• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter by Stainless Games [Ended, $625K funded]

I never thought they would actually make the $400,000 target myself. I mean sure we all have nostalgic memories of Carmageddon but translating that into cash backing is a difficult thing to do.

Now with just 6 hours to go they are on $596,944 another $3,056 and those that asked will get their Linux/Mac version. Already pledged the max I could pledge and I am really looking forward to September for the re-release of Carmageddon 1 on GOG and then in February 2013 for the new Carmageddon.

It has been great following this kickstarter, I might even do it again if I find a project that tickles my fancy.

UPDATE :-

and they did it, $600,000 raised and still 5 hours left on the clock.

Vert boil

welp, it ended up at $625,143.
They are going to open the backer sub-forum sometime next week after the webmaster returns.

I've been replaying Carma 1 over the last few days and started on Carma 2 today. Apart from dealing with the steering having a long auto centering in Carma 1 it's as enjoyable as my memories. Carma 2 doesn't really have any issues apart from the hard coded resolution, so far. It's working perfectly so I don't want to bugger something up with the multiple wrapper high res trick.

Hopefully they don't even include support for snow/ice in Reincarnation. Bloomin' 'eck.

deejay

That was an interesting read. Looking good so far. Hope they can make it in time before it's supposed to be released.

Clydefrog

I couldn't find an OT for this game.

FYI: a patch came out recently which actually makes this game playable now. It's really fucking fun!

Top Bottom