• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Car crashes into school bus (video from inside the bus)

Kev Kev

It appears he was racing. No dead, 2 serious injuries that will require surgery. Wild video...

"The students can be seen talking and laughing one minute, then piled on top of each other the next, unable to get up. The impact was so great that kids were thrown from one side of the bus to the other.

It then shows the bus driver and kids on board trying to get free, but they are rattled and confused. Some suffered serious injuries. One girl had a broken pelvis. Another boy, who seconds earlier was walking down the aisle, was thrown so hard he was unable to get up.

The bus driver crawls over the seats to help the kids who are trying desperately to get out. Some of the kids immediately call their parents while others crawl out of the window. The rest crawl out of the emergency door.

According to a spokesperson for Albuquerque Public Schools, there were 23 students on board at the time of the crash. Seven students on board and the bus driver were sent to the hospital for injuries. According to the criminal complaint, a 14-year-old suffered a pelvic fracture and a 13-year-old suffered a femur fracture – both injuries requiring surgery.

The driver of the car that hit the bus was Mario Perez. He is facing two counts of great bodily harm by vehicle. The District Attorney’s Office says those charges were filed by the officer. More charges related to the other kids could be added once it makes its way through their office to District Court."

If he was really racing, I hope they throw the book at him. That shit pisses me off. I understand the thrill and fun of it, but it's not worth putting other peoples lives in danger, especially children.

casnix

What the hell man. People need to learn how to drive. Thankfully no one was killed. My daughter rides the bus and crap like this scares me.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's pretty amazing how organized and relatively calm the kids are. Sure there is screaming and some panic, but within seconds people are helping others and people are starting to leave the bus.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was in that bus and those girls are screaming at the top of their lungs well after the car hit. That shrieking is highly fucking annoying.

You're not dead. STFU !! Cry if you want to but stop the fucking yelling.

Last edited:
It appears he was racing. No dead, 2 serious injuries that will require surgery. Wild video...

"The students can be seen talking and laughing one minute, then piled on top of each other the next, unable to get up. The impact was so great that kids were thrown from one side of the bus to the other.

It then shows the bus driver and kids on board trying to get free, but they are rattled and confused. Some suffered serious injuries. One girl had a broken pelvis. Another boy, who seconds earlier was walking down the aisle, was thrown so hard he was unable to get up.

The bus driver crawls over the seats to help the kids who are trying desperately to get out. Some of the kids immediately call their parents while others crawl out of the window. The rest crawl out of the emergency door.

According to a spokesperson for Albuquerque Public Schools, there were 23 students on board at the time of the crash. Seven students on board and the bus driver were sent to the hospital for injuries. According to the criminal complaint, a 14-year-old suffered a pelvic fracture and a 13-year-old suffered a femur fracture – both injuries requiring surgery.

The driver of the car that hit the bus was Mario Perez. He is facing two counts of great bodily harm by vehicle. The District Attorney’s Office says those charges were filed by the officer. More charges related to the other kids could be added once it makes its way through their office to District Court."

If he was really racing, I hope they throw the book at him. That shit pisses me off. I understand the thrill and fun of it, but it's not worth putting other peoples lives in danger, especially children.

Bro you see that shit on YouTube all the fucking time.

I'm into modding my car and I'm always looking at Lexus content and there's a dude (with a rather large following) that does street racing and posts it to the Tube.

If he find himself going 100mph and wraps his punk ass around a tree, he won't get any sympathy from me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
of course it had to be a Mustang driver...
I don't mean to laugh, but the meme about Mustang drivers always taking out crowds of people. Car people things.
tducue1a43k71.jpg

066XrQO.jpg

hR1h2e0.jpg

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Broken pelvis. Oh man that blows
Yeah that and a femur. The surgery, recovery and rehab alone is going to be a nightmare for those kids. And during their early teenage years when they are supposed to be getting into shit and having fun with their friends. Not to mention they may have issues with those injuries later in life. This driver of that car can’t get thrown in jail fast enough.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Damn pelvis injuries are no joke. I fractured mine when I was in high school. That is a special kind of hurt.

GloveSlap

My bus got rear ended hard when i was a kid. The kids were fine, but i felt bad for the girl who did it. She had blood all over her shirt, but she was crying and was really worried about the kids on board.

Street racing is something else entirely though.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Did it flip the bus on its side or is it just a weird perspective of the camera?

Always seemed odd there were no seatbelts on school busses (I think because they were used as weapons?) and the construction of the seats themselves seemed designed to hurt you should you ever get in an accident.

Kev Kev

Did it flip the bus on its side or is it just a weird perspective of the camera?

Always seemed odd there were no seatbelts on school busses (I think because they were used as weapons?) and the construction of the seats themselves seemed designed to hurt you should you ever get in an accident.
it flipped. not sure if its on its side or upside down, but it aint right side up thats for sure.

as far as the seatbelts go, ive heard a couple different thing reading through comments. 1 is that seatbelts were tested but shown to actually do more harm than good. 2 is that it is nearly impossible for a bus driver to enforce a seatbelt wearing policy on a bus. i suppose you could hire bus enforcers or something but i really dont see a scenario in which a bus driver could safely drive the bus AND enforce every 13 year old middle school shit head to keep their seat belt clicked in.

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
it flipped. not sure if its on its side or upside down, but it aint right side up thats for sure.

as far as the seatbelts go, ive heard a couple different thing reading through comments. 1 is that seatbelts were tested but shown to actually do more harm than good. 2 is that it is nearly impossible for a bus driver to enforce a seatbelt wearing policy on a bus. i suppose you could hire bus enforcers or something but i really dont see a scenario in which a bus driver could safely drive the bus AND enforce every 13 year middle school shit head to keep their seat belt clicked in.
Yeah I worked for a school district and that is what I was told. It is almost impossible to enforce and opens the district, driver, buss company up for liability.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Man reading the youtube comments on the video is just awful. It's like announcing to the world that you have a mental illness and need help with what some of them are saying.

Like jesus imagine the force required to tip a bus, and those kids + bus driver just got hit with it.

Spaceman292

Banned
I'd be pretty pissed if I was in that bus and those girls are screaming at the top of their lungs well after the car hit. That shrieking is highly fucking annoying.

You're not dead. STFU !! Cry if you want to but stop the fucking yelling.
It's just a 100mph impact and a broken pelvis ffs don't be a cry baby

Kadve

Yeah I worked for a school district and that is what I was told. It is almost impossible to enforce and opens the district, driver, buss company up for liability.
Or dont enforce it and simply leave it to the kids to use them or not. And if the parents havent taught them better then they just have themselves to blame.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

Its actually the opposite. The seats are far safer than what they have in passenger cars, and the design of school buses obviates the need for seat belts.

Top Bottom