russo talking about Civil War in Brazil. He also talks about Spider-Man and even Infinity War.
He gave more insightful answers than I was expecting. Like how they didn't have much of a Plan B if Spider-Man didn't make it into the movie.

I also like how he reconfirmed Black Panther's gonna be on his own damn side thoughout the whole thing, as it should be.

diaspora

I'm still iffy. Though I guess the garbage of married Spider-Man is partly to blame. At least teenage spider-man would be free of that shit.

Cuburt

The Russos not having a Plan B is the best case scenario for us fans, even though Marvel might not like hearing that. lol

That says to me that Spider-Man is definitely not an afterthought and pre-production was being done on him while the negotiations were still going on as if he was going to be in the film. It still seems unlikely that his role is huge, but I think he will have a meaty enough role that will fit reasonably into the context of the whole film, maybe somewhat like the kid in Iron Man 3.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Marvel themselves never confirmed it officially though. Even in the EW thing where the costume was spotted on set, Feige wink wink nudge nudge called it a cosplayer.

Even if they were intentionally vague about that fact, it's probably the worst-kept secret that this was their intention.

Pachimari

The Russos not having a Plan B is the best case scenario for us fans, even though Marvel might not like hearing that. lol

That says to me that Spider-Man is definitely not an afterthought and pre-production was being done on him while the negotiations were still going on as if he was going to be in the film. It still seems unlikely that his role is huge, but I think he will have a meaty enough role that will fit reasonably into the context of the whole film, maybe somewhat like the kid in Iron Man 3.
I honestly don't believe them whe they say they didn't have a plan B. Of course they had a plan B if they didn't get Spidey from Sony. As said, two scripts were ready. One with and without Spider-Man.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I honestly don't believe them whe they say they didn't have a plan B. Of course they had a plan B if they didn't get Spidey from Sony. As said, two scripts were ready. One with and without Spider-Man.

True, Joss Whedon even prepared a Age of Ultron Scene with Spider-Man. He just couldnt use it because the deal was made one day after he had finished the regular one that is in the final movie.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
That's be dope. Or just lenses would be fine. I doubt Panther's eyes are animated.

My guess is that T'Challa's mask is a battle helmet, when he's not in combat, it's off. There's no need for animated eyes. Spidey however... he's basically incognito all the time, so the animated eyes will be helpful to convey emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom