• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr./Hardee's CEO looking at employee-free restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

He's being naive, if sincere.

What company isn't going to embrace technology that increases production and minimizes costs? A company that will be left in the fucking dust, that's what.
Most companies fail to embrace automation that is technologically possible beause they're horribly efficient.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Carl's Jr./Hardee's employees looking at CEO-free company

/s

S2ESOyW.gif

good luck on guaranteed income, we
Americans
can't even be convinced that guaranteed health insurance that doesn't depend on having a job is a valid idea :/

good luck on guaranteed income, we
Americans
can't even be convinced that guaranteed health insurance that doesn't depend on having a job is a valid idea :/

Some people have postulated the idea of a job mortgage. This is something I see being a lot more likely in the United States :

One possible solution to 90% unemployment would be job mortgages, so that people who are displaced by robots can take out loans toward future earnings in unknown jobs. “People should be able to learn new skills by borrowing against future earnings capacity,”

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/mar/12/robots-taking-jobs-future-technology-jerry-kaplan-sxsw

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Anecdotal, but I too have seen a lot of people lined up for the self checkout when I just walked right up to an open till at a grocery store.

I don't agree with the rest of the rant, but that part resonated with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom