• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

I'm in such a weird position because I have a bunch of endgame-level characters and I hardly remember how to play the game at all. :lol I've forgotten all the speedrun paths and strats and basically everything.

Spy will tell you, I felt that way a bit last night, but it all came back to me. Even survived a Berserker Armor run with Soma. xD~

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not sure how that's even possible. You would think that since you got everyone powered up you'd remember it all.

It's been literally years since the last time I played this. :lol And I mean, I don't have EVERYONE at endgame level. Mostly just Soma and Shanoa, maybe Julius too. I didn't put nearly as much time into it as some of the insane people in here, but I was at the point where I was doing Hard runs in 3-5 minutes with groups and such. Maybe 70 or so hours total.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Spy will tell you, I felt that way a bit last night, but it all came back to me. Even survived a Berserker Armor run with Soma. xD~

Retro Drac's goddamn little balls though. So harshe. So darke. Will practice on the timing again. I intend to stick with this game for a while again. I'm a on CV/Bloodstained high. And these, last me a while.

I'll be playing tonight after the Agents of SHIELD season finale, but it'll be very brief (only an hour max) and with some other friends of mine. Will be streaming it for anyone who wants to watch though.

Retro Drac's goddamn little balls though. So harshe. So darke. Will practice on the timing again. I intend to stick with this game for a while again. I'm a on CV/Bloodstained high. And these, last me a while.

Yeah it was funny, you waited outside the gate, then came back in and got killed on the first one xD

lol it's cool though the timing does take getting used to

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I can play tonight, but not until the end of the Cavs playoff game, so should be around 10PM EST.

I'm in the same boat. Add me at Jotamide, I can play as soon as the game is over. I don't have a PS3- compatible headset though.
And no Sonic Boots.

Man I still can't believe how many times I've been playing Chapter 9, but I already have basically all of the drops at max lol.
I've easily got like 30 Sonic Boots.

So, can we make a rule to not have someone start a boss fight before we all get up there? Because that sucks the fun out of it for me. I mean unless it's agreed upon beforehand.

Not that it matters cause nobody is playing with me anyway, but if I do that, it's only because I accidentally walk into the boss room. :p

Thanks to everyone for joining tonight! We had a full group and had some great games together.

Shall we shoot for Tues night as a main fixture, and then for other playings just message each other through here?

Anyone else that would like to join just post with your username and we'll put together some groups.

kogasu

Well... I honestly didn't know there was an OT for HoD here. Hi, I was pointed here from the CV Community thread. Thanks Lee!

I'll be checking in every so often to see when people are playing since I've never had the chance to play multiplayer and I think it would be better with some Gaffers anyway. My characters are all kind of low level though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks to everyone for joining tonight! We had a full group and had some great games together.

Shall we shoot for Tues night as a main fixture, and then for other playings just message each other through here?

Anyone else that would like to join just post with your username and we'll put together some groups.

Yeah, had a really great time. Too bad no Sanic Boots though. :lol Definitely looking forward to doing it again soon!

We played about 2 and a half hours longer after you posted you were going to bed. If you were still up then we could have played a bit. Although, yeah, 6+ hour sessions are not for me anymore! ;o

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit. So I was just in a group of five people. We start Chapter 10, and the one Japanese dude in the group glitches his way from the very beginning of the stage right to R. The Count and fucking solos him.

GodDAMN.

Holy shit. So I was just in a group of five people. We start Chapter 10, and the one Japanese dude in the group glitches his way from the very beginning of the stage right to R. The Count and fucking solos him.

GodDAMN.

Yep, if you want any sort of reasonable rate of getting drops from that guy, that's the only way to do it. Properly spec'd Somas can be finished with the map in about 20-30 seconds.

This is an explanation of the glitch used, though execution can vary; I'm fairly certain I've seen it done without Puppet Master. There's also an older variant that made use of the elevator shaft instead of the left wall of the map.

Yeah some of the glitches in this game are crazy. One time the same thing happened in my party, chapter began, music switched right to the boss and I was so confused lol.

GodDAMN.

Yeah was gonna say that's ancient news man ;o

Spy and I were talking about that the other night. I have only been able to achieve that same glitch once, the timing is really tough.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah was gonna say that's ancient news man ;o

Spy and I were talking about that the other night. I have only been able to achieve that same glitch once, the timing is really tough.

I figured it was old, yeah. First time I'd ever seen it, though.

And this guy was either lucky or knew exactly what he was doing. He hit the glitch less than 30 seconds in.

I want to get back into this game. Stay active so I can hop on sometime :)

I'm in such a weird position because I have a bunch of endgame-level characters and I hardly remember how to play the game at all. :lol I've forgotten all the speedrun paths and strats and basically everything.
Exactly! Me too! I have all the best loot already too lol

Top Bottom